Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

ELI5: What's up with the Indians' logo?

Hi.... I'm more of a basketball fan, but I have a friend who is trying to turn me onto baseball. I noticed that the Cleveland Indians have an odd logo. It seems like a caricature of of a Native American, but the team is called 'Indians'? Does Cleveland have a large population of of immigrants from India? Shouldn't the logo maybe try to invoke some images from Bollywood or feature a person with a perhaps a turban, or a shalwar karmeez? Maybe the team colours should be orange, white and green, like the Indian flag. Maybe the mascot should carry a Kanga, Kara and Kirpan. Or perhaps Ganesha could be the mascot?

I dunno. I just don't get it. It seems like something is amiss here. For a team called the 'Indians', there seems to be an utter lack of any element of Indian culture in team's iconography.

Please explain.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

ELI5: What's up with the Indians' logo?

Indians = Native Americans
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Nice troll job. Everybody knows what chief wahoo is. Cleveland knows wahoo is offensive and that is why it's being phased out.

might as well make Lebron the logo.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P GRAM (PSD LEGEND)

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

The Indians logo is one of the nicest ones in baseball IMO, I can see though how it may offend people though.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

Good try.

Can't tell if serious but definitely not threadworthy and more likely a troll fest.