Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angels Starting Pitchers

Peter Gammons‏@pgammo
    If someone predicted that from June 29 to Aug. 19 Angels starters would be 14-18, 5.58
    What's going on?

Too much PSD hype.

I guess they just got too comfortable.

"It's alright that I let up 5 runs today, I've got a good offense behind me."

I heard during the fifth inning last night that on their radio the host said something was wrong with CJ's mechanics in the fifth inning as it started and if he doesn't fix it the inning would get bad.

Greinke continuing the trend by giving up 4 runs in his first 2 innings. He's been awful.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

Anyone on the team not named Mike Trout or Albert Pujols has fallen off a cliff.

It doesn't help that our manager continues to trot out Vernon Wells instead of the clearly better Peter Bourjos, who might actually be able to save a run or two.

It's also baffling that Mike Butcher still has a job when Mickey Hatcher was fired after the team couldn't hit.

"There's no better public education than teaching kids that they should have been born to a parent who could afford their cancer treatments." - @LOLGOP

I think everyone overrates the Angels pitchers, or should I say DID overrate them. Weaver is the only legitimate ace. Wilson and Haren are sooooo inconsistent. I don't think anybody needs an explanation on Santana.

Greinke - Dude is slumping with his new team for some reason

Wilson - Issues with mechanics and it giving up a lot more home runs then he is accustomed to.

Haren - Doesn't have his typical command walking more and missing over the plate giving up home runs

Santana - You can expect his ERA to be anywhere between 3 and 6. One may hope for sustained improvement, but I for one am not surprised his era is 5.6.

I'm beginning to think Greinke is indeed a mental midget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy #1 View Post
    I think everyone overrates the Angels pitchers, or should I say DID overrate them. Weaver is the only legitimate ace. Wilson and Haren are sooooo inconsistent. I don't think anybody needs an explanation on Santana.
    Haren is inconsistent?

"There's no better public education than teaching kids that they should have been born to a parent who could afford their cancer treatments." - @LOLGOP

we suck

The Future is NOW!

I didn't think the move would affect Greinke's performance, but it looks like it is.

He could actually be a headcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky Woods View Post
    I didn't think the move would affect Greinke's performance, but it looks like it is.

He could actually be a headcase.
    It's like three starts, so a pointlessly small sample size, and he's not remotely the only Angels pitcher struggling. It would be stranger if he wasn't at this point. Even Weaver got shelled the other night.

Greinke was red hot coming into LA though

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky Woods View Post
    Greinke was red hot coming into LA though
    And Weaver had an ERA of 2.10 over his last five starts before giving up 9 runs in 3 innings.

I'm just randomly throwing this out there. You'd be hard pressed to find an Angels pitcher that isn't struggling right now. Since July 1st, our team ERA is over 5.50.

Frieri, who had done so well after we traded for him, has an ERA of 6.00 for August.

All of them are doing terrible. It's like Butcher is telling them to throw nothing but batting practice fastballs down the middle or something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast