Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Michael Del Zotto

Has anyone heard anything on the MDZ contract front? I haven't heard much of anything, so idk if that means there is a stand still or impasse at this point or what. I do know that we need him back to solidify our D and PP, and I really don't think he is getting moved now that we landed Nash.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUBobcats550 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything on the MDZ contract front? I haven't heard much of anything, so idk if that means there is a stand still or impasse at this point or what. I do know that we need him back to solidify our D and PP, and I really don't think he is getting moved now that we landed Nash.
    He was never getting moved for Nash or anyone that was available really, but there's no contract made but Slats is confident one will get done soon, I don't think there's any concern about whether he signs here, he likes it, the team likes him, a deal will get done.

vCash
    There hasnt been much talk positive or negative about MDZ. I assume that they are working terms and dollars. Sather had to work on the other things first. UFA, Nash, Stralman (because of going to arbitration) and now has MDZ. It should be interesting to see what he gets, a great rookie year, horrible sophmore slump, bounce back 3rd year. Both sides could also be waiting on the new CBA.

Depending how long a player is restricted for could play into this contract. If the current rules apply then Sather will probably be looking to get into a year or two of his UFA under contract. If the restricted years are increased (as Owners want) then Sather would probably want to lock him up until the year before he comes a UFA.

I dont have fear that someone will sign him to an offer sheet. I didn't think he was going in the Nash trade and now that its complete I agree hes not going anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    He was never getting moved for Nash or anyone that was available really, but there's no contract made but Slats is confident one will get done soon, I don't think there's any concern about whether he signs here, he likes it, the team likes him, a deal will get done.
    Didn't I hear something similiar during the Jeremy Lin fiasco?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Didn't I hear something similiar during the Jeremy Lin fiasco?
    No way you can compare the two, big time apples and oranges...

vCash
    I was concerned he was going to be moved this off-season for Nash or Ryan, so I was relieved to hear he wasn't in the package going to Columbus. Isca, good point about Sather's agenda and order of business so far this off-season; there were certainly more pressing needs to be dealt with. Hopefully a deal will get done in the near future.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    MDZ is disrespected by a ton of Rangers fans. They simply can't see the incredible upside. They also quickly forgot what a tremendous regular season he had because he struggled vs. the Devils. He was very good in the other 2 playoff series.

vCash
    I'm sure this has now become a priority for the Rangers, as he becomes the last unsigned player. The Rangers could be waiting to see if they land Doan or not before discussing specific numbers with MDZ to ensure they fit him under the cap - JMHO!

vCash
    That may well be the case as any deal Doan would potentially sign has an effect on cap space. Im guessing that at this point, all the numbers have been discussed regarding Del Zotto. Im thinking that if there was a major issue and there was a wide gap between the two camps, we'd have heard something about it by now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    MDZ is disrespected by a ton of Rangers fans. They simply can't see the incredible upside. They also quickly forgot what a tremendous regular season he had because he struggled vs. the Devils. He was very good in the other 2 playoff series.
    What makes you say that he's being disrespected? Because his name kept popping up in trade talks? So did like 10 other Ranger players.

I don't think he's been disrespected in the least bit. If anything, I feel Ranger fans give him credit that he deserves. After a poor performance in 2010-2011, he had a nice bounce back year and stepped up huge to help fill the void left by the Staal and Sauer injuries. He played more minutes than anticipated, while improving both offensively and defensively.

Though he did struggle in the NJ series, so did a bunch of our guys. But I don't see anyone on here bashing him and doubting his potential..... unless I'm missing something

vCash
    MJL80, Averymustgo is correct. MDZ is the new whipping boy, someone had to take Rozsival's bashing, who took Malik's bashing and so on. Remember when they asked Malik how he feels about being booed him at MSG even though he led the team in plus minus at that time?

Why are they treated that way, when they make a mistake it leads to a solid scoring chance against so its magnified. Going back to the Devils round, first it was hes awful, then its ok cause of the death in his family. Then he goes out there and is battling through it and other peoples mistakes are blamed on him. For instance, Staal pressures on offensive rush, falls down in the corner, 3 on MDZ, they score its MDZ's fault. Then the comments (on twitter dont remember if they were here) well if he cant handle it put someone else in. Forgetting they are already playing with 5 d they want to go with 4 now.

People had alot of expectations of him after his rookie season, then he had a dreaded awful start that spiraled out of control. If MOST fans had a say he would have been traded for bag pucks last summer. This board bashed him, hell never play in the league again, his rookie season was a fluke, all types of nonsense. I know a FEW people defended him with me, citing his age and most players sophmore slumps, his was worst then most.

vCash
    I think DelZotto is gonna be our best Dman some day, he's got all the tools and a willingness to learn. I loved his attitude when he got sent down and that he knew it was the best thing for his development. Great kid with great skill and he's only getting better.

vCash
    What kind of contract you guys think DZ will get? I think they will look to lock him up long term, I'm thinking something along the lines of 4 years 10-11M total.

vCash
    Would any of you here trade him for Subban in a 1 for 1 deal? (Not saying that there is any rumor stating that) I like MDZ, but Subban would bring that shot from the point the Rangers seem to never have. Don't know if I would.

vCash
    No way. I rather have Del Zotto, I hate Subban.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast