Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Post Woelfel/WSSP-radio- Ellis expected to opt out after season

Accord to Woelfel on WSSP radio yesterday mentions Ellis is opting out at season end. The WSSP site doesn't have the podcast up yet so no link. But brewhoop is already on the story as well. Curious now do we trade him before the start of season or deadline? I'll post the main link and wait til they update the site.

http://www.sportsradio1250.com/
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 08-28-2012 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    Honestly I hope he does.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Rather trade him at the deadline for the best package possible.

vCash
    Our luck he gets injured then value is gone other then expiring trade piece. I would try and have Gooden in all Ellis trades.

vCash
    F yah, I would agree with that. However if we could get a sweeter deal w/o Gooden, I'd have to say leave him out...then pray to god we can somehow trade him in the off-season.

vCash

There's still some rumblings that they might be interested in making a significant trade. A lot of it hinges on where they feel they're going to go with Monta Ellis or Brandon Jennings. If Ellis gives them a clear indication that he's not coming back (after 2013), it wouldn't shock me if they traded him. In fact I would encourage them to trade Monta Ellis because he's got a player option after next year.

[Freimund asks if the two sides have neogitated[ They have talked, yeah. Neither party is talking about what they're saying. But everyone I've talked to in the Monta Ellis camp says he's not coming back after next year.
    -brew hoop

http://podcast.sportsradio1250.com/wssp2/3622566.mp3 Bucks news starts at 33:30 with Woelfel and Chuck.

vCash
    They also discuss Ersan getting $8M per. Then Woelfel asks Chuck since Ersan gets $8M per what does Ellis and Jennings get?

vCash
    Woelfel welcomes a Ellis trade and would push for one right now. Also then Chuck asks Woelfel how are the Jennings contract talks going. Woelfel said slowly. Then said he was being shopped in the past. Then Chuck ask think Jennings could be dealt? Woelfel said he wouldn't be shocked at all. Then mention talks of having centers Dalembert and Przybilla back in the fold. Since we had no legit center last season once Bogut was dealt.

vCash
    Even if we trade Ellis what team would be interested in Ellis? Magic? Hawks? Blazers? Mavs? Suns? Hard to say what Kohl would want back in win now mode. Isn't like he will let Hammond just get expiring's and draft picks. I can see the Blazers trying to get another name there to keep Aldridge happy.

Maybe Matthews and a protected pick coming back our way? Suns trying to clear cap to land Harden in 2013 and Harden said he wouldn't mind playing there. But hard to say. Hawks may want Ellis to attract Howard if he decides to bolt LA. Doubt we get Horford for Ellis. Smith burned his bridge with us.

Magic pretty much clean house with Howard gone. Redick and a future pick? Dump Gooden in the deal for shorter deal of Hedo? Other pieces probably have to be added to get it close for CBA rules. Magic want to hit rock bottom though. But I doubt a one man team of Ellis would do anything to stop the tank they planned with trading Howard.

Mavs just signed a bunch of free agents. So they cant be traded til like the deadline. I could see them wanting to dump Matrix on us and a lame late first yucky poohie. I prefer young assets from this draft or prior draft and expirings. Doubt Kohl does though.

vCash
    If the Suns were interested in Ellis now or at the deadline. What would you want in return? I doubt they want to part with starting center Gortat. I would consider Channing Frye if they also tossed in rookie pg Kendall Marshall and sg Shannon Brown. Reason I suggest Marshall is if Jennings try to get us to bid against our selves well we would have another young up and coming pg.

So no loss if we had to trade Jennings next year. Ya figured we tried to deal Jennings twice now. Also Suns just signed Goran Dragic as starting pg. So that might make it easier for them to part with rookie pg. Only bad part of a 1 for 3 players is we have 1 player over roster limit. We would have 16. Would have to do another trade of a 2 for 1 or a player for a pick.

Monta Ellis $11,000,000 $11,000,000

for

Channing Frye $6,000,000 $6,400,000 $6,800,000
    Kendall Marshall $1,919,160 $2,005,560 $2,091,840 $2,989,239 $4,134,117
    Shannon Brown $3,500,000 $3,500,000

vCash
    The problem is in any trade of Ellis, we'd probably be trading one for 2 or 3 guys, in which case, we really aren't going to get any better. Do you really think Channing Frye, who's a no defense shooter at center, Kendall Marshall, who's our backup pg if Jennings stays, and Shannon Brown, who's a solid scorer and would be a good sixth man, really makes us any better than we were? I don't. I wouldn't trade Ellis now unless we actually are getting something that makes us better.

vCash
    I only suggest Frye cause I figured they wouldn't part with Gortat. Marshall would be insurance and a building block and a option to replace Jennings if Jennings wants more in a extension. Bucks were interested in Shannon Brown this summer. I prefer to go after ZBO. Read and posted the link in our free agent and trade topic up above.

Zach Randolph could be amnestied next year. Bucks should try a win now move and get him. Beno,Gooden,Moute works for me. Even though Kohl vetoed a ZBO trade in the past when he played for the Knicks. Believed it was Simmons,Bell,Gadz for ZBO and Renaldo Balkman.

vCash
    How the hell does Kohl not realize that getting picks is the smartest move for us right now?

I keep hearing this win now ****. That's crap, we haven't been a winning team in years, it ridiculous to say we are now.

For Christ sake we have Drew Gooden in our starting lineup, your going to tell me playing Drew ****ing Gooden is a win now move?!!!

I'd say that's more of a lose now move then anything..

vCash
    Trade for best pick/deal possible so we can have some pieces to trade up and draft Shabbazz Muhammad.

vCash
    Problem is the teams that would trade picks for him are the teams that will finish with picks in the 20s. We aren't going to be able to trade our pick, even if its 6-8 and then a pick in the 20s for number 1 or 2. The only way we get a guy like Muhammad is luck in the lotto.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast