• Yes

69 33.17%
  • No

139 66.83%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritz View Post
    Nah, the finals changed my mind
    Man you guys are way too hard on 22 year olds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    The 2004 Pistons proved that you can pretty much build around NOTHING as long as you got the right pieces... I mean... they built that team around Ben Wallace... so yeah... you could build around Harden, but it would be difficult. It's always dificult to build around a SG.
    Exactly. It's not impossible. Look at the Spurs right now, they are contenders with Parker/Ginobili either/or as number one options. I don't think Harden's ceiling would be any worse than those two and they still make it work.

vCash
    You can't build around one player, you need at least three stars these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Sorry. He had a historic season, being the third option on the team, playing against other 2nd stringers and having wide open looks thanks to Durant and Westbrook. Yes, build a team around that guy! Then watch him fall off and start sucking and listen to everyone say he's overrated. Harden on his own would = Monta Ellis or Paul Pierce when he was on his own. That would be the best scenario for Harden is PP. Which is good, don't get me wrong...but they were never really Championship contenders until they surrounded him with 2 other HOFers
    Chronz already pointed out this wasn't the case. His numbers improved when they weren't on the floor.

If it's so easy as a 2nd/3rd option then why did Bosh's effeciency numbers decline once he got to Miami? Why was Kobe more effecient AFTER Shaq left?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    A very good season?

He was HISTORICALLY effecient. It was the 23rd most effecient scoring season in NBA HISTORY. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ct_season.html

Look at few guys that are ahead of him. They are all either big men, sharpshooters, guys that barely averaged double digits, or a combination of them. He's a shooting guard who averaged 17ppg. Look at some of these numbers:

7th in Isolation Offense
    9th in PnR Ball Handler
    28th in Spot-Up
    1st in Off Screen
    1st in Hand-Off
    3rd in Cutting
    87th in Transition

He was effecient in every method of scoring that could be tracked. To assume that he might be regress carrying the scoring load for an inferior team is fair. But even if he drops he's still landing among the stars.
    You forgot first in flops, and he was nominated for best supporting actor at the oscars.

vCash
    As of right now I would say no. He has to show me he can be a #1 option. When he becomes a top-15 player then maybe. He has alot of talent but I dont know if he can ever be on that level that Kobe, Wade and even Brandon Roy were on.

vCash
    I don't see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Chronz already pointed out this wasn't the case. His numbers improved when they weren't on the floor.

If it's so easy as a 2nd/3rd option then why did Bosh's effeciency numbers decline once he got to Miami? Why was Kobe more effecient AFTER Shaq left?
    And the MAIN reason for that is.....because the opposing teams bench is in. Thank you and good night!

And to answer the second part...Going from the number 1 option to the number 3 option HAS to be hard to deal with. While Bosh is doing it, I'm sure he didn't expect it to be like this. That can easily determine that outcome.

As for Kobe, he had it in him the whole time. I mean did Kobe win because of Shaq? Or did Shaq win because of Kobe? Kobe isn't exactly the best comparison here. Don't insinuate Harden could/will be like Kobe...come on
    Last edited by rapjuicer06; 08-22-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    How far down the list?
    I would probably put 10-15 players ahead of him as far as who I would choose to become my #1 for the next 5 years. But then again, we haven't seen Harden as a focal point, when many of the guys I would list have been.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    And the MAIN reason for that is.....because the opposing teams bench is in. Thank you and good night!

And to answer the second part...Going from the number 1 option to the number 3 option HAS to be hard to deal with. While Bosh is doing it, I'm sure he didn't expect it to be like this. That can easily determine that outcome.

As for Kobe, he had it in him the whole time. I mean did Kobe win because of Shaq? Or did Shaq win because of Kobe? Kobe isn't exactly the best comparison here. Don't insinuate Harden could/will be like Kobe...come on

Ummmm, Harden plays just under 32 mpg. Last I checked bench players don't play 32 min a game. Sorry just had to state the obvious. You make it sound like Harden can't score on anyone he wants to and only can score against bench players. Eventhough he has scored on everyone who has guarded him all year long. I have yet to see a player who can check Harden regularly. If there is please name him....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He could put a ton of teams over the top honestly. Philly, Indy, Chicago, Memphis, Dallas.
    Exactly, but imo you'd need a lot for him to be the #1. Ben Wallace is a good example but that team was an amazing TEAM, they gelled perfectly.
    Nobody ****s with the Gustav

5 GA / 4 G / 1 A
    Adopt a Packers \/ Davante Adams and Sammy Shields

Davante Adams - 17 Rec, 188 Yards, 2 TD

Sam Shields- 12 Tackles, 2 INTs, 6 PassD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Ummmm, Harden plays just under 32 mpg. Last I checked bench players don't play 32 min a game. Sorry just had to state the obvious. You make it sound like Harden can't score on anyone he wants to and only can score against bench players. Eventhough he has scored on everyone who has guarded him all year long. I have yet to see a player who can check Harden regularly. If there is please name him....
    Macc seriously, your reading is ****ing atrocious. They said when Durant and Westbrook aren't on the floor Harden's numbers are better. Westbrook and Durant play around 36 minutes....soooo when they go out, guess what...so does the opposing teams starters.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    he would need a 1a 1b scenerio

for example he would be a good fit on the 76ers

jrue
    harden 1b
    thad young
    hawes
    bynum 1a

with turner off the bench as the 6th man.

vCash

Maybe this should have been stated

Can ORLANDO build a WINNING team around James Harden as a #1 option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    he would need a 1a 1b scenerio

for example he would be a good fit on the 76ers

jrue
    harden 1b
    thad young
    hawes
    bynum 1a

with turner off the bench as the 6th man.
    Honestly...I'd still bring Harden off the bench and leave Turner in starting in this situation

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast