Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2012-2013 Eastern Standings Predictions?

(assuming there's a season) Mine:

1. Rangers
    2. Bruins
    3. Caps
    4. Penguins
    5. Flyers
    6. Senators
    7. Sabres
    8. Hurricanes

I think Panthers are a one-hit wonder, Devils miss Parise more than they think, plus they get hard by age, and the Sabres, Hurricanes and Sens all improve.
    Last edited by BostonSports96; 08-20-2012 at 03:37 PM.

vCash
    Well if there is a season (and there better be or I'm going to lose it), here are my predictions:

1. Rangers
    2. Bruins
    3. Capitals
    4. Flyers
    5. Penguins
    6. Hurricanes
    7. Sabres
    8. Senators or Jets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Well if there is a season (and there better be or I'm going to lose it), here are my predictions:

1. Rangers
    2. Bruins
    3. Capitals
    4. Flyers
    5. Penguins
    6. Hurricanes
    7. Sabres
    8. Senators or Jets
    Mine are the same for the most part.

vCash
    1. Pittsburgh
    2. Carolina
    3. Boston
    4. Philadelphia
    5. New York (R)
    6. Tampa Bay
    7. Washington
    8a. Buffalo
    8b. Florida

Pittsburgh gets the best player in the game back (barring an injuries) and with depth they received in the Staal deal having to be favorites for the #1 Seed. Caronlina's top two lines are as good as anybody in the NHL. The defense is a little "meh" but Cam Ward can steal games with some of the best. I think the Northeast could showcase only one team this season and the B's are the favorite for the division.

When looking at PHI vs. NYR the one thing that stands out in (IMO) the Rangers didn't really improve. They landed Nash but gave up some depth to do it. The Flyers can roll four lines (like the B's) and I fully expect Bryz to have a bounce back year. Tampa Bay nearly made it to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2011 and are just to talented not to make the playoffs. Washington is tough because they get Backstrom back but their defense is injury prone and I'm not impressed by either goalie.

For the #8 seed it's a coin flip. Florida returns a team that won their division while Buffalo added Ott in the off-season. The weakness of Florida is goaltending and that could be the thing that hold them out of the playoffs. If they can swing a deal for a guy like LOLongo I'd probably move them up as high as #6.
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 08-27-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    4GP / 1G / 4A / +5

vCash
    Rangers
    Bruins
    Hurricanes
    Penguins
    Flyers
    Caps
    Sens
    Panthers
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    1.Pittsburgh
    2.Boston
    3.Carolina
    4.Rangers
    5.Flyers
    6.Capitals
    7.Sabres
    8.Jets
    9.Devils
    10.Senators
    11.Panthers
    12.Lightning
    13.Islanders
    14.Canadiens
    15.Maple Laughs

vCash
    I think based on record, teams will finish:

1. Rangers (1)
    2. Penguins (4)
    3. Bruins (2)
    4. Flyers (5)
    5. Senators (6)
    6. Capitals (3)
    7. Sabres (7)
    8. Hurricanes (8)
    9. Devils
    10. Panthers
    11. Lightning
    12. Jets
    13. Canadiens
    14. Maple Leafs
    15. Islanders

vCash
    I'm a homer.

Bruins will win it all.

If ur not first, ur last.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    I think Boston has a good shot at finishing on top of the EC this year as Pit got worse when they lost Staal and it will be difficult for NYR to repeat even though they got Nash.

BOS
    PHI
    CAR
    NYR
    PIT
    WSH
    FLA
    WPG/BUF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    I think Boston has a good shot at finishing on top of the EC this year as Pit got worse when they lost Staal and it will be difficult for NYR to repeat even though they got Nash.

BOS
    PHI
    CAR
    NYR
    PIT
    WSH
    FLA
    WPG/BUF
    How did PIT get worse? They finished 1 point behind the Rangers for #1 seed in the East and the Atlantic Division. They did all this while missing Sidney Crosby for 60 games. While you lose Staal, you gain Crosby who is (when healthy) the best player in the game.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    4GP / 1G / 4A / +5

vCash
    1. Pittsburgh
    2. Boston
    3. Carolina
    4. Flyers
    5. Rangers
    6. Caps
    7. New Jersey
    8. Winnipeg

vCash
    1. New York
    2. Boston
    3. Washington
    4. Pittsburgh
    5. Ottawa
    6. Philadelphia
    7. New Jersey
    8. Carolina

New York and Boston were easy as the top two. The southeast was tough as four of the five teams are good but not great. I have Washington winning the division but not by much.

Pittsburgh and Ottawa are good in their spots. I think Philadelphia will make the playoffs but their defense is pretty lacking right now and it is going to hurt them.

New Jersey lost Parise but it isn't going to effect them to the point where they aren't a playoff team, at least IMO.

I gave the final spot to Carolina because I like the moves they made and I think they are an underrated team. This spot could just as easily go to Tampa Bay, Florida, and Buffalo as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    How did PIT get worse? They finished 1 point behind the Rangers for #1 seed in the East and the Atlantic Division. They did all this while missing Sidney Crosby for 60 games. While you lose Staal, you gain Crosby who is (when healthy) the best player in the game.
    True, but Staal was a very dependable third line center for them and Crosby has not been a very dependable 1st/2nd line center due to his health. Its sad to say but he is probably going to get hurt again this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    True, but Staal was a very dependable third line center for them and Crosby has not been a very dependable 1st/2nd line center due to his health. Its sad to say but he is probably going to get hurt again this year.
    Jordan Staal wasn't exactly healthy the last two seasons. Last year he missed 20 games and the year before that he missed 40. While Sidney could get hurt so could Staal. While Staal is a very dependable third line center, Crosby is an elite center. Look at the two from last year

Staal - 62GP / 25G / 25A/ 50Pts

Crosby - 22GP / 8G / 29A / 37Pts

^In 40 less games Crosby only had 13 less points then Staal

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    4GP / 1G / 4A / +5