48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bumgarner

31 64.58%
  • Sale

17 35.42%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Bumgarner vs Sale

I know there was already a Bumgarner/Moore thread that seemed pretty lopsided ATM. I feel this is a better comparison to have at the moment since both are extremely young and already incredibly successful. Who would you rather have going forward?

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Sale is a big of a risk but has a huge upside, I'd take the sure thing though with Bum.

vCash
    Sale might be more of an injury risk, but guy is nasty.

vCash
    Close but Sale.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Bumgarner has the much better resume as he's pitched almost 500 innings. Sale has a little bit better k/9 rate but Bumgarner has better control. Bumgarner also seems more durable.

I'd take Bumgarner.

vCash
    Yeah, right now I'd take Bum because of his track record. He pitched great in the post season too! Sale looks like he has better strikeout stuff tho.

vCash
    If Sale repeats this next year and he stays healthy you take him, since his numbers are just better. Health is the big question with him.

vCash
    Sale for sure. He pitches in the AL and does it extremely well even in a pretty hitting friendly ballpark. AT&T park is spacious, and the NL is not as potent offensively.

vCash
    sale
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Who's Older?

I'll take the guy that's 2-0 with a 0.00 ERA going 15 IP against the powerful Rangers & Tigers lineups in the world series...

Bumgarner is probably, no, scratch that, he IS the BEST young pitcher in the game under 24 years of age.

BEST.

BOOK IT.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    MadBum.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    LMAO at "track record" and "did it in the playoffs."

A couple of games mean very little in judging a player. This is a game of huge sample sizes and long-term success. A couple of games in the playoffs is nice, and it's an accomplishment, but it says nothing as to who is better.

Long-term the answer is obvious. If he's healthy, it is Sale hands down. He just has much better stuff, probably the best lefty stuff in baseball along with Kershaw. He also has extremely good command.

So far he's been healthy, but health will be the concern. As a pitcher, though, as great as Bum is, Sale is the best young lefty in the game.

vCash
    Good comparison. I'd have to go with Sale though

vCash
    Mad Bum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    LMAO at "track record" and "did it in the playoffs."

A couple of games mean very little in judging a player. This is a game of huge sample sizes and long-term success. A couple of games in the playoffs is nice, and it's an accomplishment, but it says nothing as to who is better.

Long-term the answer is obvious. If he's healthy, it is Sale hands down. He just has much better stuff, probably the best lefty stuff in baseball along with Kershaw. He also has extremely good command.

So far he's been healthy, but health will be the concern. As a pitcher, though, as great as Bum is, Sale is the best young lefty in the game.
    This sounds hypocritical. You say correct judgment involves long term success and that Sale is the obvious choice if healthy, yet Bumgarner has had more long term success.

Sale may have had a better year, but this is his first year starting. Bumgarner was better than Sale his first year in the league and has been proven durable especially through the playoffs something Sale has yet to prove.

Both of these guys are very good and very young. I don't think anyone can say definitively who'll be better but I'd rather have the guy who's more proven. Sale hasn't even had a 200 inning yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast