Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Did the Jets make a mistake into giving Sanchez a contract extension?

Should they have waited, and make him earn it? Is it the reason why he has regressed? Thoughts....

vCash
    I think it depends on a lot of things, but I'm leaning towards yes. He's now essentially a 2 year stop gap instead of 1. Maybe their looking far ahead, but I'm not counting on that.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Might have been a mistake considering the season he's had so far, but I really don't see any other option for them right now. I don't want to start this off as a Tebow thread, but I just don't see him fixing things in NY.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    I think it depends on a lot of things, but I'm leaning towards yes. He's now essentially a 2 year stop gap instead of 1. Maybe their looking far ahead, but I'm not counting on that.
    My thing is, what did he do to deserve it? He wasn't great last year, he didn't get you guys to the playoffs, he was absolutely horrible against the Dolphins the last week of last season.

vCash
    didnt they just give him the extension to lower his current cap hit? it wasn't an extension because they believed in him long term. it was an "extension" purely to save cap room this year IIRC.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    didnt they just give him the extension to lower his current cap hit? it wasn't an extension because they believed in him long term. it was an "extension" purely to save cap room this year IIRC.
    They graneteed him 20 million dollars and the contract now comes out to 5 years 58 million dollars

vCash
    Yes. Although everyone around him sucks to.

vCash
    I just looked it up, after next season none of the extension is even guaranteed so they can cut him whenever they want for no cap penalty at that point. the only difference is that he will get 2.75 million more next season than he would have gotten before. they did the extension because if he works out as a franchise QB they will have him fairly cheap for 2014 and 2015....but if he doesnt work out they can cut him those years anyways with no penalty.

vCash
    Lol they made a mistake in drafting him
    ...Russell Westbrook is a chucker

Russell Westbrook's response, "If das whacha say bruh"

vCash
    I just looked it up, after next season none of the extension is even guaranteed so they can cut him whenever they want for no cap penalty at that point. the only difference is that he will get 2.75 million more next season than he would have gotten before. they did the extension because if he works out as a franchise QB they will have him fairly cheap for 2014 and 2015....but if he doesnt work out they can cut him those years anyways with no penalty.
    This.

It'd be a win win for the Jets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    They graneteed him 20 million dollars and the contract now comes out to 5 years 58 million dollars
    he was going to be on the team next year regardless....so essentially he was already "guaranteed" that money. the only difference is he will now make 2.75 million more next season than he would have before. after that they can cut him with no penalty. it was basically a phony extension. all they did was give him a 2.75 million raise next year as he was going to be on the team next year pretty much no matter what.

vCash
    absolutely
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

vCash
    here's an article on it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...t-all-it-seems

In 2012, Sanchez will make the same money ($11.75 million) he was set to earn before the extension. The difference is how it pays out: According to NationalFootballPost.com, Sanchez will now receive an $8 million signing bonus and a $3.25 million guaranteed salary, along with an offseason workout bonus of $500,000. The bonus is spread over the five remaining years of the deal, saving $6.4 million against the Jets' cap.
    Like I said, fake extension to save them money this year. There's little to no risk in the deal for the Jets, other than being forced to keep him around 1 extra season (next year), which was probably gong to happen anyways.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 10-01-2012 at 03:41 PM.

vCash
    It was a ******** extension in that he probably isn't going to get that money. As far as i'm concerned it is just an insult to their fanbase.

vCash
    here's an article on it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...t-all-it-seems

Like I said, fake extension to save them money this year. There's little to no risk in the deal for the Jets, other than being forced to keep him around 1 extra season (next year), which was probably gong to happen anyways.
    Bingo.

Nobody understood this when it first was signed, they jumped to wild conclusions.

It sucks their stuck with him for an extra year if he continues to regress, but now they can just ditch him with no penalty after next season.
    Go Knicks!

All time

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast