Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

NHL13 "GM Connected" Dynasty Signups (X360)

Important Notice: Read whole thread, then sign up, please.

As some/most of you are aware, NHL13 for the PS3, and Xbox360 is set to hit shelves on September 11, 2012. Shipping with this iteration of the game is the "GM Connected" mode which allows you to play the "Be a GM" mode of past games online, with 30 user controlled teams. If you are unfamiliar with the mode, here is a youtube video posted by the EA Sports guys that explains the mode a little more.

Needless to say, I'd like to start up a league with as many active (key word) GM's as possible. To do this, I've asked McJoe and Ink to stick this thread (eventually) and maybe even start up a subforum for the game. As I own an Xbox 360 console, only Xbox users are able to join. I'm more than happy to commissioner the league, though, considering it's the first issue of the game to come with this option, I don't know everything I'm able to control and I'm not going to run it perfectly. Below, are the signup requirements, filled teams, and some basic rule guidelines. Hope you guys sign up, I think this would be a ton of fun.

Rules:

Schedule length: 41 games, 3 game playoff series.
    I want to play as many seasons as possible. This ensures quick season turnarounds and wont let last place teams languish.

Injuries: Off No complaining about Crosby getting hurt.

Salary cap: On

Trades: Human teams only No one will build a roster because they can manipulate the computer. Trade with a computer controlled team and get booted.

Rosters: 2012-2013 opening night rosters as of Sept 11,2012. Any moves made before the league opens will be adjusted. Any moves after, will be ignored. No roster edits.

No blatant tanking at seasons end (pulling goalie in first period, skating around like idiot, etc). No using glitch goals. You get the picture.

Rules for activity/inactivity explored later
    Signup:

To sign up, please, answer the following questions:

1) List top 5 teams wanted in order of preference (make sure to check who's taken list. Answer "any" and I'll give you an unwanted team. Just give me a list)
    2) Played an online league before? What game?
    3) Date planned on purchasing the game - want to start ASAP. If you're buying it in October, maybe don't sign up right now
    For rosters, please refer these links:

Western Conference Teams

Eastern Conference Teams

Remember: I want ACTIVE GM's. This is supposed to be fun. My goal is to get through a handful of seasons.

CLAIMED TEAMS:

Western:
    Avelanche: 1908_Cubs
    Oilers: Blue_Ninja
    Kings: Sexicano31
    Blackhawks: Myrdmidon24
    Red Wings: RedwingFreak
    Wild: Killer Jug
    Blues: ShortsideShot
    Flames: Top Shelf
    Blue Jackets: Ironman
    Sharks: KingsQueens
    Ducks: RedwhiteBlue

Eastern:
    Canadians: Saints21
    Flyers: MacManus
    Penguins: Penskins87
    Islanders: Brianwestkins
    Leafs: HalladayMVP
    Rangers: Garden_Faitful
    Bruins: Shaiza
    Capitals: Freestyle
    Jets: GeneralTso
    Hurricanes: Delfinko

ALL TEAMS WHO HAVE CHECKED IN AND JOINED THE LEAGUE IN BOLD.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 09-12-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I suggest posting this in the Video Game forum as well. A lot of team forums do this sort of thing too.

vCash

I'm in

Took a lot of thinking, but I finally know who I'll claim.

1). Chicago or Montréal
    2). No online leagues, but NHL EASHL
    3.) Sept 11

vCash

NHL13 "GM Connected" Dynasty Signups (X360)

I'm getting it on the 15th when I return from a business trip. No leagues before. I'd like any of the Flyers, Oilers, Avs, Kings or Red Wings.

Edit: I have no leagues, but 287 eashl games last year
    Last edited by MacManus; 08-27-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Happy Summer 2014. Welcome it in with half an hour of awesome, courtesy of yours truly - Patrick Montgomery - and my new EDM megamix, Why You Heff to Bang Mad?

vCash
    1) Oilers, Flyers, Blackhawks, Red Wings, or the Lightning

2) I usually play in one or two online league in every NHL game plus EASHL.

3) Sept 11 2012
    Last edited by Blue_Ninja; 08-27-2012 at 05:28 AM.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Im in, and no crosby wont get hurt

1)penguins, sabres
    2) ive played in every game mode especially gm mode, HUT eashl with my buddies
    3) already pre ordered on amazon, should be here a few days within sept 11.

7. 08-27-2012, 01:44 PM
    Reason
    Double Post

vCash
    1) Chicago, Winnipeg, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Boston
    2) None
    3) 9/11/12

What will the difficulty be on? And on the no comp-trades, I think the commissioner will be able to veto trades. Not positive though.

vCash
    1) List top 5 teams wanted in order of preference (make sure to check who's taken list. Answer "any" and I'll give you an unwanted team. Just give me a list): Flyers, Oilers, Kings, Pens, Yotes
    2) Played an online league before? What game?: Like this? No
    3) Date planned on purchasing the game - want to start ASAP. If you're buying it in October, maybe don't sign up right now: Not entirely sure. Funds may be tight. I would hope to get it by october

vCash
    Anyone play this on PS3?

vCash
    1. Red Wings, Pens, Hawks, Rangers, Predators
    2. Not for NHL
    3. I will have it within a couple days of its release
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Trading with CPU: http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...ected-revealed

It says that trades and free agent signings have to be approved my the commissioner. I think we should be allowed to trade with the CPU but that is still 1908_Cub's call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrmidon24 View Post
    Trading with CPU: http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...ected-revealed

It says that trades and free agent signings have to be approved my the commissioner. I think we should be allowed to trade with the CPU but that is still 1908_Cub's call.
    It's too easy. I know every time I start a Dynasty I deal all of my picks and create a super team immediately. Last thing I want is for CPU controlled teams to become wastelands, and then someone sign up and get shafted because 20 human controlled teams went rifling through 10 CPU teams, ya know?

Accessibility and activity keep the league alive. Plus, the hope is we have 30 GM's.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 08-27-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    But you will have to approve them so if it is a really bad trade then you can deny it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrmidon24 View Post
    But you will have to approve them so if it is a really bad trade then you can deny it.
    It's easier if I just say no to all trades. If I start picking and choosing, I open up discussion. Also, what if I trade with the comp teams and people think it was unfair? I'm the commish, no one can check me. Or what if someone else makes a trade and 15 others think it's unfair? And then it becomes a race to the comp teams - they just accept deals immediately. Last thing I want to do is make any of ya'll upset. Easier if it's black and white. Then you just know that you leave them alone, and I'll do the same. It also keeps them a little better ran and managed for, if, say someone else wants to take over that team at a later date. People won't find it fun to take control of a team who's lost all of their stars and has a handful of first round picks that wont become useful for 3 seasons. Or a team full of 36 year old players that a human duped into dumping on a team with long salary obligations.

Like I said, the goal here is to have 30 GM's anyways. We've got 9 or so signed up and it's Aug 27th, a full two weeks before game release.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    I agree, no trading among the cpu . Hopefully we can get 30 active gms. Ive signed up on here before for gm mode and only a few guys were active.

Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast