Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Deal for Shea Weber???

Just a thought - won't happen, but I would consider this:

Nashville keeps Weber.

Sabres send Tyler Myers and a forward (Leino, Stafford, Adam?) to Nashville for Weber and a 1st rounder next year.

Nashville cannot afford the upfront money for Weber; Buffalo could. Nashville gets two affordable players that are ready to go now. Buffalo has the players to deal someone AND gets another first rounder next year (which could be relatively high.)

The key question is: Is Weber better than Myers?

vCash
    I was all for not giving up Myers. But, for these last 2 years being rejected by Richards, Parise, Suter, Doan (Maybe), I'm starting to feel desperate and really want to trade Myers *** for Weber to finally have that star piece to finally get other players to come here and really starting the Pegula Era. More pieces have to be involved in a deal. I'm sick of Sabres fans saying "Myers has unlimited potential", "he's Chara, Pronger" blah,blah, BLAH! This is now, and Weber has the appeal to make the Sabres relevant again. I compare Myers-Weber to Dwight Howard-Andrew Bynum (I realize its a different sport). Bynum has great potential, but Howard makes your team a title contender. Myers: same as Bynum. Weber: same as Howard (with other pieces). Bottom line: its TIME to make a franchise changing move (if Weber is not a Flyer) and to finally be competitive and not just be an average team for the next 3 years. Like Nike: JUST DO IT!

Also, I like Myers. But if your the Sabres, you got it GET IT DONE! That's all I'm going to say.
    Last edited by EasternStar; 07-20-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    I'm Jim Morrison's Spirit.
    “I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.”- Jim Morrison
    Gimme Me A Bottle Of Anything And A Glazed Donut.......To GO!
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daleawalker View Post
    Just a thought - won't happen, but I would consider this:

Nashville keeps Weber.

Sabres send Tyler Myers and a forward (Leino, Stafford, Adam?) to Nashville for Weber and a 1st rounder next year.

Nashville cannot afford the upfront money for Weber; Buffalo could. Nashville gets two affordable players that are ready to go now. Buffalo has the players to deal someone AND gets another first rounder next year (which could be relatively high.)

The key question is: Is Weber better than Myers?
    If there is a deal, I would imagine being this. Sabres: Weber, Kevin Klein, Colin Wilson. Preds: Myers, Ennis, Armia, Leopold, Pardy (contract for Free Agency) 2 1st in 2013 and 2014, and a 2nd in 2013.
    “I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.”- Jim Morrison
    Bills,Browns,Nets,Sabres,Yankees,Indians,Pirates,USC Trojans,Syracuse Orange,Jeff Gordon Fan

vCash
    No.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    No.
    The Sabres has no market appeal whatsoever. This team needs change, whether its the middle or the end of next season. As for Myers, I wouldn't trade him right now. But, if it's the only way to get that star player to make your team a FA landing spot, then I'm all for it. Now that Weber is staying in Nashville for a year, I could see a trade happening with the Sabres if the organization have the grapes to trade their assets. As of right now, there not because their F*$%ing caretakers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternStar View Post
    The Sabres has no market appeal whatsoever.
    You don't get to make things up.

The Buffalo Sabres have surpassed the franchise record for average paid attendance per game this season, topping the previous record by more than 450 tickets per game.

The Sabres sold 18,687 tickets per game this season, topping the previous team record of 18,272 per game, set in 2009-10. The team sold out 39 of their 40 home games at First Niagara Center this season. The only non-sellout of the season was the Nov. 2 game against the Philadelphia Flyers, which was only 391 tickets shy of a sellout. Since Terry Pegula purchased the team on Feb. 22, 2011, the Sabres have sold out 51 of 52 regular season games and each of their three playoff games.

“Even though Buffalo is the smallest U.S. market in the NHL, the volume of ticket sales this season further demonstrates that the Sabres have a big following,” said Buffalo Sabres President Ted Black. “Passionate fans are a pillar of any great sports franchise and we’re thankful that we have such a tremendous fan base here in the Niagara region. Their enthusiasm this season has been exceptional and we’re continually blown away by their dedication.”

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=625687

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    You don't get to make things up.

The Buffalo Sabres have surpassed the franchise record for average paid attendance per game this season, topping the previous record by more than 450 tickets per game.

The Sabres sold 18,687 tickets per game this season, topping the previous team record of 18,272 per game, set in 2009-10. The team sold out 39 of their 40 home games at First Niagara Center this season. The only non-sellout of the season was the Nov. 2 game against the Philadelphia Flyers, which was only 391 tickets shy of a sellout. Since Terry Pegula purchased the team on Feb. 22, 2011, the Sabres have sold out 51 of 52 regular season games and each of their three playoff games.

“Even though Buffalo is the smallest U.S. market in the NHL, the volume of ticket sales this season further demonstrates that the Sabres have a big following,” said Buffalo Sabres President Ted Black. “Passionate fans are a pillar of any great sports franchise and we’re thankful that we have such a tremendous fan base here in the Niagara region. Their enthusiasm this season has been exceptional and we’re continually blown away by their dedication.”

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=625687
    It's not all about ticket sales to determine market size. It's great that we nearly sold out of every game this last season but it is the amount of people outside your city that roots for the team as well that factors in your market size. Outside of buffalo and the people that moved from buffalo nobody even knows of them really. Having a large market is also the amount of people watching from outside western ny, as well as team merchandise sales outside the area