Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Lubomir Visnovsky escapes serious injury after crashing Ferrari

On Saturday, Visnovsky took part in a race at the Automotodróm Slovakia Ring motor circuit and crashed his Ferrari into a barrier head on, destroying the front of the car, as you see above.
    From the Slovakia Ring Facebook page (translated):
    "D4 division strongest race cars with engine capacity of 2000 cm3 were terminated early. This happened after the accident Ľuba Višňovský on his Ferrari at the exit of the second bend mishandled control at high speed and crashed head-on into a barrier. Fortunately escaped without any serious injuries, but the race has been canceled and the program will continue another competition."
    From Pravda (translated):
    "It happened in the 1st round at high speed when coming in the second turn. Lubo mishandled management, widely and went after the collision he was taken to the medical center. Fortunately okay. Was at high speed, but these cars are safe and barrier also served its purpose."

The Islanders released this statement on Saturday:
    "It was reported earlier today that defenseman, Lubomir Visnovsky was in an automobile accident, taking place in Slovakia.**Below is a brief statement from Islanders General Manager, Garth Snow about the situation.
    "I have spoken directly with Lubomir, and am pleased to report that he did not suffer any serious injuries."
    The race was part of FIA GT1 World Championship series featuring top luxury car brands such as Ferrari and Lamborghini. Visnovsky was participating in a competition with engines with a capacity higher than 2.0 L.
    Sports.yahoo

vCash
    Hope he's okay. Any info on the his dispute with the trade or anything? Will he even suit up for us this year?

vCash
    These guys will literally do anything to avoid coming to the Islanders
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    These guys will literally do anything to avoid coming to the Islanders
    lol!

vCash
    ^His hearing will take place on September 4th... As much as people may be angry at him.. i want the arbitrator to rule in our favor, he's a good dman and we cant afford to lose him because of this stupid crap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Kmo, if the arbitrator does rule in his favor, will we at least get our 2nd round pick back from the Ducks? (not that I want this to happen just wondering because I dont want us to be robbed of vis and our draft pick)

vCash
    I'm pretty sure we'd have to get our pick back
    SPACE

vCash
    ^We would but Id rathe rhave Visnovsky than that pick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!