Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Archery, modern firearm or muzzle loader?

In WA state you have to do one or the other, this season I was drawn for the high country shoot, only accessible by horseback. I have the trusted .270 sighted in and ready, can't wait.
    270 is a great all around caliber. I shoot archery for deer, early season quail grouse and some pheasant, 44 mag for bear, shotgunning rest of time for birds including Turkey. Good luck on your hunt, sounds like a grand adventure Snake!

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    Mana Silva was cut by the Cowgirls today, I liked him out of college..cant do much worse then Mitchell has been....

vCash
    Can we get some kind of 'draft' or 'draft prospects...' thread going...?

vCash
    Brett Hundley had another monster game for UCLA.(almost three hundred yards, 2 passing,2 rushing TDs)
    The Jim Mora led Bruins ,with this 19 year old red shirt Freshman are leading the country
    In Offense,and he has silently climbed QB rankings and is 7th in the country in yardage before the end of this weekends games.Cant wait to see what this kid does next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Brett Hundley had another monster game for UCLA.(almost three hundred yards, 2 passing,2 rushing TDs)
    The Jim Mora led Bruins ,with this 19 year old red shirt Freshman are leading the country
    In Offense,and he has silently climbed QB rankings and is 7th in the country in yardage before the end of this weekends games.Cant wait to see what this kid does next.
    I'm starting to think you're a UCLA fan, lol. I'll have to check out this Hundley guy.

A word of caution, though... after watching a college QB for three years, I was convinced I was seeing the next 'great' QB in the NFL.

I watched this QB pull off miracle comebacks; I saw him have games where he would throw the football 20+ yards consistently and still end completing 70% of his passes; I saw him make some of the most impressive throws any QB has ever made; I saw this QB grow from an athlete with an arm to, IMO, an NFL ready QB, complete with audibles at the line, pass protection adjustments and a firm grasp of his offense.

That QB? JaMarcus Russell from LSU. You just never know how they'll pan out in the NFL.

Either way, I watched some really amazing QB performances yesterday. Stephen Morris and Mike Glennon (Mia vs NCST) put on a show - tons of accurate, downfield passing. I knew a little bit about Glennon, and he was able to make NFL throws. Morris, however, has an absolute MONSTER arm - he can throw that thing 40+ yards with zip.

Geno Smith put on an epic display. I've actually liked Geno Smith since he threw for 450 against LSU - I always value a QB who can succeed against superior competetion with an inferior supporting cast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I'm starting to think you're a UCLA fan, lol. I'll have to check out this Hundley guy.

A word of caution, though... after watching a college QB for three years, I was convinced I was seeing the next 'great' QB in the NFL.

I watched this QB pull off miracle comebacks; I saw him have games where he would throw the football 20+ yards consistently and still end completing 70% of his passes; I saw him make some of the most impressive throws any QB has ever made; I saw this QB grow from an athlete with an arm to, IMO, an NFL ready QB, complete with audibles at the line, pass protection adjustments and a firm grasp of his offense.

That QB? JaMarcus Russell from LSU. You just never know how they'll pan out in the NFL.

Either way, I watched some really amazing QB performances yesterday. Stephen Morris and Mike Glennon (Mia vs NCST) put on a show - tons of accurate, downfield passing. I knew a little bit about Glennon, and he was able to make NFL throws. Morris, however, has an absolute MONSTER arm - he can throw that thing 40+ yards with zip.

Geno Smith put on an epic display. I've actually liked Geno Smith since he threw for 450 against LSU - I always value a QB who can succeed against superior competetion with an inferior supporting cast.
    I follow the local schools because Its easy and I can go to their games .
    As popular as they both are your not gonna sell out the Rosebowl or the colliseum too often(LOL).I support all the schools though,Those kids are studying,and working and practicing so hard everyday, I find it misguided when people say this school sux or that school cheats,I realize its in fun but I think they would be better served remembering WHO they are talking about and the amount of time and effort these young people are putting into this.

Watching Hundley isnt going to catch your eye the way the guys your talking about do.It is like a a drip of water carving stone.He is poised beyond his years ,he never panics.He slides around the pocket like hes strolling through the park and even when pressure gets to him, he never compounds the problem by making a poor throw(3 ints on the year) or running bacvkwards.

He takes what the defense gives him and is very acurate.He hasnt shown what kind of arm he has,the offense is a WC style short passing, but hes doing this with really no WRs to speak of. He has 5 starts @ the college level and is 4-1,the offense leads the nation,and his numbers are impressive.

I dont know if he has the skill set for the pros,but it will be fun watching his development.

vCash
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...7mbtXRSLAJFhTw

This is Bretts first college snap.
    he doesnt look to Run,I think that was a warning shot to the Pac-12.He has stayed in the pocket for the most part since.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://a...uqs7hq3BWpC49A

Heres a good article on him.
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 09-30-2012 at 11:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...7mbtXRSLAJFhTw

This is Bretts first college snap.
    he doesnt look to Run,I think that was a warning shot to the Pac-12.He has stayed in the pocket for the most part since.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://a...uqs7hq3BWpC49A

Heres a good article on him.
    Good read. I'll definitely keep an eye on him.

Strange to think Jim Mora Jr. is getting better results then Rick Neuheisel. Did not see that coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Archery, modern firearm or muzzle loader?

In WA state you have to do one or the other, this season I was drawn for the high country shoot, only accessible by horseback. I have the trusted .270 sighted in and ready, can't wait.
    The right hand headlight panel of my Freightliner appeared to be enough Thursday night about forty miles north of Madras, Oregon.

Cop asks me Friday morning if I realize that my lights are missing and I tell him about the sidebox full of venison. He wants to know if I want to tell that story to his brother-in-law the game warden.

I politely declined and took my ticket.....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    Who's not a UCLA fan !!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Who's not a UCLA fan !!!!
    This guy
    Last edited by LASportsFan1996; 10-01-2012 at 03:36 AM.

vCash
    Hahaha

vCash
    Sorry...got to go with my Alma matter despite the fact that they were just pummeled by Oregon.

WSU Cougars

vCash
    pac-12 schools consistently get overlooked.from top to bottom it is one of the top 2 or 3 most competeitive confrences.

vCash
    question for you west coast guys.

what area/areas in northern california or southern oregon have year round low humidity?

and temperatures for the most part remain between 50-80 degrees?

thanks

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast