Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 52 of 52
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    For not joining the RNC you sure have adopted their "'Merica is always right" philosophy as evidenced by the bolded.

    That analogy is pretty much saying EVERYONE but the US is crazy considering pretty much EVERYONE watches soccer.

    I can see your confusion, considering what we've seen from every other politician not being a corporate shill and not meddling in other countries affairs must seem bat**** crazy.
    Adopted what now? Wow, your penchant for redefining my words in a way that is more paletable for a convenient argument is quite telling. I don't think the bolded says that, at all. really. not even a little. Its not even a stretch really, but more of a complete redefinition.

    I have no issue with a politiican shaking things up, but Ron Paul? C'mon. Really? And yes, some of his his policies are batshit crazy, and yes, soccer is bull **** sad excuse for entertainment. 90 minutes to maybe see someone score maybe once? twice? And a bunch of guys flopping around pretending to be hurt so someone can angrily show their opponant a brightly colored card? Gee, I'm holding onto my seat in sheer energetic anticipation...

    And "Merica is always right? That's what you take from my posts? I ahve no idea how you can arrive at that conclusion from criticising that crazy old coot.

    EDIT: Let me express my frustration a little more clearly. This infatuation with Ron Paul IMO is a non starter. We need a third party candidate who sounds reasonable and that can garner support. Ron Paul is an obstacle to this end. He will nto get us there. And the longer this ridiculous love affair with him goes on, the longre it will be untl a viable third party candidate can actually stand a chance to get the attention this needs.
    Last edited by Patsfan56; 08-31-2012 at 08:45 AM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,360
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Adopted what now? Wow, your penchant for redefining my words in a way that is more paletable for a convenient argument is quite telling. I don't think the bolded says that, at all. really. not even a little. Its not even a stretch really, but more of a complete redefinition.

    I have no issue with a politiican shaking things up, but Ron Paul? C'mon. Really? And yes, some of his his policies are batshit crazy, and yes, soccer is bull **** sad excuse for entertainment. 90 minutes to maybe see someone score maybe once? twice? And a bunch of guys flopping around pretending to be hurt so someone can angrily show their opponant a brightly colored card? Gee, I'm holding onto my seat in sheer energetic anticipation...

    And "Merica is always right? That's what you take from my posts? I ahve no idea how you can arrive at that conclusion from criticising that crazy old coot.

    EDIT: Let me express my frustration a little more clearly. This infatuation with Ron Paul IMO is a non starter. We need a third party candidate who sounds reasonable and that can garner support. Ron Paul is an obstacle to this end. He will nto get us there. And the longer this ridiculous love affair with him goes on, the longre it will be untl a viable third party candidate can actually stand a chance to get the attention this needs.
    Nail. Head. Hit.

    Though trashing someone else's sport of choice, especially when that sport is the most popular in the world is not necessary. Though you do it well. My sport is baseball, and I understand why others think it's boring, but **** you if you say it to me. I have gone so far in my attempt to appreciate sport that I have watched Cricket.... that is one cluster **** of a game, at one point on the TV there was this list of stats... I don't know like 6 or 7 different abbreviations. OK. that's cool.. but there was also a little picture of a duck, with a 2 next to it. What the hell is that!?! So if you want a sport to make fun of I think that's the one.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Nail. Head. Hit.

    Though trashing someone else's sport of choice, especially when that sport is the most popular in the world is not necessary. Though you do it well. My sport is baseball, and I understand why others think it's boring, but **** you if you say it to me. I have gone so far in my attempt to appreciate sport that I have watched Cricket.... that is one cluster **** of a game, at one point on the TV there was this list of stats... I don't know like 6 or 7 different abbreviations. OK. that's cool.. but there was also a little picture of a duck, with a 2 next to it. What the hell is that!?! So if you want a sport to make fun of I think that's the one.
    I don;t mean anything personal byu the soccer comment, it was a reference in an earlier post, and someone got their feathers ruffled. I don;t get upset when someone trashes American football, its a sport. Not a representation of me as a person.

    And I feel as though I am entitled. Working in Kabul, its all those British security mother ****ers watch, that and cricket which you need to have at least 5 drinks before it begins to make any sense at all.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    14,849
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    EDIT: Let me express my frustration a little more clearly. This infatuation with Ron Paul IMO is a non starter. We need a third party candidate who sounds reasonable and that can garner support. Ron Paul is an obstacle to this end. He will nto get us there. And the longer this ridiculous love affair with him goes on, the longre it will be untl a viable third party candidate can actually stand a chance to get the attention this needs.
    The problem is the game is fixed against 3rd parties already- that fact will not change until one of the two major parties fixes it and neither have any motivation to do so because they don't want the comptetion.
    Whether it's a liberal or conservative 3rd party that rises to compete with the GOP and Democrats the fact remains that one of the two major parties will take all the power.

    If Libertarianism rose up as a real 3rd party threat then the Democrats would win every election until kingdom come.

    What Ron Paul is doing is not unprecedented, it's very similar to what William Jennings Bryan did in the 1890s to the Democrats.

    Parties go through identity changes (the GOP has gone through several in the last 50 years) and that's just the way it works.

    A legitimate 3rd party is not the answer because it means 1 party would end up with all the power.

    The only real solution is to banish all political parties forever, and that type of legislation would never pass unless upstanding people take over one of the two controlling parties.

    3rd parties are really a giant distraction and a successful one would actually end up being a very terrible thing for the country unless it miraculously worked out that 33% of the country went to the newly formed party and we had an even 33-33-33 split.
    Last edited by whitesoxfan83; 08-31-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe
    well, it IS a good metaphor for the republican brand right now...
    Heh...
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83
    If they had given that 10 minutes to Ron I doubt it would have been as destructive as what Eastwood did...
    You're probably right. But I enjoyed it.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    chicago, illinois
    Posts
    12,042
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I'm so confused. Can I actually vote for Ron Paul somewhere this November?
    Can't you just answer two simple questions? one...... what policies do you want a candidate to want? two..... what about paul don't you like or agree with? not hard to understand that.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,222
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    Can't you just answer two simple questions? one...... what policies do you want a candidate to want? two..... what about paul don't you like or agree with? not hard to understand that.
    Right, but.. this is where I'm confused. Is Ron Paul going to be on my ballot come November? I could think Ron Paul was a lizard person who wants to enact nothing but lizard-friendly policies, but unless he's running for something in November, I can't see how it matters.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •