Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Me too. I've been to my fair share of psychologists and psychiatrists for depression and anxiety issues.

I was planning on changing my Major to Psychology because it's so interesting to learn but I ended up choosing not to after all.

First just try to ID the trigger. Sometimes they happen subconsciously so you don't realize it. But if you write down everything you remember seeing, smelling, feeling, hearing and thinking at the moment of each attack over a long period of time, you might be able to identify the constant in each attack.
    Last edited by BigGuy951; 11-09-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    It's been a long time since I've had a REALLY bad attack. Like where I have to rush to take my "happy pills" lol My daily pill works pretty well. In fact, I haven't taken my daily meds in forever and things seem fine. The episode last night went away after I put on some soothing music and a cold compress to the back of my neck.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    That's good to hear I want happy pills :cry: haha.

I always listen to music when I get anxiety attacks. Music is one of my many passions. I couldn't live without it!

vCash
    Understand ,the medication isnt to address the issue.
    The meds, help with any imbalance in brain chemistry that can make the issues MORE PRONOUNCED. but the anxiety is more a behaviour then it is an illness.

You dont need a therapist.Study the principals of Cognitive therapy.
    We have a basic inclination to be pessismistic/optimistic.

Disappointments, hurt feelings,traumic events...tend to create a overflow to the pessimistic side. We may feel that its no big deal ,but negative thoughts have POWER.
    When your car breaks down and you think
    "why did this have to happen to me"
    Or "just my luck"
    or "I knew something likes this would happen"
    or any variation of the same theme, you are conditioning yourself to expect bad things to happen even though the REALITY is these things happen quite infrequently if you really think about it.
    when you are expecting bad things to happen, your body automatically is in "defense" mode awaiting the next crisis that life has connspired against you perpetrate(that is the condition, not reality)
    You cant stay in a state of Hyper Vigilance,some of the consequences can be that thos erandom attacks are your body saying,thats as long as I can do this so HERE IT IS, lets get it overwith(so i can start buildind it up again).
    You dont have to be aware of your inclination for it to be at work.
    If you get burned by a falem in childhood the association is never lost Fire=Hot= bad
    But fire isnt bad, the expeirence was.
    Past Relationships especially have a crippling effect on our psyche.

Cognitive therapy simple is a constant daily effort to be mindful of what you are thinking and saying to yourself.

If you miss a yellow light and think "oh great" there is a price to pay for that thought.
    Your heartrate goes up, and immediately the mind will start automatically asssociating this negative experience with past negative experiences...light a seriies of lights on a christmas tree..one after the other.the accumulation of all these "little" thoughts is like drops in a bucket. they fill up and then express themselves in bad ways.
    this is just a brief explanation and only one methodology.calming excercises 9as it appears youve learned on your own) and reframing thoughts are others, but the point is by combining all the techniques you can undo the behaviours and thoughts that have inhibited you from enjoying life to the FULLEST.

vCash
    Good stuff StephKyle, i have OCD but haven't gone to any therapist but will definitely take your advice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    I hardly do lol

So what do all y'all look like??? Post a pic of yourselves

Curious minds are curious
    Me and my wife we just got married in April

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8...3558933076.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9...9231993174.jpg
    Last edited by popo85; 11-09-2012 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    Congrats on the marriage, Popo!

vCash
    My best friend has some insane OCD

vCash
    Thanks BG!
    having ocd sucks lol

vCash
    No problem!

I bet haha. I don't think I have OCD, really, but little things that are out of order bother me. I can only imagine what full-blown OCD feels like. It's fun messing with my best friend though lol. Every time we go out to a restaurant, I mess with all the wrapped silverware So cruel. It kills her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Thanks BG!
    having ocd sucks lol
    the most important thing buddy, is to not allow yourself to feel victimized by the disorder.Victims give up,they surrender to the idea that they are powerless.

this is one reason I personally have an issue with some of the concepts involved in AA, but thats a different story.

Even OCD can be greatly mitigated.Often rituals are triggered by stress.
    stress is a result of being unaware or prepared for situations.
    make sure you are being supportive of yourself,we are often so judgemental,and our own worst critics, and be mindful of your feelings, if something makes you on edge , you dont need to justify how you feel, all you have to do is acknowledge it.people who care about you will understand.

Godbless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85:24256437
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    I hardly do lol

So what do all y'all look like??? Post a pic of yourselves

Curious minds are curious
    Me and my wife we just got married in April

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8...3558933076.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9...9231993174.jpg
    Awwww congrats!!! That's awesome!
    Don't like me?

vCash
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I'VE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD IN MY LIFE!!! Real Tears..... Real... ****ing... tears...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGH5nV_P1Gs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Don't like me?

vCash
    That made my night a little better!

vCash
    16,000'th post. This one goes out to myself, for having a ****** *** day. Yayy

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast