Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Post JSO:Jennings would like to sign a extension

Brandon Jennings is looking for a new deal as he enters the final year of his rookie contract with the Bucks.

"It would be something I’d love to get done with and over with so I don’t have to worry about it," Jennings said of the contract extension. "But the main thing is just to come into training camp a better player, a better leader ... just lead the team to the playoffs."

Like Jennings, both head coach Scott Skiles and general manager John Hammond have not received contract extensions and are entering the final year of their deals.

"To be honest, I think everybody is (feeling pressure)," Jennings said. "We’re all on the bubble right now, because we need to win. There’s going to be a lot of pressure on all of us, not just the coaching staff or the GM. We all know this could be it so we need to turn it around right now."

-JSonline

I hope he gets less then $10M per though. Was hoping around $8M per like Ersan. But we would have to hurry and sign him now. I can see him and Ellis exploding in final year. Well Ellis has a player option. He can opt out but hard to say what the market would go next year. Not sure he gets more then $11M per. I'm sure a longer deal around $10M per for Ellis would keep him happy.

vCash
    After watching what Ersan did for the last few years, and then seeing that he got almost 8 a year, I'd have no problem with Jennings getting 9-10 a year based on his play and his potential.

Are we going to overpay him? Without a doubt, but can we really afford not to?
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I hate to see Jennings getting over $8M or $9M. Cause once Mo Williams got similar deal we traded him just as quick as he signed it.

vCash
    his value is 8-10 mil a year but realistically they might have to sign him close to the max which i think is like 14 mil a year, i think after his deal im going to be shaking my head at the bucks

vCash
    If he gets $14M. He will hold the Bucks back. Especially small market Milwaukee. Him taking to much wont help cap wise or lure anyone else here even though not many wanna come here unless way over paid scrubs are about it. We pretty much have to draft smart and farm them then if they want to much then sign and trade for more young assets. Think of the Brewers before the new owner.

vCash
    I hope they give him it but don't overpay. Overpay then he demands a trade in two years. But no one will trade for him cause no one wants his contract. I'm still on the fence about Jennings' intentions regarding 'wanting' to stay here.

vCash
    idk i think he still can become better and he will be a great player with our young core to have jennings lamb harris ekpe henson sanders thats a nice core and decent starting line up a few years down....
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    The kid is a must sign. Yea hes probably going to get more than hes worth, but lets face it all of these guys are overpaid. I think resigning Jennings, gives us a little more to try and keep monte as well. Doesn't hurt.

vCash
    Monta is not going to be cheap. he is going to get a lot of attention.

vCash

vCash
    sign him if ellis walks we'll have cap to get another player if we keep him and dont trade him or else get more help for bj from monta trade
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    According to Jennings agent Bill Duffy. Jennings hasnt been presented with a offer yet from the Bucks according to Journaltimes/Woelfel. Then the article also mentions the dollar amounts other top caliber pg's make. Then they mention Ty Lawson and 4 years/$45M. About $11.2M per. Thats about where Jennings might fall.

vCash
    sounds about right

vCash
    Brandon Jennings – Milwaukee Bucks

Brandon’s agent said recently that Milwaukee hasn’t even presented an offer to Brandon on a new deal, which is not surprising. Virtually everyone in Milwaukee is on on the final year of their deal from the front office to the coaching staff to a large number of the players. It seems ownership has drawn the line for this group that making the playoffs has to happen or major change is coming. Sources close to the process say that Jennings is far from secure in Milwaukee and that trading him has come up a number of times but the team has yet to find an offer they’d do. With talks all but non-existent on an extension its more likely that Jennings is headed for restricted free agency if he isn’t traded before the Feb. 21 trade deadline. A lot of that will be based on how consistent he can be this season and whether he can be part of a team headed to the post-season. If it’s the same up and down Bucks squad that struggles to be consistent, trading Jennings could be very likely.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-ext...9-draft-class/

vCash
    In the pre-season so far, a lot of players are not playing like it is a contract year for them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast