Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Taylor Hall Signs Extension

Hall and the Oilers agreed to a 7 year $42 mil contract.

So, if this has any influence on getting a new deal for Seguin, it could really suck for us.

vCash

Taylor Hall Signs Extension

I threw up in my mouth when I heard this on 98.5. Gonna be real tough resigning Lucic, rask, ference, marchmont, Horton and Seguin next year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOdinsRaven View Post
    I threw up in my mouth when I heard this on 98.5. Gonna be real tough resigning Lucic, rask, ference, marchmont, Horton and Seguin next year...
    and Rask....

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    I wouldn't worry about it. I have full confidence in Peter Chiarelli and his capabilties in getting these guys resigned.

Seguin is going to get his money, especially if he outdoes his last season. We can dread it and draw comparables til our heads spin but the reality is simple; Seguin is going to be the highest paid Bruins forward at season's end. What that sum of money is, is something we can only speculate.

Did anyone exect to get Seguin for less than the deals being signed recently? I admittedly wouldn't have gone that high for Hall and perhaps would have taken about 10% off of Skinners. Both of those contracts are paying for potential. Seguin has a chance to become the best forward on the Bruins next season (Bergeron is IMO, but as far as scoring and general skill level is concerned, for all intents and purposes it is Seguin) and will likely get paid as such.

Marchand isn't worth a dime over $4 million and even that is pushing it. I think Peverley is a fair comparison production wise (though I believe Peverley to be much better than Marchand). I think they can get Brad at $3.5-3.75.

Lucic and Horton have a lot to prove this season and it will obviously impact their next deal. I myself believe them to be worth $4.5-5 million per year based on a healthy and productive season.

Rask will likely get a nice raise. He is in the same boat as Lucic and Horton, if he plays well the dollars go up. He is looking at $4.5-5 million per based on a great season. His next contract will also be 5+ years.

Ference is a big piece of this team especially so as of late. However, his salary now is just right. I can see him getting a slight bump from the $2.25 he makes now to $2.5. Ference is a team guy, I don't think he will be looking for the moon. His deal will be both fair to him and good for the team.

I am not worried at all. Obviously things could change for a variety of reasons and these players could make more or less. The Bruins have the money to sign these guys, it shouldn't be an issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. I have full confidence in Peter Chiarelli and his capabilties in getting these guys resigned.

Seguin is going to get his money, especially if he outdoes his last season. We can dread it and draw comparables til our heads spin but the reality is simple; Seguin is going to be the highest paid Bruins forward at season's end. What that sum of money is, is something we can only speculate.

Did anyone exect to get Seguin for less than the deals being signed recently? I admittedly wouldn't have gone that high for Hall and perhaps would have taken about 10% off of Skinners. Both of those contracts are paying for potential. Seguin has a chance to become the best forward on the Bruins next season (Bergeron is IMO, but as far as scoring and general skill level is concerned, for all intents and purposes it is Seguin) and will likely get paid as such.

Marchand isn't worth a dime over $4 million and even that is pushing it. I think Peverley is a fair comparison production wise (though I believe Peverley to be much better than Marchand). I think they can get Brad at $3.5-3.75.

Lucic and Horton have a lot to prove this season and it will obviously impact their next deal. I myself believe them to be worth $4.5-5 million per year based on a healthy and productive season.

Rask will likely get a nice raise. He is in the same boat as Lucic and Horton, if he plays well the dollars go up. He is looking at $4.5-5 million per based on a great season. His next contract will also be 5+ years.

Ference is a big piece of this team especially so as of late. However, his salary now is just right. I can see him getting a slight bump from the $2.25 he makes now to $2.5. Ference is a team guy, I don't think he will be looking for the moon. His deal will be both fair to him and good for the team.

I am not worried at all. Obviously things could change for a variety of reasons and these players could make more or less. The Bruins have the money to sign these guys, it shouldn't be an issue.

Can you explain how Peverley is better than Marchand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Yeah I was wondering that too.

This Hall deal does suck, though. I was hoping Seguin would get a Skinner deal (6 years, $34.5 million), but now he'll want Hall money probably. Here is who we need to sign this offseason, in order of importance:

1. Seguin
    2. Rask
    3. Marchand
    4. Lucic
    5. Horton
    6. Ference

I could do without Horton and Ference (even though I like them) but I definitely want the top 4 back.

vCash
    I'm not so sure. We're not sure what the salary cap maybe next season (could go up, could go down). At the current cap they'd have roughly $23 million in cap space.

Seguin - $5.5 million
    Marchand - $4 million
    Lucic - $5.25 million
    Horton - $5 million
    Rask - $5 million

Just these 5 are around $24 million. Then you need to re-sign a backup goalie and resign Andrew Ference. Everyone is also forgetting that Caron is an RFA after next season and he'll need to be traded or re-signed.

If he takes the next step he'll probably be the 2nd highest paid player on the team (only behind Chara).

I think $4 million is somewhat fair. If he nets 30 goals this season though, he could easily ask for $5 million a season. As far as Peverley being a better player, I'll say as an all-around player yes.

Lucic will easily get over $4.5 million. If he nets 30 goals and puts up 60+ points again, he'll be looking at Krejci money ($5.25-$5.5).

Horton needs to shows he's healthy. I don't expect much from him this season. Maybe you get him to sign a 1 year deal (or extension) for the same money and give him a NTC

About what I was thinking. If he plays out of his mind he may want 5+ million a year.

I think Ference will be looking for that final deal of his NHL career. he's currently 33 years old and looking for job security. Wouldn't be shocked to see him ask 3-4 years at $3-$3.25 per.

see first part of post

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    bye bye krejci

well actually Horton might not be back, it all depends on his health, we will have over 29 million in space...with roll backs who really knows

thank god owners want to cap lengths and salaries.....does bettman even talk to the owners? Because what he wants and what they do are two completely different things
    Last edited by 2bleedB&G; 08-22-2012 at 09:40 PM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=OneManIsNoMan;23407902]
    I'm not so sure. We're not sure what the salary cap maybe next season (could go up, could go down). At the current cap they'd have roughly $23 million in cap space.

Seguin - $5.5 million
    Marchand - $4 million
    Lucic - $5.25 million
    Horton - $5 million
    Rask - $5 million

Just these 5 are around $24 million. Then you need to re-sign a backup goalie and resign Andrew Ference. Everyone is also forgetting that Caron is an RFA after next season and he'll need to be traded or re-signed.
    You need to add Savard's LTIR to that. They will have $27 million based on the current cap figure. They will have enough to get it done but I do agree on whether or not the cap dropping or increasing.

If he takes the next step he'll probably be the 2nd highest paid player on the team (only behind Chara).
    My thoughts exactly, IMO no one should be paid more than Chara on the Bruins.

I think $4 million is somewhat fair. If he nets 30 goals this season though, he could easily ask for $5 million a season. As far as Peverley being a better player, I'll say as an all-around player yes.
    Marchand really isn't as incredible as his popularity in Boston suggests. Yes he can score goals and play a solid two way game. A lot of that has to do with Bergeron too. Marchand can also be a tremendous handicap at times. He is a double edged sword.

Lucic will easily get over $4.5 million. If he nets 30 goals and puts up 60+ points again, he'll be looking at Krejci money ($5.25-$5.5).
    I may have underestimated Lucic's potential earnings here. Having said that, I want him to become a much better player if he is going to get Krejci and Bergeron money. He has IMO leveled out, but I could be wrong. He is still young after all.

Horton needs to shows he's healthy. I don't expect much from him this season. Maybe you get him to sign a 1 year deal (or extension) for the same money and give him a NTC
    I actually think he will come back stronger than we are expecting but who knows. Part of me thinks it will be him on the outs as opposed to Krejci.

I think Ference will be looking for that final deal of his NHL career. he's currently 33 years old and looking for job security. Wouldn't be shocked to see him ask 3-4 years at $3-$3.25 per.
    I disagree here but our opinions will only be validated once he re-signs. I personally wouldn't pay him Boychuk money but he is is thought of highly by the team, management and the front office so who knows? I stand by my $2.5 per opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Peverley is more important to the structure of the team and the balance of the offense. Obviously Marchand scores goals and has that agitating ability but to me Peverley is the better all around player.

He has a better defensive and two way skill set than Marchand. He has a much more creative offensive skill set too. Marchand has the leg up in the goal scoring category but Peverley's hockey IQ is incredibly high.

Peverley is also a very able penalty killer. If you look at the Bruins TOI in the PK category you will see that Marchand has more short handed minutes than Peverley by 10 minutes. However, his 10 minutes were gotten in the 19 more games he played over Peverely.

Marchand also only has 8 more minutes of powerplay time total in that span over Peverley.

Basically Peverely is used in every single occasion on the ice, the only other forward who plays as much special teams play as Peverley is Patrice Bergeron.

I like Marchand, don't get me wrong but if I am given the choice of the two, I am taking Peverley every time.

He is the most versatile forward the Bruins have hands down, he can kill penalties, play big minutes in all situations, QB a powerplay, and his offensive skill set is second only to Tyler Seguin and David Krejci.

vCash
    Peverley is more important to the structure of the team and the balance of the offense. Obviously Marchand scores goals and has that agitating ability but to me Peverley is the better all around player.

He has a better defensive and two way skill set than Marchand. He has a much more creative offensive skill set too. Marchand has the leg up in the goal scoring category but Peverley's hockey IQ is incredibly high.

Peverley is also a very able penalty killer. If you look at the Bruins TOI in the PK category you will see that Marchand has more short handed minutes than Peverley by 10 minutes. However, his 10 minutes were gotten in the 19 more games he played over Peverely.

Marchand also only has 8 more minutes of powerplay time total in that span over Peverley.

Basically Peverely is used in every single occasion on the ice, the only other forward who plays as much special teams play as Peverley is Patrice Bergeron.

I like Marchand, don't get me wrong but if I am given the choice of the two, I am taking Peverley every time.

He is the most versatile forward the Bruins have hands down, he can kill penalties, play big minutes in all situations, QB a powerplay, and his offensive skill set is second only to Tyler Seguin and David Krejci.
    Well said, and a lot of good points made i agree that he has better hockey IQ and more two way play but I disagree a little though with your a couple of your last statements. You said Pevs can kill penalties. Marchand also is very capable of killing penalties, he also had 5 SHG on the PK in 2010/2011. I don't think you can use the Big minutes in all situations b/c Marchand is capable of doing that same thing. i wouldn't say he is a PP QB, he isn't a Keith Yandle or Drew Doughty (in terms of PP QB's i know they are both Dman but when on the PP that's what they do) The Bruins lack a PP QB. Pevs is a good number 2 PP line player IMO.

And in terms of offensive skill set only second to Tyler Second and David Krejci, are you taking Point totals out of that and going off what you see in terms of skill with/without the puck b/c i mean i'll agree he's up there at fourth behind Seguin, Krejci, and Bergy. I wouldn't put Pevs that far ahead of Marchy though in terms of skill set, Marshmont can definetly hold his own in skillset, he has really good hands, and can snipe a corner, along with good speed (Pevs is faster) and a good set of moves

vCash
    At the very moment I'd say you are probably looking at Lucic being worth about 5.2M and Marchand around 4.3M... thus about 9.5M to the two. Bruins may have to do something creative (get rid of Boychuck who at the current time is the only severley overpaid Bruin) to fit them in. If Lucic or Marchand leave though, the Bruins will be in even rougher shape because they could both fetch about 1M more than that on the open market. Lucic probably gets 6M easily on the open market, and Marchand 4.5-5 relatively easily.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash

This is basically word for word what was in my head when I saw this thread. Thanks for writing it because it would have taken forever to type on my iPhone.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy