Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Yeah, but Doan seems like the guy that isn't all about the money.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I want to go on record saying this. If there is a full season lockout, I would probably become opposed to a Doan signing. If we get Doan for 4 years, I think he only has two great years left, and I don't want 1 being wasted on a lockout. That would make the signing kind of irrelevant, because we have a full year to continue development of guys like Kassian, and we can probably find or trade for someone decent next offseason. I want Doan badly, but a lockout might certainly change a lot of things.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I agree, if there's a lockout for the entire season, I can't see how bringing in Doan (at 37 in the fall 2013) will help with production. He would be a great mentor and have that leadership, but it's strange, we talk about the Canucks needing leadership etc, isn't that what the Sedins should be providing? They'll also be a year older, so I'm hoping guys like Kassian and eventually Gaunce and Jensen can step into a top 6 power forward role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    I agree, if there's a lockout for the entire season, I can't see how bringing in Doan (at 37 in the fall 2013) will help with production. He would be a great mentor and have that leadership, but it's strange, we talk about the Canucks needing leadership etc, isn't that what the Sedins should be providing? They'll also be a year older, so I'm hoping guys like Kassian and eventually Gaunce and Jensen can step into a top 6 power forward role.
    Our need for scoring is far greater than our need for leadership. It's hard to lead a bunch of other guys who are incapable of putting the puck in the net no matter how good you are as a motivator/leader.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234