Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: NHLPA Proposal

NHLPA Proposal

"Part of the NHLPA's proposal allows for Bettman to arbitrarily assign the #1 pick in the draft to a financially distressed team."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...itwhat/1/46225

This is awful.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

Like he hasn't done that before.

This is eklund not worth a link

Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    This is eklund not worth a link
    Nailed it.

However if that rule is added, that's literally the stupidest thing in all of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Nailed it.

However if that rule is added, that's literally the stupidest thing in all of sports.
    Agreed.

It's Ecklund. While I think he has some sources, as he's been right some of the time, I think he's a classic spaghetti thrower. The second he "hears" something, he posts about it. More than likely, it's a lot of unsubstantiated stuff. Which is why half of his stuff if just bizarre, off the walls stuff. I don't doubt teams talk a lot of crazy scenarios. Ever play a fantasy sport? My god, the crazy trades people talk about but never come close to pulling the trigger on. Ever play a re-draft on here? They get crazier.

While the NHLPA may have proposed that....theres equally as likely of a chance they did not propose that. And honestly, that sounds like something that the NHLPA wouldn't even bother bringing up seriously right now considering the root of the issue seems to be revenue sharing, salary cap floor/ceiling and revenue percentages, so I side on the half of the fence of "unlikely scenarios".
    1st Place...the only place that matters

This could be the most mis-leading thread of all time haha

I came in here hoping to get some details and instead got an Eklund link... and it isn't even april fools day

This already happened, the 2005 draft.

If a team is in that situation where they have to be handed the #1 pick, even though they're not the worst team in the league....Why keep a hockey team in that city? If they cannot produce a profit with the product they're putting on the ice move it to a city that wants a hockey team....

I'm assuming Nashville is coming to mind because they practically bankrupted themselves for the next 2 years with Shea Weber's new contract?

End of the day who knows? But I have a hard time believing that the players would put a rule like that in place. Might be one of the dumbest rules I've ever heard of.

Eklund should write for people magazine. Just make stuff up. I am very doubtful of this. Until I see it from a legit source (bob mckenzie) I won't believe it
    \

That is the worst idea ever

crosby was already given to the penguins and the panthers were screwed so why should they change it?
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh