Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,907
    vCash
    1500

    Days of Future Past casts Quicksilver who will also appear in Avengers 2

    https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/stat...43722953080832

    http://www.slashfilm.com/quicksilver...he-avengers-2/

    Direct quote by Singer. This is on the heels of Josh Whedon saying Quicksilver will appear in the Avengers.

    Why are Fox and Marvel having a showdown over 'X-Men' and 'The Avengers 2'?

    Ever since the record-annihilating opening weekend of "The Avengers" last year, I've been hearing speculation and questions about whether or not other studios who have the rights to certain Marvel characters would end up trying to strike a deal with Disney and Marvel Studios to include those characters in some sort of cross-over situation that would allow them to appear in a future "Avengers" film.

    At the moment, I would not bet on that happening with 20th Century Fox.

    This is not a situation where the two different companies are working together to try and create a sense of a larger shared world. In fact, if either of them could get the other to back off, they would. The thing is, Bryan Singer has designed a sequence that he feels only works with Quicksilver, and Joss Whedon feels that there is a pressing reason for Quicksilver to show up in "The Avengers 2," and so what we're going to see is a legally-negotiated stand-off in which we'll get two totally different versions of one character. While they may act like things are amicable in public, HitFix sources say otherwise.

    Singer has just cast Evan Peters as Quicksilver for "X-Men: Days Of Future Past." He's shooting first, so presumably, he will win the showdown in terms of being the first to define the character on film. Marvel has larger plans for the character, though, and wants to use him for more than just one action sequence. The way the arrangement works, Marvel Studios cannot refer to the character as a "mutant," and they can't mention Magneto at all. Likewise, Fox can't make any reference to The Avengers in their film.

    That means they'll have to either explain his powers in a different way in "The Avengers 2," or they'll just have to make no mention of his origin at all. At this point, there are so many characters in "Days Of Future Past" that it seems odd they'd end up in a pissing match with Marvel about who gets to use a character who, let's face it, 90% of the audience for either franchise has never heard of.

    This is the first time this has happened, and there is still time for Fox to blink. If they push forward and allow Singer to include the character, there's a chance they're burning down any future cooperation with Marvel, who have proven themselves to be hard negotiators who aren't afraid to flex whatever muscle they have.

    Right now, the rumor is that Saoirse Ronan is in the mix as a possible Scarlet Witch for "The Avengers 2," and there's no word yet on who Marvel will cast as Quicksilver for their film, or even what age range we're talking about. What is obvious is that the battles off-screen are going to be just as interesting as the battles on-screen this time around, and we'll be paying close attention to see how Fox handles things.
    http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...the-avengers-2

    This could get ugly. It's a shame that rather than trying to work together to come up with 1 whole shared universe, instead, they'll probably butt heads and engage in petty legal battles.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,955
    vCash
    1500
    Lame.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,186
    vCash
    500
    Nothing will come of this as Quicksilver will end up in both movies. As long as Marvel doesn't mention him as being a mutant or in the same conversation as the X-Men then they will be fine.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,907
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Nothing will come of this as Quicksilver will end up in both movies. As long as Marvel doesn't mention him as being a mutant or in the same conversation as the X-Men then they will be fine.
    Oh I'm sure that's what'll happen. However, I doubt Marvel is happy about it. From their standpoint, they said they were going to use him first, and now Fox has thrown him into DOFP which is coming out before Avengers 2. And of course there'll be inevitable comparisons. I just don't see it being a good situation where Marvel isn't upset with Fox. I mean they basically added him in late in production for 1 scene.

    Also, I'm not that happy about this. Both Fox and Marvel essentially get half of Quicksilver instead of getting the character with his full backstory.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,186
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    Oh I'm sure that's what'll happen. However, I doubt Marvel is happy about it. From their standpoint, they said they were going to use him first, and now Fox has thrown him into DOFP which is coming out before Avengers 2. And of course there'll be inevitable comparisons. I just don't see it being a good situation where Marvel isn't upset with Fox. I mean they basically added him in late in production for 1 scene.

    Also, I'm not that happy about this. Both Fox and Marvel essentially get half of Quicksilver instead of getting the character with his full backstory.
    It is a **** move by Fox. I'm pretty sure its also what they done in X-Men 3 where we got vague characters credited as known superheroes like Psylocke even though they were originally written to be generic mutants.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,671
    vCash
    1500
    I never understood why they couldn't try to have some kind of connection between X-men universe and the Avengers. I get that the rights are owned by different companies but why not try to find a common ground which could lead to more interesting movies. After all they're both Marvel. Imagine Iron Man (Downey Jr) and Wolverine(Jackman) in the same movie.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    the pyscho ghost kid form americna horror story. thats an interesting choice
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,779
    vCash
    1500
    i never liked jackman as wolverine
    POP! POP!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,671
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dabiznazz View Post
    i never liked jackman as wolverine
    Too tall?? Other than that it suits him perfect.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,016
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dabiznazz:26294196
    i never liked jackman as wolverine
    I think he's perfect
    <img src=images/smilies/applause.gif border=0 alt= title=clap class=inlineimg />

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,186
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    the pyscho ghost kid form americna horror story. thats an interesting choice
    Is that who they cast for the part? In which one....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,186
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Too tall?? Other than that it suits him perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjbirds View Post
    I think he's perfect
    Agreed. I couldn't imagine anybody other than Jackman as Wolverine.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,907
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Is that who they cast for the part? In which one....
    Yeah for Days of Future Past. I don't think Whedon has even finished his script for Avengers 2 yet. So there's no doubt DOFP is going to beat the Avengers to the punch with casting Quicksilver first.

    With that said, if Marvel really wanted to stick it to FOX, they could cast Quicksilver in one of the upcoming Marvel movies. Don't know how they'd get him in Thor Dark World but that obviously comes out before DOFP.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,907
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    I never understood why they couldn't try to have some kind of connection between X-men universe and the Avengers. I get that the rights are owned by different companies but why not try to find a common ground which could lead to more interesting movies. After all they're both Marvel. Imagine Iron Man (Downey Jr) and Wolverine(Jackman) in the same movie.
    Completely agree. I'd just love it if they could somehow work out a deal to come up with 1 big shared universe. It'd open up the Cinematic Universe to so many possibilities. And its not like either studio wouldn't benefit, they'd both rake in the cash.

    Unfortunately, there's no way that happens since it seems both companies are more likely to stab each other in the back then attempt to negotiate for a shared universe.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,186
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    Yeah for Days of Future Past. I don't think Whedon has even finished his script for Avengers 2 yet. So there's no doubt DOFP is going to beat the Avengers to the punch with casting Quicksilver first.

    With that said, if Marvel really wanted to stick it to FOX, they could cast Quicksilver in one of the upcoming Marvel movies. Don't know how they'd get him in Thor Dark World but that obviously comes out before DOFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    Completely agree. I'd just love it if they could somehow work out a deal to come up with 1 big shared universe. It'd open up the Cinematic Universe to so many possibilities. And its not like either studio wouldn't benefit, they'd both rake in the cash.

    Unfortunately, there's no way that happens since it seems both companies are more likely to stab each other in the back then attempt to negotiate for a shared universe.
    It is both really sad and stupid by all parties. It would only benefit both everybody to just work together on these things. Don't these other companies see how much money Marvel is pulling in from these films? And all they have to do is work out a deal where they do a swap of rights if only just for a film at a time.

    For example they let Marvel have Hugh Jackman as Wolverine for the Avengers 2 movie and in return Marvel lets use say the Hulk or Thor or another character in one of their films. How sweet would it be to see the one screen interactions between Wolverine and Iron Man?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •