Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

PSD Flyers Forum NHL 13 League

In the off-topic thread we had been discussing setting up a GM Connected league for NHL 13 using members of the Flyers forum. Essentially, for those unfamiliar with the mode, it allows for players to join a 'league' and take over NHL teams (essentially becoming that team's GM), then make trades and play games against other players or CPU teams. Further, each team can have 24 human players for lines (or all CPU players, making you a coach, or you can play as you normally would a Versus game, if that's more your thing), essentially combining the game's Be a GM and OTP online modes (also allowing for up to 750 players in a league).

I think it would be cool to start such a league and get some games going between us in the forum. If you're interested - and we've been discussing setting up a league for NHL 13 on the Xbox 360 so far - post here and when the game comes out we can create the league and select teams.

To whomever moderates this forum (I come here often but generally only post in the Eagles forum, so I'm unfamiliar with the jurisdiction), if this isn't thread worthy please feel free to merge it wherever. I just think it would be nice and easy to conglomerate all of the potential players in one thread so we don't highjack something like the Off-Topic thread or Flyers NHL 13 Ratings thread.

Happy Summer 2014. Welcome it in with half an hour of awesome, courtesy of yours truly - Patrick Montgomery - and my new EDM megamix, Why You Heff to Bang Mad?

vCash
    I'd be interested if it's 360.

vCash
    I'm down!

vCash
    As I said in the off topic forum - I'm very interested in this!

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    im down for 360

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

vCash
    I got ps3

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    I got ps3
    ps3 here too

and I'm a cheap*** and wont buy the game til black friday when its $35

vCash
    i have ps3 too.......we had a bunch of people in this forum in a a league back in '10 & '11. they are still on my friends list on ps3 so if anyone wants to jump in i will send them messages about a team and just add me there

my name is jayfair10

vCash
    I'd actually suggest this be more of an NHL forum type thing. Get all 30 teams claimed as opposed to like, 7 or so.

I've got a 360 and would be interested in playing.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash

PSD Flyers Forum NHL 13 League

That's fair. I say we let people claim a slot until tonight and then take it to the NHL forum to get other sign ups. I'd be willing to GM or OTP for an active GM so I'm flexible.

Or we could see if we want a purely Flyers forum league and do another with the NHL forum. Whatever.
    Last edited by MacManus; 08-26-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Happy Summer 2014. Welcome it in with half an hour of awesome, courtesy of yours truly - Patrick Montgomery - and my new EDM megamix, Why You Heff to Bang Mad?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacManus View Post
    That's fair. I say we let people claim a slot until tonight and then take it to the NHL forum to get other sign ups. I'd be willing to GM or OTP for an active GM so I'm flexible.

Or we could see if we want a purely Flyers forum league and do another with the NHL forum. Whatever.
    I'd be great with that second option. One Flyers league, one NHL one. I wouldn't mind commishing the NHL one. Might even be able to get the mods to open us up a SubForum for the NHL league. That way we could keep track of things like trade block and rules and what not.

I was literally going to post this today if you hadn't beaten me to it.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 08-26-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    First come, first serve type of thing for picking teams?

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MacManus View Post

I'd be great with that second option. One Flyers league, one NHL one. I wouldn't mind commishing the NHL one. Might even be able to get the mods to open us up a SubForum for the NHL league. That way we could keep track of things like trade block and rules and what not.

I was literally going to post this today if you hadn't beaten me to it.
    I like that a lot. Let's do it.

As for the Flyers one, I say we set a deadline for sign ups, then figure out who wants to be a GM and who wants to join as a player (if I interpreted the new mode right I think you have the option), then do a sort of draft for teams after that deadline. Alternatively, we could keep track of who signed up for the league first and let them pick teams in that order (going back to the first three from the off topic thread).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    First come, first serve type of thing for picking teams?
    just a side note, what team would someone pick over the Oilers? For GM mode, they are about as good as it gets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    just a side note, what team would someone pick over the Oilers? For GM mode, they are about as good as it gets.
    They are but they're kind of boring.

I think I want to take a more middling team in the game. With a few stars, but that it takes a little work with.

And to MacManus....I think for the NHL Forum one shortening the league season is the way to go. I think 41 games is a bit easier to complete and easier to keep people interested in. The way you kill these leagues is inactivity. 41 games means a lot shorter of a turn around for teams who blow.
    #WhyNot?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast