208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 33.17%
  • No

139 66.83%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Nah, the finals changed my mind

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    where is the fcuk NO option?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman12* View Post
    Being discussed in the Magic forum, some think that we should target him when he is a FA( even if he is commanding a max salary) others don't. It's about 50/50 right now. I think he is better suited for a glue guy like Manu, I don't think you build everything around him.
    there ya go

vCash
    My answer is no. But if you put him with a center like Bynum, and a sixer team, look out nba!

2012-2013 Los Angeles Lakers
    The Story Continues

vCash
    I say no. He is a solid player. Can win a game for you, can win a series for you, but you can not put a team on his back and tell him to win a season for you.

People say he plays well when Durant and Westbrook aren't in....Well to that I say no ****. Because when those two aren't in, the opposing teams starters are not in. Orlando, a team trying to build through the draft, can NOT make a winning team with that and pairing them up with Harden as a MAXED out player. Just wouldn't work. Harden is very efficient, yes. This is true. Put the ball in his hands and have him shoot 20+ times a game and take Westbrook and Durant away and have 1st-3rd year players all around him, you can throw that efficiency out the window.

He is a guy who can be the finishing piece to a team, but not a starting piece to a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    maybe in 4 years.

good number 2, great 3rd. still best as a scorer in a bunch ( like on the wolves) or a 6th man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    He's 22 and still incomplete, but he's insanely good at getting to the hoop and drawing contact, and he's an elite shooter; he just had one of the most efficient shooting seasons in NBA history actually. A TS% of 66% on >15 ppg for a non-big is unheard of. Nash has never even quite reached that.

His efficiency is not because of his teammates, it's just who he is. His numbers were similar at AZ state as a #1 option (only difference being his FT shooting has improved). He's just a very good/efficient player.

In a couple years, on the right balanced team, yeah he could be the #1 option you'd build around. Although I don't think he ever reaches top 5 player status.

Exactly.

The debate in our forum wasn't weather he would be a #1 option or not. It came down to me saying I would take him over Monta Ellis, Manu, Iguodala or any other sg not named Wade or Kobe. A couple other Magic fans said the players I listed would be better options.

I simply think that's crazy. Harden is only 22 years old and has a complete game. The guy can score, shoot, 3 ball, handles, and pass well. He's only going to get better.

I simply think it would be crazy for someone to think Ellis, AI, or Manu would be a better option to have going forward.

vCash
    Give it a year or two and Harden will undoubtably be a top 3 sg in this league. Meaning there won't be a debate, kinda how Kobe and Wade are 1 & 2.

Just wait till he's not with OKC anymore since they're not going to be able to afford him once he's a free agent. The guy as a 1 or 2 option will be beasting it in the NBA.

vCash
    Well you could.. but not being taken seriously as a contender. Harden is your perfect number 2 guy. The prototypical sidekick.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I say no. He is a solid player. Can win a game for you, can win a series for you, but you can not put a team on his back and tell him to win a season for you.

People say he plays well when Durant and Westbrook aren't in....Well to that I say no ****. Because when those two aren't in, the opposing teams starters are not in. Orlando, a team trying to build through the draft, can NOT make a winning team with that and pairing them up with Harden as a MAXED out player. Just wouldn't work. Harden is very efficient, yes. This is true. Put the ball in his hands and have him shoot 20+ times a game and take Westbrook and Durant away and have 1st-3rd year players all around him, you can throw that efficiency out the window.

He is a guy who can be the finishing piece to a team, but not a starting piece to a team.

So if you were the Magic GM and you had a chance to get Harden who would be just under his prime (23-24). You wouldn't give him max money?

vCash
    No he is a good 2nd or 3rd option.

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    The NBA Forum gets dumber and dumber...

vCash
    No, but he's great #2 option.

“If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!”
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    For all the people wanting him on their team, know that he's going to come at a price - likely picks and guys on rookie contracts or small contracts. And that's if he's available at all. They aren't just going to let him walk.

vCash
    Once he improves his D, he could be a number 1 option on a deep team. Realistically, he'd be the second best player on a contender and he's in an ideal situation for OKC where he's the third. He's probably the 3rd best SG now, and will become 2nd soon as Kobe's decline is in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    As far as talent goes, without a doubt Melo is the best player the knicks have ever had. I think Melo is the best player in the league right now so i think after he wins us a ring this year he would have to be considered the best knick ever. Melo will become the new Jordan of the league we are so lucky to have him!!!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast