Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hahaha BG's Rant...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    You ever get out to McChord?

Lots of C-17's where I live, they fly out from McChord and practice touch and go's at the local airport (Grant Co International) then do their practice drops out in the desert. See them a lot when I am out and about, the C-17 is an impressive aircraft.

No sir, never did.My first aircraft was c-130s,and if I recall they had a squadron of 130s out at McChord.when I was stationed In little rock,I was trying to get closer to CA and McChord was the closest I think I could find(back in 1990!) Weather birds if Im not mistaken.For anyone that doesnt Know a C-130 is that plane that they call a flying pig because of the snout like appearance of the nose,it is a turbo-prop aircraft with 4 big Propellers.most action movies that you see from James bond to you name it uses them for action sequences because they are relatively inexpensive at this point.The original C-130 a models are from the early 1950s.Since then they have been modified for every possible mission you couild imagine,I worked on Hurricane Hunters in Biloxi Ms. I also Crewed ABCCC (airborne battlefield command control centers)that circle a warzone and relay troop movements and coordinants to ground forces with pinpoint accuracy.They have rescue 130s, navy 130s,AC-130s which have a mounted 105mm cannon.When we invaded panama,I was with the ABCCC and heard a radio exchange where the Army Infantry Guys where being informed of an Inbound flight of A-10s,to light up an area we had identified and the commanding Officer was trying to recall them in favor of an AC.If youve never seen a 130 gunship lighting up a ground target from low altitude You tube it.Its hectic to say the least.
    C-17s are incredible aircraft,I also crewed Black Hawks out of Los Alamitos Army Airfield which for refernce Snake is close to the HUGE Seal Beach Naval weapons yards.But Im most fond and impressed with the Hercules.Theyve planned to retire the fleet for 30 years but no design they can come up with including the 17 can match the versatility of the 130.There isnt a single airframe from the 50s still being manufactured today except the 130.you can land it anywhere,and damn near bring it down in a belly flop and walk away.
    When you hear people say they dont build them like they used to that piece of equipment is the embodiment of that claim.
    Last edited by stephkyle7; 09-21-2012 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    No sir, never did.My first aircraft was c-130s,and if I recall they had a squadron of 130s out at McChord.when I was stationed In little rock,I was trying to get closer to CA and McChord was the closest I think I could find(back in 1990!) Weather birds if Im not mistaken.For anyone that doesnt Know a C-130 is that plane that they call a flying pig because of the snout like appearance of the nose,it is a turbo-prop aircraft with 4 big Propellers.most action movies that you see from James bond to you name it uses them for action sequences because they are relatively inexpensive at this point.The original C-130 a models are from the early 1950s.Since then they have been modified for every possible mission you couild imagine,I worked on Hurricane Hunters in Biloxi Ms. I also Crewed ABCCC (airborne battlefield command control centers)that circle a warzone and relay troop movements and coordinants to ground forces with pinpoint accuracy.They have rescue 130s, navy 130s,AC-130s which have a mounted 105mm cannon.When we invaded panama,I was with the ABCCC and heard a radio exchange where the Army Infantry Guys where being informed of an Inbound flight of A-10s,to light up an area we had identified and the commanding Officer was trying to recall them in favor of an AC.If youve never seen a 130 gunship lighting up a ground target from low altitude You tube it.Its hectic to say the least.
    C-17s are incredible aircraft,I also crewed Black Hawks out of Los Alamitos Army Airfield which for refernce Snake is close to the HUGE Seal Beach Naval weapons yards.But Im most fond and impressed with the Hercules.Theyve planned to retire the fleet for 30 years but no design they can come up with including the 17 can match the versatility of the 130.There isnt a single airframe from the 50s still being manufactured today except the 130.you can land it anywhere,and damn near bring it down in a belly flop and walk away.
    When you hear people say they dont build them like they used to that piece of equipment is the embodiment of that claim.

I took a few hops in a C-130, great aircraft. If I remember correctly the C-17 combines the payload capacity of a C-141 with the STOL and ruggedness of a C-130, or at least that was the purpose behind the design. Some aircraft are venerable, the C-130 is one of them.

vCash
    Yeah, the 17 is THE airlifter of the future currently,but despite the intentions of replacing the 130 fleet,they found it couldnt take the beating a 130 can.there like old VW beetles,there almost indestructible!

vCash
    Llullz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I wish we could all get together and watch a game . That'd be bad ***

Snake and Stehpkyle would be beating the **** out of each other half the time
    Mberr would be trying to force Raiderkid to accept his fantasy football trades as well as trying to convince me to let him bang my ex/best friend.

Obie would keep shouting "**** the (Whatever team we're playing against)"

Stork would be cranky because his wife wants him back home before the game's over and we would keep arguing about how trading McFadden for a second round would be stupid/good.

Greatness One would order pizza because he seems to love pizza.

SD would get a lot of **** for his Man Crush thread.

NC would keep talking **** about Moore and Ford because they're always injured.

Shred would turn out to be a nerdy genius.

Weeman would be forced to buy me some booze because I made him our TM.

It would be interesting to say the least
    That sounds interesting. I could provide the venison for the BBQ and Redneck raider could haul it in on his horse!

vCash
    Bring the jerky!

vCash
    So Im on the lakers forum and I have to back track to get here and in the general discussion forum they have a thread titled "If a gay guy likes you".
    Im like WTF, so I look at the thread expecting some funny your a this and suck my that, and there are people actually discussing the topic? I dont know what they are teaching you kids these days.Cheese and Crackers!

vCash
    they're going mad over there..... Basketball season just needs to start up already

vCash
    heres something that has bugged me since it happened and I dlike to get the nations take on the situation.
    During the pats Undefeated regular season they played the ravens one of their last games. With time running out down by 4 if I remember correctly,they went for a 4th down.They got the play off,a pass that fell incomplete.Game over,right? no. they had false started and got another down.They converted on the next play and won the game.Heres my bone,The play got off completely, there were no players hesitating or stopping due to the whistle,it was to late.How is it appropriate to reward a team with another attempt when they have commited a penalty.wouldnt it be better On a 4th down to have the official flag the play and let the defense decide whether or not to accept the penalty?The Ravens were obviously affected by having "won" the game.It didnt pass the smell test.Any thoughts?

vCash
    wouldn't mind picking up thomas to help out the LB core if it were possible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    That sounds interesting. I could provide the venison for the BBQ and Redneck raider could haul it in on his horse!
    Archery, modern firearm or muzzle loader?

In WA state you have to do one or the other, this season I was drawn for the high country shoot, only accessible by horseback. I have the trusted .270 sighted in and ready, can't wait.

vCash
    Sheesh this upcoming game all of a sudden is huge.
    I hate when its like this so early in the year! Ulcer time!
    Denver is 1-2, thats good. They lost to two unbeaten team of which there are only three! thats Bad! its on the road.thats Bad!We play well in Denver, thats good!
    its still early,thats good. We gave away a divison game and cant afford to be 1-3 in conference play,thats Bad!I think Im gonna shut it down for the week,I dont want to start number crunching after three damn games ,its looking like a whale of a season with lots of surprises and great plays! We are a lucky lot to have Football on Thursdays, and Mondays and all day Sunday.Very Happy right now!

vCash
    We can win Sunday.

vCash
    denver is overrated. but i have a feeling we can stop their better WR thomas. but again let little eric decker to have 12 catches and like 3 tds. our secondary needs to step it up big time. its the nfl not division 2.

Yall let me slip?!?!

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast