NBC is closing The Office after nine seasons.

In a conference call with reporters on Tuesday, exec producer Greg Daniels announced that the long-running comedy will conclude in May. “All questions will be answered this year,” he said. “We’re going to see who is behind the documentary. [It's a] big Jim and Pam year… [fans] will pleased and excited by what we have planned for them this year.”

Daniels said several familiar faces will return as the show approaches its series finale, but it remains to be seen if Steve Carell will be among them. “It would be fantastic if [Steve] would return,” he said. “He loved how [Michael Scott] exited, and is probably anxious about not messing up such a stylish exit. That’s a perfectly legitimate point. We’ll see.

“There’s so much to pay off after nine seasons,” Daniels added. “My biggest concern is just packing in all these great ideas the writing staff has and make sure we squeeze as many as we can into the ending.”
http://tvline.com/2012/08/21/the-off...ding-season-9/

Clark Duke is joining the show, Roy is coming back for an arch and now that this news is out, I'm sure a lot of former cast members will show up too. I'd be shocked if Carell doesn't return.