Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Over/Under or Yes/No

Neat little game to mess around with very little topics as of late. You answer the question, and then make one of your own.

Steven Stamkos scores 57 goals next season.

Stamkos scores 57 - under

Toronto doesnt make the playoffs.... again. Winning 26 games.
    \

I am a Lightning fan and say Stamkos gets UNDER 57 goals.
    Look, let's face it...60 goals is a pretty amazing feat. Its simply NOT something that can be done on a year in year out basis...even for the most prolific goal scorers.
    CAN he do it again? Sure..it is possible, but last season, Stamkos was pretty much the Lightning's entire offense.

Tampa Bay has made some acquisitions in the off season...mainly to improve the defense and especially the goaltending....but I think Guy Boucher knows DAMN well (and I think the players realize too) that offense has to come from at least TWO of the lines....and possibly a third (if Thompson, Hall, Crombeen can chip in)....so I am thinking Boucher's offensive schemes may feature ways to spread the scoring out a little bit.

Thus St. Louis (still a good scorer) will be counted on to pick up more offense, same with LeCavalier, Teddy Purcell, Ryan Malone...then from the defensemen, offense from Bergeron and possibly Matt Carle.
    All this I believe may affect Stamkos' goal totals if the offensive schemes are spread throughout the team (a GOOD thing by the way, fans!).

And believe me...being the team player that Stamkos is, I am sure he wouldn't mind if his goal totals "only" reached 45-50 if it meant the team gets more wins, the overall offense was better and it takes pressure off the defense by keeping the puck on the opposition's zone.

Whew....LOL.
    Now for my Q:

Corey Schneider. He posted a RIDICULOUS 1.96 GAA last season as Roberto Luongo's backup.
    Now Mr. Schneider is "The Man" in Vancouver (or he will be anyways..)...

So....with the weight and pressure of the Vancouver fanbase on HIS shoulders, and no safety nets named Luongo to fall back on...
    Does Corey Schneider post a GAA over or under 2.20 on the season? Yep...I am giving him a margin of just over 0.20 to work with.....hehe
    Last edited by PineAppleFlavor; 07-31-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Corey Schneider GAA 2.20- Over

Sidney Crosby puts up 100 points

City of Brotherly Love

Quote Originally Posted by PineAppleFlavor View Post
    I am a Lightning fan and say Stamkos gets UNDER 57 goals.
    Look, let's face it...60 goals is a pretty amazing feat. Its simply NOT something that can be done on a year in year out basis...even for the most prolific goal scorers.
    CAN he do it again? Sure..it is possible, but last season, Stamkos was pretty much the Lightning's entire offense.

Tampa Bay has made some acquisitions in the off season...mainly to improve the defense and especially the goaltending....but I think Guy Boucher knows DAMN well (and I think the players realize too) that offense has to come from at least TWO of the lines....and possibly a third (if Thompson, Hall, Crombeen can chip in)....so I am thinking Boucher's offensive schemes may feature ways to spread the scoring out a little bit.

Thus St. Louis (still a good scorer) will be counted on to pick up more offense, same with LeCavalier, Teddy Purcell, Ryan Malone...then from the defensemen, offense from Bergeron and possibly Matt Carle.
    All this I believe may affect Stamkos' goal totals if the offensive schemes are spread throughout the team (a GOOD thing by the way, fans!).

And believe me...being the team player that Stamkos is, I am sure he wouldn't mind if his goal totals "only" reached 45-50 if it meant the team gets more wins, the overall offense was better and it takes pressure off the defense by keeping the puck on the opposition's zone.

Whew....LOL.
    Now for my Q:

Corey Schneider. He posted a RIDICULOUS 1.96 GAA last season as Roberto Luongo's backup.
    Now Mr. Schneider is "The Man" in Vancouver (or he will be anyways..)...

So....with the weight and pressure of the Vancouver fanbase on HIS shoulders, and no safety nets named Luongo to fall back on...
    Does Corey Schneider post a GAA over or under 2.20 on the season? Yep...I am giving him a margin of just over 0.20 to work with.....hehe
    I think Schneider posts exactly that number for GAA of 2.20 but i'll go just barely over just to be safe as he is now the starting goaltender.

Over/Under Nash getting 30 goals in a full season for the Rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think Schneider posts exactly that number for GAA of 2.20 but i'll go just barely over just to be safe as he is now the starting goaltender.

Over/Under Nash getting 30 goals in a full season for the Rangers?
    Over - he is getting a load of work early on with Gaborik out and then will still get prime time, obviously, afterwards.

Over/Under: Crosby plays 50 games
    Buckeye Nation

There are no men like me, only me.

Over, but it'll be under 72.

O/U: 95 points for Giroux
    1st Place...the only place that matters

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Over, but it'll be under 72.

O/U: 95 points for Giroux
    Under. I love Giroux and he'll be very close though, maybe miss 95 by just a few points.

Over/Under: Rick DiPietro 10 starts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

Over. I don't know why, but I'm thinking RD has a big year of 15 or so starts. Honestly though, such a shame to what has happened to him.

Anze Kopitar gets a 1.00 PPG this season for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Over. I don't know why, but I'm thinking RD has a big year of 15 or so starts. Honestly though, such a shame to what has happened to him.

Anze Kopitar gets a 1.00 PPG this season for the first time.
    Under - Anze is good, but now that LA are champs everyone shows up to the rink to play them.

O/U - Granlund wins calder trophy.
    \

I don't know how to go over/under there. I think we could add in yes/no to this thread as well. I will go no. I love Granlund, but I'm looking at Nail Yakupov to grab it. Nail's NHL ready. I think Granlund will get nominated though.

Gustav Nyquist puts up 45 points.

That is a tough one, can I say push? I think he is gonna put up right around 45, my guess would be under just because he has never played 82 games a year and he might hit the wall towards the end of the year. 40-45 points IMO

Cristobal Huet starts 1 game as a starter(Meaning not a spot start as a backup or due to injury)

City of Brotherly Love

Under. I think Huet will be back. He's still a top 45 or so goaltender in the world. However, I think he signs as the clear cut #2. He could be a starter in a place or two if we look hard enough. Winnipeg would have been perfect before the Al Montoya signing. I'm looking at Philadelphia right now.

Kris Versteeg is an All-Star next season.

No. I think he comes back down to Earth, as does the amazingly over achieving Florida Panthers.

Lupul puts up 60 points O/U.
    1st Place...the only place that matters

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    No. I think he comes back down to Earth, as does the amazingly over achieving Florida Panthers.

Lupul puts up 60 points O/U.
    New system, new conference i say under in his first year...

Radim Vrbata O/U 30 goals?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast