Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a TV

vCash
    If you have the money I would go with a Philips 9000er series or a bit cheaper with the 8000er series. In my opinion the picture quality is by far the best, if you go 50"+ and want good picture quality for the cheapest price, the panasonic Plasmas are the way to go.

vCash
    Buy Sony.

vCash

Ewing

A lot of plasma suggestions here. My last TV was a plasma and the power board brunt out multiple times. Is this concern with plasma? Are certain types more reliable then others in genereal?

vCash
    It also depends on where the TV will be at. If there will be sunlight on the TV the Plasmas cause a glare, whereas the LCD/LEDs do not. If the room will be dark Plasmas give you the best bang for your buck.

I prefer LCDs or LEDs over Plasma. I had a Plasma for a little bit but that is just because my roommate in college won a plasma for our appartment for the year. It was a promotional thing with our appartment complex to keep people. We were both too lazy to go get curtains to keep the glare off of the TV so it would cause problems. Also, a lot of COD was played on the TV and we ended up burning the HUD into the picture. This was also when they were relatively new, so I'm not sure if this still happens easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadStBullies View Post
    I'm also in the market for a new TV. Anyone ever hear of Hiteker or TCL? They're pretty cheap on Amazon. Also, would you guys recommend getting an extended warranty on any LCD or LED TVs?
    I would really recommend looking at the TV in person before buying it. A lot of the off brand TVs have really poor picture quality compared to name brands.

I have never gotten an extended warranty and have never had any troubles with any TV I have gotten. I guess it would depend on how long the warranty was for and how much it cost. I would say it is better to spend extra on the TV and get a name brand and not worry about the warranty.

What size are you looking for and what is it going to be used as, your main TV or an additional one?

vCash
    Panasonic Viera's are awesome TV's. Samsung also makes some really great TV's as well. I would stay away from Sony and LG, not the greatest of TV's in this generation in my opinion.

Oh, and stay far far away from Phillips and Toshiba. Those two are just god awful.

Legendary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    Panasonic Viera's are awesome TV's. Samsung also makes some really great TV's as well. I would stay away from Sony and LG, not the greatest of TV's in this generation in my opinion.

Oh, and stay far far away from Phillips and Toshiba. Those two are just god awful.
    Sony has been redeeming themselves the past few years but they aren't topping Samsung, Panasonic and Sharp. The Sharp Aquos have fallen a bit as of late but still VERY good TV's.

The ones I seem to install(Home theater installastion) quite alot are The Samsung UND series. It's actually one of the reason I bought one, customers seem to love them and the picture is AMAZING. I have an LG LED before my Samsung and didn't like it at all

i7 3770k 16gb DDR3 GTX 780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12