Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    vCash
    I liked this season. Not much, but I did like it. To me there were too many different storylines and the whole aliens thing just seemed out of place. I would chalk it up to a "sophomore slump" and am still invested in the series. Can't wait to see what they come up with next season and if some of the new additions for this season will be joining next season's cast as well. Any news on the cast? I would think Jessica Lange is a certainty as would be Evan Peters...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I do not think there was a point to this whole season, it was just a mish mash of things that are suppossed to be scary thrown into a show.

Alien abduction, possession, serial killers, Nazi Doctor doing experiments, Angel of Death, deformed monsters, crazy people and so on.

Season one was so much better, this season blew.
    I liked this season a lot actually. The finale wasn't great, but it was a satisfying wrap-up at least. There doesn't have to be a "point" too it. It's what the title suggests it is, a story. That's why I like the "different story every season" approach. I thought it was stupid at first, but it actually works pretty well imo. No worries about things dragging out too far, "where are they gonna go with this next", etc. Keeps things fresh. Just tell a good story and move on to the next one.

I think that's why I liked this season a little more than the first. The first time around the expectation was that it was going to be a continuous story, so certain things didn't seem to fit right and the pacing seemed all messed up. This time around you knew it was going to be it's own story that was going to be wrapped up in one season so the perception was different and I was able to just enjoy it without thinking too much into it. The one contradiction to that was the whole alien thing. That's the kind of thing you put in if you're stretching the story out over multiple seasons. In this format it turned out to just be a plot device with no real purpose or reason. I didn't care too much for that, but it didn't ruin the story for me in the end.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    I liked this season a lot actually. The finale wasn't great, but it was a satisfying wrap-up at least. There doesn't have to be a "point" too it. It's what the title suggests it is, a story. That's why I like the "different story every season" approach. I thought it was stupid at first, but it actually works pretty well imo. No worries about things dragging out too far, "where are they gonna go with this next", etc. Keeps things fresh. Just tell a good story and move on to the next one.

I think that's why I liked this season a little more than the first. The first time around the expectation was that it was going to be a continuous story, so certain things didn't seem to fit right and the pacing seemed all messed up. This time around you knew it was going to be it's own story that was going to be wrapped up in one season so the perception was different and I was able to just enjoy it without thinking too much into it. The one contradiction to that was the whole alien thing. That's the kind of thing you put in if you're stretching the story out over multiple seasons. In this format it turned out to just be a plot device with no real purpose or reason. I didn't care too much for that, but it didn't ruin the story for me in the end.
    I like the fact that the seasons had nothing to do with each other, am cool with being different every year, but this season was a lot of crap thrown at you that seem to have no purpose or at least it was a jumble mess.

This season lost me by the half way point, by the finale I was just watching ***** and giggles.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617