Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I dont think Jennings will resign, he will want way more than he is worth. I wouldnt pay him over 10. In my opinion he isn't a top 10 point guard (maybe not top 15), he isn't a great leader and at only 5 assists a game he is a 6'0" shooting guard. I've been looking for him to use his great passing skills more but as he has has progressed that hasnt happened.

vCash
    Yeah a lot is up in the air this season. Possible new ownership. Thats probably why we didnt trade for long contracts. Were a attractive team with a few expiring deals. Bad sign is need a new arena. Ya big Sam is due for a deal. I think we wait and see since he's a bit over weight. Ellis is up in the air. I think we ride out Jennings to see if he's worth it this year.

He's been rumored in a few trades last few seasons. Its been reported by Yahoo! sports other week that Skiles did ask for a buy out. Besides Hammond was asked by Portland. So this franchise is left wide open for changes. So maybe Kohl might sell soon? Tons of expirings and expiring coach and GM. Good way to let a new owner in for new things and options. Nice young talent and expirings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I dont think Jennings will resign, he will want way more than he is worth. I wouldnt pay him over 10. In my opinion he isn't a top 10 point guard (maybe not top 15), he isn't a great leader and at only 5 assists a game he is a 6'0" shooting guard. I've been looking for him to use his great passing skills more but as he has has progressed that hasnt happened.
    I'm sure he'll want more money, but who out there is actually going to give it to him? I think he'll become more realistic once his agent starts talking to other teams and figure out his value. Since we don't really have any other options at pg, I would think we'll offer him a bit more than other teams, and that should be enough to keep him here.

Also, I agree he's not an ideal pg, but its not like he has a ton of assist chances out there. We don't have a ton of other scoring options and our offensive plays aren't overly great either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I'd rather give the money to guy like him(someone who can do more than just chuck 3's) rather then a guy like Michael Redd.

He might not be a top ten PG right now but after this year, and maybe even after next year there wont be a coach in the league that wouldn't consicder him top 10. I think a lot of coaches do now just on his speed alone.

You need to understand man, Skiles offensive philosophy is so old, it was popular when the Gregorian Chant was popular. It's old and doesn't necessarily fit our best players needs.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Derozan get 4 years 40, I guess Jennings has to be worth that. Bj3 is better than Derozan but I don't think Derozan is worth 10 mil.

vCash
    Tides have turned. Years back sg's were a dime a dozen now that changed. Now its pg's are a dime a dozen. Shocked Derozan got $10M per. Goes to show when there isnt much out there ya have to over pay your own before the market gets after them.

vCash
    Ted Davis from the big show mentioned something about we might of offered Jennings $9M or $10M per and Jennings wants more. Not sure if he has any insider scoop He probably is just as bad as Woelfel. But Holiday just signed with Philly for 4 years and $41M.

All the young guys are getting the money. Not sure if Kohl is close to selling or is thinking about it and keeping the payroll down for now and options open with expiring contracts for Hammond and Skiles. So maybe thats why were on standby for signing Jennings or Ellis.

vCash
    Not a fan of bleacher report but its news.

Current Salary: $3.18 million (2013-14 restricted free agent)

If there's one thing that we can be certain of, looking forward to the 2013-14 season, it's that Brandon Jennings will be making a lot more money than he is right now.

Jennings is one of the most underpaid players in the NBA. He averaged 19.1 points, 5.5 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game last season, and he did that while helping the Bucks remain somewhat relevant in the East.

The only problem with Jennings is that he's terribly inefficient most of the time. Over the span of his three years in the NBA, Jennings has averaged just 39.3 percent shooting from the field.

That's certainly held the Bucks back from offering him a massive contract extension, and it's something he must work on this season.

With better shot selection and a bit more patience, Jennings can not only help the Bucks compete in the East, he can also ensure that next year he'll be bringing home a much, much bigger paycheck. Efficiency is the name of the game for Jennings this season.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2012-13/page/5

vCash
    This start to the season has been a perfect example of Jennings. Opening night he has hitting everything and last night he struggled shooting it. I think that's basically going to the the name of his game for awhile. However, his assist numbers are up, which is very promising.

vCash
    Yeah Jennings first place in league for assists.

vCash
    idk with harden being traded dorozan holiday getting extensions jennings value on the market may go up same with ellis if he opts out so i say we should get em signed now and not let them hit the market or we will prob lose them because the other decent to good FA's are being given extensions...making ellis and jennings 2 of the best FA's out there so we should sign em now if were going to!! also want dunleavy back!

good to see gooden riding the pine!!! and sanders and udoh getting mins, wish henson could get a few somehow! thats just a side note lol
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    I guess here's a potential strategy for the Bucks. Won't Jennings be an RFA if he isn't signed. Because if that's true, we can just wait for him to sign an offer sheet, then just match it so we don't have to give him the max with a team deal.

vCash
    Just could take the QO then leave following season after that as a UFA. But if he goes RFA route we can match all offers.

vCash
    Left without an extension like many of his NBA draft class of 2009 brethren, some started to speculate this being the beginning of the end for Brandon Jennings as a member of the Milwaukee Bucks.

That's simply not the case, however, according to Hoopsworld's Bill Ingram:

The next thing to be considered is the Bucks’ commitment to Jennings, and HOOPSWORLD has learned that the commitment is very real. There is no plan to trade Jennings or even gauge his market value, as he is seen as the long-term solution and a firm foundation around which to build in Milwaukee.

If the Bucks are truly committed to keeping Jennings and not just throwing up a smokescreen to garner trade value, the team is making a brilliant move.

When looking for a reason why, it starts with the obvious: Jennings' abundant talent.

Of the players currently on the Bucks roster, only Jennings has a shot at becoming an All-Star on a yearly basis. The young guard has plenty of problems with his game, but the talent to become an elite point guard has always been there.

Jennings showing that brilliance early in the season only exemplifies the type of player he could become. Through two games, Jennings is averaging 17 points, 13 assists and four steals per game, the latter two of which both lead the NBA.

More importantly, though, he looks like a vastly improved jump shooter. It's obviously a minuscule sample size, but Jennings' shot looks smoother and he's shooting it with more confidence than years past.

Considering that the fourth-year guard has improved about two percent per season since joining the NBA, his first two games are only slightly above the average margin. If Jennings becomes a 45 percent shooter this season, look out because he could win the NBA's Most Improved Player Award.

All of that said, the overarching reason Milwaukee is smart for wanting to keep Jennings is more about retaining his potential than his on-the-court prowess.

Let's not be coy. Star free agents aren't exactly falling over themselves to play basketball in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I mean, even Jennings said that he was looking into big markets earlier this year.

The only way teams like the Bucks build is by finding talented players through the draft, surrounding them with fellow youngsters and developing a winning camaraderie. Or, as most NBA fans know it, the Oklahoma City Thunder model...before they decided the bottom line was more important than championships.

Even keeping a 2011-12 version of Jennings allows Milwaukee to keep hopes alive that the team is working on something similar.

The Bucks have a full season to evaluate nearly every member of their organization, starting with their general manager and working their way down to coach Scott Skiles to most of their talent on the court.

Don't be surprised if Jennings is the only one remaining when we tip off the 2013-14 season. And also don't be surprised if that decision is widely remembered as the one that turned the Bucks franchise around.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...andon-jennings

Not fond of bleacher report. But was looking for some gossip.

vCash
    Is Brandon Jennings all grown up?

Boston Celtics at Milwaukee Bucks, 8:30: The Bucks point guard matches up tonight against the NBA’s assist leader, Rajon Rondo. Last season, it would have been a clash of styles. But Jennings is shooting less and passing more. He has jumped from 5.5 assists a game last season to 9.5 through four games this year. With Monta Ellis in his first full season with the Bucks, Jennings is no longer the go-to scorer. But it’s more than that. Jennings was immature when he went to Italy instead of college for a year out of high school. He was immature when he went to Milwaukee, the 10th pick of the 2009 draft. He was immature when he dropped 55 points against the Golden State Warriors as a rookie. Jennings is a gifted passer, shown in his nine-assist McDonald’s All-American Game performance. His shot selection noticably improved after Ellis arrived last season, and his passing has caught up this year. Jennings never will defer like Rondo, but he is becoming a real point guard.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/tonights-n...ings-grown-up/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast