Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

NEWS FLASH: Obama NOT Crushing Romney in Swing States

It seems this thread is necessary due to our fuzzy, lovable, obviously partisan moderator(s) refusal to change a thread title that was posted in error months ago. Instead of remedying the title and in spite of growing complaints, the demands were ignored and the misleading title remained. The people have spoken and have risen up against this so-called "democracy" found on PSD Politics. This lie cannot be tolerated any longer!

Lead me to taking to the streets to voice your displeasure and picket the non-action performed by the elected moderators. (Okay, they weren't voted), but maybe they should be!

The ugly truth (to our mods) is that Obama had at no time ever been "crushing" Romney since the polls were in effect showing Romney as the presumed candidate.

Continue discussing this topic knowing that the race indeed is razor thin in all the battleground states and can go either way based on numerous polling data. Thanks and have a great day, citizens of PSD.

vCash
    I suppose it depends on your version of crushing. According the RCP, Obama is crushing Romney in the number of polls that go his way.

In one of the most interesting polls that I see Obama is "crushing" Romney:

Barack Obama to be re-elected President in 2012 57.1% $5.1M
    Mitt Romney to be elected President in 2012 41.6% $4.8M
    Apparently nearly a super majority of those polled feel that Obama deserves to be re-elected and just above 40% feel that Romney deserves to be elected.

The word "crushed" is ultra subjective and unless something is a downright lie, like Obama killed a man, I'm certainly not going to change anything.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I suppose it depends on your version of crushing. According the RCP, Obama is crushing Romney in the number of polls that go his way.

In one of the most interesting polls that I see Obama is "crushing" Romney:

Apparently nearly a super majority of those polled feel that Obama deserves to be re-elected and just above 40% feel that Romney deserves to be elected.

The word "crushed" is ultra subjective and unless something is a downright lie, like Obama killed a man, I'm certainly not going to change anything.
    There you go people, the government has spoken. And with the weakest of justifications. This term of "crushes" approaches the Clinton definition of "is". Now I understand how and why this has been left up there - our moderator is so in the tank for Obama. This might qualify for the flimsiest excuse in PSD history. OMG!!!

For the sake of fairness, can we get an independent moderator? Or at least an offsetting Republican? My goodness, dems just don't believe in fairness. Probably this is a reason why I don't vote for a D very often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    There you go people, the government has spoken. And with the weakest of justifications. This term of "crushes" approaches the Clinton definition of "is". Now I understand how and why this has been left up there - our moderator is so in the tank for Obama. This might qualify for the flimsiest excuse in PSD history. OMG!!!

For the sake of fairness, can we get an independent moderator? Or at least an offsetting Republican? My goodness, dems just don't believe in fairness. Probably this is a reason why I don't vote for a D very often.
    Well that, and you're "independent."

By the way? I think the moderation around here is often ridiculous, but even I'm not crazy enough to call them "the government."
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    a thread title that was posted in error months ago.
    The thread title, which I posted, was the title of the article/update that was cited.

vCash

Every time you say this, I keep imagining BMD and APT wearing Obama 2012 shirts. Sorry but it truly makes me laugh hearing you throw out the same tired narrative as the likes of Sarah Palin and the "lamestream media".

The moderation of this site, right up to Wrigley, is not liberal or in the tank for Obama. Yes, I am an Obama supporter if anyone hasn't picked up on this they haven't been paying attention. But the idea that this entire site is or even strictly the moderation of this forum is asinine.

If you want the moderation of this site that is "in the tank for Obama" to start deciding whether the titles of threads are appropriate, then you are pushing the wrong direction. Wouldn't this "in the tank for Obama" moderation merely make things worse by changing the titles of threads to "I want Obama to win in 2012"? Or is it only bias now? I would like for you to think a bit about that before going off like this and saying foolish things.

vCash
    This thread is hilarious. It seems clear at this point that this election is going to be tight, even in swing states. Sure, there will be polls that show one person pulling away slightly over another and vice versa this early, but until the general polling trends later in the year start indicating a demonstrated general shift, I think we might all agree to some extent that this is a wait and see game right now. No thread on PSD is going to sway election results by posting favorable polls. Everyone here is smarter than that. I'm also not buying into a moderator conspiracy. Its like a PSD truther situation brewing, and I don't see it.

Its funny how in the course of heated discussion, we start allowig ourselves to fall into the pitfalls of believing assinine things like liberals don't love the US as much as conservatives, or somehow conservatives don't love people as much as their counterparts. The vitriol is just starting to wear thin. I miss Den, Cab, Ari, and some of the others who used to really put in some outstanding discussion points that, as a conservative, really made me think- and to some extent, helped me reform my position on some issues based on the informaiton they presented.

I'd like to get back to that.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    This thread is hilarious. It seems clear at this point that this election is going to be tight, even in swing states. Sure, there will be polls that show one person pulling away slightly over another and vice versa this early, but until the general polling trends later in the year start indicating a demonstrated general shift, I think we might all agree to some extent that this is a wait and see game right now. No thread on PSD is going to sway election results by posting favorable polls. Everyone here is smarter than that. I'm also not buying into a moderator conspiracy. Its like a PSD truther situation brewing, and I don't see it.

Its funny how in the course of heated discussion, we start allowig ourselves to fall into the pitfalls of believing assinine things like liberals don't love the US as much as conservatives, or somehow conservatives don't love people as much as their counterparts. The vitriol is just starting to wear thin. I miss Den, Cab, Ari, and some of the others who used to really put in some outstanding discussion points that, as a conservative, really made me think- and to some extent, helped me reform my position on some issues based on the informaiton they presented.

I'd like to get back to that.
    Sorry you are just going to have to deal with me and nate.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    The University of Colorado analysis predicts that Romney will win... so there's that. Been correct the last 8 times.

http://www.examiner.com/article/univ...sidential-race

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Seriously?
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Seriously?
    The cure to sensationalism on one side is, and always will be, sensationalism of equal or greater magnitude.

vCash

vCash
    For ****'s sake at least link a single poll in support of your claim.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...g-state-polls/

OOTP TKO League Milwaukee Brewers 2010-2032:
    2011-1655, .549 Win %
    10 NL Central Titles, 2 Wild Card 12 Total Playoff Appearances
    1 World Series Title (2021)

Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you.

-Malcolm Reynolds

vCash
    AAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    For ****'s sake at least link a single poll in support of your claim.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...g-state-polls/
    That was the one I already posted... apparently he doesn't like it...
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout the TWTW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast