Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,479
    vCash
    1500
    I think the main thing we need to do is get him more scorers to go with him. Maybe Tobias will be a good scorer as his career possesses, but as of right now, Ellis and Jennings are pretty much the only guys who can consistently score and create for others. Larry is definately improving and Dunleavy is a good shooter, but we need another scorer in my mind to really help his development as a distributor.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,120
    vCash
    1500
    I don't expect Ellis to resign, but that would definitely be my preference. He is more efficient than Jennings, has better size, and is a better defender. If they pair him with a SG who can share the distribution duties and defend bigger guards, or even a big PG, I would prefer that to resigning Jennings. Jennings still has some upside, and he's at his best when he's the 3rd or 4th scoring option.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,168
    vCash
    1500
    thornga2 I really dont mean to be pickin on you at all but apparently your the only one posting right now.

    But your crazy if you think Ellis is more efficient than Jennings, and Ellis is a HORRIBLE defender. Not even close in that category.
    Jennings will be in the Derrick Rose category soon. 20 pts 4/5 rebounds and 8 assts with 1.5 stls a game.

    He already does it, it's just every other night and night night in and night out like we need him to be. No fault of his though.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png
    _____________
    " Failure is only defined by someone's perception of what failing is."-His Airness

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    thornga2 I really dont mean to be pickin on you at all but apparently your the only one posting right now.

    But your crazy if you think Ellis is more efficient than Jennings, and Ellis is a HORRIBLE defender. Not even close in that category.
    Jennings will be in the Derrick Rose category soon. 20 pts 4/5 rebounds and 8 assts with 1.5 stls a game.

    He already does it, it's just every other night and night night in and night out like we need him to be. No fault of his though.
    - Ellis has a career shooting percentage of 46.2%, and averages 2.8 turnovers.

    - Jennings has a career shooting percentage of 39.3%, and averaged 2.4 turnovers.

    Jennings takes care of the ball a little better, but Ellis shoots it at a much more efficient clip. Not even close.

    I really don't know what games you are watching thinking that Jennings will ever be in the Derrick Rose category. He just isn't that kind of talent.

    It's clear that facts and stats have nothing to do with your opinions about Jennings- it's just pure man-love at this point.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,168
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    - Ellis has a career shooting percentage of 46.2%, and averages 2.8 turnovers.

    - Jennings has a career shooting percentage of 39.3%, and averaged 2.4 turnovers.

    Jennings takes care of the ball a little better, but Ellis shoots it at a much more efficient clip. Not even close.

    I really don't know what games you are watching thinking that Jennings will ever be in the Derrick Rose category. He just isn't that kind of talent.

    It's clear that facts and stats have nothing to do with your opinions about Jennings- it's just pure man-love at this point.
    Ellis is also 27 going on 28 and has had 9 years to become the shooter he is. Jennings shoots the 3 better, RUNS THE TEAM, plays much better d, and is 23 years old.

    It has nothing to do with man love and everything to do with logic. Even though i will admit I really do like watching Jennings play, I just see a lot of untapped potential.

    Oh and BTW I think it's games like last night that make the comparisons legit:

    33 pts 8 assts 5 rebs and 4 stls.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png
    _____________
    " Failure is only defined by someone's perception of what failing is."-His Airness

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,168
    vCash
    1500
    Kid just needs to be more consistent.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png
    _____________
    " Failure is only defined by someone's perception of what failing is."-His Airness

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,120
    vCash
    1500
    "Just needs to be more consistent." Sounds easy, but really isn't. And saying he's "almost to Derrick Rose level" is funny too, because he's already older than Rose was when he won MVP, and doesn't have the same physical tools.

    Also, when Ellis was 22, he scored 22 PPG and shot 53%. He hasn't gotten much better since then.

    Jennings might make serious strides in the next couple seasons and become a star, but I don't think it's likely. You're treating it like a foregone conclusion.

    23 isn't young in the NBA. Jennings isn't a prospect. He's an NBA veteran with a FG% under 40.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,479
    vCash
    1500
    I would say I think you're both at too far to the extremes on this topic. I like Ellis and I wanted to try the Ellis as a pg experiment too, but after watching him this year, I don't know that he has it in him. He'll always be very turnover prone and he is a pretty poor outside shooter. I think at best he's a good player. He'll be good if you can match him up with the perfect other guard, which is a guy who's a solid ball handler, good defender with decent size and a good shooter.

    But I can't go as far as time on Jennings though either. I don't think he has Derrick Rose potential. I will think he'll improve. I don't know that he'll ever be super consistent and we'll have to live with some dumb shots every now and then, but we haven't really given him a great team to play with though either. I think part of the reason his shooting percentages are low because he's forced to take some bad shots due to our poor offense.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 11-14-2012 at 09:19 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    240
    vCash
    1500
    I dont know why but I always seen Jennings developing into a player like Tony Parker. I think he is making strides to becoming that type of player this year. Hopefully he keeps it up.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I would say I think you're both at too far to the extremes on this topic. I like Ellis and I wanted to try the Ellis as a pg experiment too, but after watching him this year, I don't know that he has it in him. He'll always be very turnover prone and he is a pretty poor outside shooter. I think at best he's a good player. He'll be good if you can match him up with the perfect other guard, which is a guy who's a solid ball handler, good defender with decent size and a good shooter.

    But I can't go as far as time on Jennings though either. I don't think he has Derrick Rose potential. I will think he'll improve. I don't know that he'll ever be super consistent and we'll have to live with some dumb shots every now and then, but we haven't really given him a great team to play with though either. I think part of the reason his shooting percentages are low because he's forced to take some bad shots due to our poor offense.
    I agree with a lot of what you said about Jennings. I do think they are close to having a team that will maximize him though. Jennings is a good penetrator, and I think he is at his best attacking the basket off the pick and roll and things like that. The team has long, athletic guys in Sanders and Henson who should make good partners for it. The key is to surround him with perimeter shooters. Dunleavy is great, and Harris looks like he is going to be good as well. Lamb is also a good shooter. Illyasova should be, but has struggled.

    If they want to build around Jennings, then they need an Eric Gordon type player, who can create for himself when Jennings is struggling to create, but can also stretch the floor. Harris, Henson, and Sanders is a potential frontline that I like a lot, but none of them have a lot of potential to create a lot of shots for themselves.

    If the Bucks were to trade for Gordon, I really think the offensive potential would really hinge on Henson. Harris has some high-low ability, but to have a post player who can stretch the defense a little bit, but also score around the rim and with his back to the basket would put the over the top. Sanders and Harris are both nice players, but Henson has the most offensive potential of the three I think.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,168
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said about Jennings. I do think they are close to having a team that will maximize him though. Jennings is a good penetrator, and I think he is at his best attacking the basket off the pick and roll and things like that. The team has long, athletic guys in Sanders and Henson who should make good partners for it. The key is to surround him with perimeter shooters. Dunleavy is great, and Harris looks like he is going to be good as well. Lamb is also a good shooter. Illyasova should be, but has struggled.

    If they want to build around Jennings, then they need an Eric Gordon type player, who can create for himself when Jennings is struggling to create, but can also stretch the floor. Harris, Henson, and Sanders is a potential frontline that I like a lot, but none of them have a lot of potential to create a lot of shots for themselves.

    If the Bucks were to trade for Gordon, I really think the offensive potential would really hinge on Henson. Harris has some high-low ability, but to have a post player who can stretch the defense a little bit, but also score around the rim and with his back to the basket would put the over the top. Sanders and Harris are both nice players, but Henson has the most offensive potential of the three I think.
    I have been bringing up Gordon's name like crazy.

    I truly believe Henson will be starting in two years. He's just more of a complete player than Illyasova, and much more consistent.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png
    _____________
    " Failure is only defined by someone's perception of what failing is."-His Airness

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    I have been bringing up Gordon's name like crazy.

    I truly believe Henson will be starting in two years. He's just more of a complete player than Illyasova, and much more consistent.
    I am hoping that the starting frontline next season is Harris-Henson-Sanders. The key for Henson is to add some bulk this offseaon. With how long he is, being under 220 lbs. is just too light.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,825
    vCash
    1500
    Ellis has an early termination clause for the 2013-14 season, meaning basically he is free and clear to go where he wants after this season, and by many accounts, he is set to do so.

    Jennings on the other hand is a restricted free agent next year, meaning the Bucks can match any offer he receives and have the cap space to do so.

    There have been some rumblings recently between Jennings and the Bucks organization over them failing to give Jennings an extension already. However, the bottom line is if the Bucks want to keep Jennings, they are in a much better position to do so than they are with Ellis.

    Also, it seems that at this point in his career that Ellis is regressing
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ot-monta-ellis

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,168
    vCash
    1500
    I would agree with that assessment on Monta.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png
    _____________
    " Failure is only defined by someone's perception of what failing is."-His Airness

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmyra,Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,825
    vCash
    1500
    The Milwaukee Bucks are frequently nominated by insiders surveyed as one of the teams most likely to make a move between now and the deadline. That’s even though Milwaukee has essentially just reopened a new phase of evaluating its own players after parting ways Monday with Scott Skiles and installing Jim Boylan as interim coach.

    Sources close to the situation stress, however, that restricted free agent-to-be Brandon Jennings is the least likely Buck to be dealt in-season, even though Milwaukee declined to sign Jennings to a contract extension between July 1 and Halloween when it had the chance.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/bucks-not-...ennings-trade/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •