Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Who wins this trade?

First off I think it's way to early to announce a winner in this trade. Unless the Dodgers go on to win the world series and Gonzales and Becket play a key role in doing so it could be quite awhile until we see a winner.

I think in the Red Sox case, they are more likely to become winners in this trade because unless the Dodgers do in fact win the World Series I think it will turn into a bad deal (winning the WS sometime in the next several years).

Honestly, bot the Dodgers and Red Sox could be winners in this trade. Webster and Rubby could become #1 and #2 starters in that rotation 2-3 years from now at a cost controlled contract.

While the Dodgers could end up winning 2 World Series in the next 4-5 years.

So it will be interesting long term to see how this goes. But I think as of right now the Red Sox are more likely to win from this deal simply because anything short of a World Series win sometime in the future will be a failure for the Dodgers.

vCash
    can't tell until 2015-2016

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Brink View Post
    can't tell until 2015-2016

Right unless we have already won a World Series correct?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
    Right unless we have already won a World Series correct?
    Not only that, the guys we traded aren't expected to make an immediate impact but in a 3 year span would be enough time to see how they did in the big leagues

vCash
    I think we are both winners.

Both teams gave up a lot and gained a lot -

We gave up a lot (prospects) and took on a lot ($$). The Red Sox gave up a lot too - A premier 1B, OF and SP.

Yes, CC is injured and Beckett is having an "off" year but all of these players desperately needed a change of scenery. The Sox's clubhouse was ridiculous this season and everyone is under performing.

This is what we need:

A. Gonz - Continue form 280+/25+/85+ and good play at 1B
    Beckett – To pitch like the #2/#3 pitcher he has been .
    Crawford – Continue form 290+/10(hr)/25+(2b)/10+(3b)/40+SB/70 (rbi)

The Red Sox need:

All/most of these prospects to actually make it at the big league level and be productive. Yes, we believe they will be but we don’t know for sure. A few years ago we all KNEW Loney was going to be a phenomenal first baseman….well, not so much.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Who won? The Dodgers were handled in this. Absolutely embarrassing management.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    keep telling yourself this while you guys win 70-75 games next year "but we saved salary"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Brink View Post
    keep telling yourself this while you guys win 70-75 games next year "but we saved salary"
    Furthermore, if the "prospects" don't make it at the big league level....You lose.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Only time will tell.

baseball

vCash
    We did *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    It's good to see you're not bitter about this at all. Look at the bright side, your great, great, great grandkids will get to see a boston world series in another hundred years.

vCash
    The more I think about it, I think it was a great trade for the Dodgers!! I am excited about our new team...
    Last edited by fulltiltdodger; 08-25-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: We won (answer for the thread)

vCash
    kind of a stupid question, there is no way to tell...way to many questions

will webster and rubby amount to much?
    will crawford have a good recovery and return to the player he was in TB?
    will beckett turn it around vs NL west and pitching in a new place?
    will A-Gon continue to be an elite first baseman for at leasr the next 3-4 years?

only thing that is certain is we took on a lot of money and the red sox now have given themselves financial flexibility

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgernation View Post
    kind of a stupid question, there is no way to tell...way to many questions

will webster and rubby amount to much?
    will crawford have a good recovery and return to the player he was in TB?
    will beckett turn it around vs NL west and pitching in a new place?
    will A-Gon continue to be an elite first baseman for at leasr the next 3-4 years?

only thing that is certain is we took on a lot of money and the red sox now have given themselves financial flexibility
    If both teams knew the answers to those questions there would be no need to make this trade in the first place, The whole point of a trade is 1 team is expecting to make an immediate impact while the other team is building for the future. So you expect 1 side of the trade to see immediate results 1-2 years while the other team you will need to give them 3+ years.. this thread would need to be made in 2015 at the earliest..

vCash
    The Dodgers ownership won this. Kemp, Hanley, and now Gonzalez will maximize the new TV contract they get. Its gonna top 3 billion. To top it off I bet the home attendance goes up atleast 7500 a game the rest of the way. The Ghost of McCheap is exorcized. On the field, prospects were given up for 3 All Stars. None of which were cant miss prospects either, and All Stars who had played on a wreck of a team that hated its manager. I cant see this team being done either. I think in the offseason they go full Yankee and go hard after Grienke who is gonna be happy to get out of the AL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast