Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Build around Harden?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 33.17%
  • No

    139 66.83%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 202
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Can you ? absolutely.

    will the team be very succesfull? that deppends on WHO are his Suporting cast.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,508
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    The 2004 Pistons proved that you can pretty much build around NOTHING as long as you got the right pieces... I mean... they built that team around Ben Wallace... so yeah... you could build around Harden, but it would be difficult. It's always dificult to build around a SG.
    Ben Wallace a four time defensive player of the year? Rasheed, rip, billups, prince, ben. They were all great players.

    titties

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,629
    vCash
    1500
    I selected no, but the fact is, any all star caliber player can "lead" a team to a championship as its best player if he has a great cast/coach and health around him. But no, as far as guys you would want to start a franchise with, Harden is a ways down the list. He is the ultimate #2-3 guy right now though.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,629
    vCash
    1500
    Furthermore, I would kill to see the Wolves trade for Harden, if it didn't cost them either Love or Rubio.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,825
    vCash
    1500
    You can build around him as your best player... But your team wouldn't be too good.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,755
    vCash
    2766
    He'll be worth a max deal simply because that means you lured a top free agent. Then you worry about continuing to build and add another star in the future.

    I believe he can be the #1 option with a team like HoopsAdvocate said.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    (Born in NY)Miami, Fl
    Posts
    2,610
    vCash
    1500
    i put yes in the thought that the 76ers were built "around" Iggy. I can see a team building aroung Harden like that. But definitely not in a Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Durant kind of built around

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,543
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I selected no, but the fact is, any all star caliber player can "lead" a team to a championship as its best player if he has a great cast/coach and health around him. But no, as far as guys you would want to start a franchise with, Harden is a ways down the list. He is the ultimate #2-3 guy right now though.
    How far down the list?
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,880
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Harden had a very good season. Not going to disagree with that. But you put him on a rebuilding team (Magic, Suns) where he has NO help around him...what kind of season is he going to have? He still going to be this efficient? Hell no. The only reason he was so efficient is because he has Westbrook and Durant taking the focus off of him.
    A very good season?

    He was HISTORICALLY effecient. It was the 23rd most effecient scoring season in NBA HISTORY. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ct_season.html

    Look at few guys that are ahead of him. They are all either big men, sharpshooters, guys that barely averaged double digits, or a combination of them. He's a shooting guard who averaged 17ppg. Look at some of these numbers:

    7th in Isolation Offense
    9th in PnR Ball Handler
    28th in Spot-Up
    1st in Off Screen
    1st in Hand-Off
    3rd in Cutting
    87th in Transition

    He was effecient in every method of scoring that could be tracked. To assume that he might be regress carrying the scoring load for an inferior team is fair. But even if he drops he's still landing among the stars.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    16,001
    vCash
    1500
    I like Harden but right now the answer is No.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,520
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by $GangGr33n$ View Post
    i put yes in the thought that the 76ers were built "around" Iggy. I can see a team building aroung Harden like that. But definitely not in a Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Durant kind of built around
    One could say that the sixers biggest criticism over the past 3 years has been building around Iggy when he just is not a good enough centerpiece.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,107
    vCash
    2166
    he can be on the Raps LOL just surround good players with good role players.



  13. #58
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    1,213
    vCash
    1500
    Hell to be fair, you could build around tj ford as your best player but your team wouldnt be good. No way in hell you build around harden in any circumstance unless you are the Bobcats.
    GIFSoup

    My wonderful wife showing her skills

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,690
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    A very good season?

    He was HISTORICALLY effecient. It was the 23rd most effecient scoring season in NBA HISTORY. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ct_season.html

    Look at few guys that are ahead of him. They are all either big men, sharpshooters, guys that barely averaged double digits, or a combination of them. He's a shooting guard who averaged 17ppg. Look at some of these numbers:

    7th in Isolation Offense
    9th in PnR Ball Handler
    28th in Spot-Up
    1st in Off Screen
    1st in Hand-Off
    3rd in Cutting
    87th in Transition

    He was effecient in every method of scoring that could be tracked. To assume that he might be regress carrying the scoring load for an inferior team is fair. But even if he drops he's still landing among the stars.
    Sorry. He had a historic season, being the third option on the team, playing against other 2nd stringers and having wide open looks thanks to Durant and Westbrook. Yes, build a team around that guy! Then watch him fall off and start sucking and listen to everyone say he's overrated. Harden on his own would = Monta Ellis or Paul Pierce when he was on his own. That would be the best scenario for Harden is PP. Which is good, don't get me wrong...but they were never really Championship contenders until they surrounded him with 2 other HOFers
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,831
    vCash
    1500
    Yes you can but it has to be similar to the Pistons team of the early and mid 2000's. He would be similar to Chauncey Billups, as he was the number one option. The team has to surround him with top notch defense, and role players that elevate team chemistry. That doesn't mean you should over-pay for him, it just means it's possible to create a great team around a guy like him.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •