Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10 View Post
    i agree with what you're saying, but i'm curious to see how much of a drop off there could be on defense with iggy gone now.
    it'll be a huge drop off iggy was the heart of that team thats why i never understood why his name always came up in trade rumors but i will say this i would do bynum for iggy 10 out of 10 times great trade maybe not this year but if the sixers get harden watch out cuz then they could start saying ther the best team in that division and a contender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by XpLiCiTT View Post
    Yes, that's right everyone, according to me he is the "Lebran" James of Philadelphia, and will never rest. You heard it here first, exactly what I said.
    He's talking about Evan Turner
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8V_ww6ZP_k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    adjusted per 36 minutes Turner averages .5 more rebounds. Thats one more every other game on average. Give it up
    All I originally said was: Fields is a better shooter (sadly), Turner is a better ball handler/rebounder/playmaker...all of which is true.

You chose to nitpick..i wasn't trying to say there is a huge, unbelievable difference in terms of rebounding. With that said Fields played 2 more mpg last year than Evan and evan averaged 1.6 more rebounds.

Also, my original point was that is a poor comparison, I really don't think their games resemble each others very much.
    Last edited by XpLiCiTT; 08-21-2012 at 08:50 PM.

vCash
    All I originally said was: Fields is a better shooter (sadly), Turner is a better ball handler/rebounder/playmaker...all of which is true.

You chose to nitpick..i wasn't trying to say there is a huge, unbelievable difference
    turner>fields
    take it from somebody who has seen him play since his rookie year dude had a great first half of his rookie year and then he fell off hard he sucks now and he is just another overpaid nba player thanks to the raptors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, that's right everyone, according to me he is the "Lebran" James of Philadelphia, and will never rest. You heard it here first, exactly what I said.

vCash

You chose to nitpick..i wasn't trying to say there is a huge, unbelievable difference in terms of rebounding. With that said Fields played 2 more mpg last year than Evan and evan averaged 1.6 more rebounds.

Also, my original point was that is a poor comparison, I really don't think their games resemble each others very much.
    I was comparing their career numbers, a bigger sample size than just 1 shortened season.

And i didn't nitpick... you said Turner was much better than him in those areas. I proved that incorrect. Don't get butthurt. In terms of overall numbers and production, it is a fair comparison and that really can't be argued. They also have very similar physical builds. I understand why you wouldn't want it to be true, especially since he was the 6ers number 2 overall pick.
    Last edited by KnickaBocka.44; 08-21-2012 at 09:10 PM.

vCash
    lol Knicks fans forget that without Lin taking over for like 10 games, they aren't even IN the playoffs. "No, we're the best team in the league." No, you are a fringe playoff team. The Knicks will never be a top 5 seed unless Melo and Amare learn to run the pick and roll together.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    I was comparing their career numbers, a bigger sample size than just 1 shortened season.

And i didn't nitpick... you said Turner was much better than him. I proved that incorrect. Don't get butthurt. In terms of overall numbers and production, it is a fair comparison and that really can't be argued.
    Yeah real fair comparison when Fields has started 109 more games than turner and has a career average of 6 more MPG. You didn't prove anything incorrect. For the 3rd time, I said: Fields is a better shooter, Turner is a better rebounder/playmaker/ballhandler. What did you prove incorrect?

vCash
    Yeah real fair comparison when Fields has started 109 more games than turner and has a career average of 6 more MPG. You didn't prove anything incorrect. For the 3rd time, I said: Fields is a better shooter, Turner is a better rebounder/playmaker/ballhandler. What did you prove incorrect?
    And the stats i showed you were per 36 minutes, which means that the numbers are adjusted to eliminate any difference in playing time. And starts have nothing to do with anything, sorry to burst your bubble.

I proved that he is not a much better rebounder than Fields, because originally you said he was " a much better rebounder/playmaker/ballhandler" 1 or 2 of which could be true.

My overall point being that Evan Turner is not as good as people seem to think he is because he compares closely to Landry Fields.
    Last edited by KnickaBocka.44; 08-21-2012 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenonsense View Post
    lol Knicks fans forget that without Lin taking over for like 10 games, they aren't even IN the playoffs. "No, we're the best team in the league." No, you are a fringe playoff team. The Knicks will never be a top 5 seed unless Melo and Amare learn to run the pick and roll together.
    actually we were still under 500 when woody took over and like in tenth place and then we went 18 6 and jumped all the way up to the 7th seed bcuz melo put the team on his back while the sixers fell from 3rd all the way to 8th barely making the playoffs if the bucks just won a couple more games the sixers would have been out but thanks for the insight buddy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    And the stats i showed you were per 36 minutes, which means that the numbers are adjusted to eliminate any difference in playing time. And starts have nothing to do with anything, sorry to burst your bubble.

I proved that he is not a much better rebounder than Fields.

My overall point being that Evan Turner is not as good as people seem to think he is because he compares closely to Landry Fields.
    Per 36 minutes, which means that the numbers are adjusted to eliminate any difference in playing time, last year, Evan Turner averaged 2.6 more rebounds than Landry Fields.

vCash

I proved that he is not a much better rebounder than Fields, because originally you said he was " a much better rebounder/playmaker/ballhandler" 1 or 2 of which could be true.

no no according to him he's the lebran james of philly he'll play starting sg and back up pg for the whole game with no rest shyt if bynum goes down who cares he can play back up center and they'll just start kwame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Per 36 minutes, which means that the numbers are adjusted to eliminate any difference in playing time, last year, Evan Turner averaged 2.6 more rebounds than Landry Fields.
    See, what you're doing here is using his best year instead of the career numbers.
    Last edited by KnickaBocka.44; 08-21-2012 at 09:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbush knicks View Post
    no no according to him he's the lebran james of philly he'll play starting sg and back up pg for the whole game with no rest shyt if bynum goes down who cares he can play back up center and they'll just start kwame

Jesus christ you are dumb.

vCash
    no, he averaged 1.6 more. Your math is even worse than I thought.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...fieldla01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...turneev01.html

Please go to "Per 36 Minutes", go to total rebounds for the season of 2011-12, compare them, and then tell me my math is worse than you thought

hahaha, nice quick edit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    Finally a sane knicks fan. Thanks for your eloquent response, but I'm going to have to disagree because I just don't think Kidd, Camby, Felton, Brewer, and Kurt Thomas of all people will be the Knicks key to elite status.
    It's addition by addition AND Subtraction. This I believe is why people undervalue the Knicks offseason.
    1. Mike Dantoni and his ridiculous no defense offense is GONE. In Chicago Thibs has a very untalented team (besides Rose) head of the east each year. How? Rose & Defense. That's it. So Subtract Dantoni and add mike Woodson. Woody at 18-6 totally turned everything around. Triple that record and you're at 54-18. That's Thibs type basketball. You may say unlikely...but why not? Add Woodson and his defensive type philosophy......completely different team.

2. Players that left....fields, Lin, bibby, Douglas, Jorts, Jordan, Davis, jefferies...other than Lin and maybe fields.....garbage, all of them players that were brought in Camby, Kidd, Thomas, Felton, Pragioni, brewer....all have specific roles and can all play defense. People need to stop thinking Camby is counted on to play 40 minutes a Night. He and Thomas are a minute here and there types. End of game enforcement types. Knicks flat out got better. In the team concept.

3. Amare, hurt all year, was brutal. Still 17 & 8. Look for him at only 29 years old to be unbelievable once again. Finally healthy....gonna be a good year for Stat. That's 29 btw not 39.

4. Melo, remember him? So disrespected, this year he finally puts it together with the Knicks. Fully healthy, full camp, veteran team, solid PG play....trust me you are undervaluing wht the Knicks did in he summer.

5. Jr smith. Playing in china, came over, forced into the lineup, never got it going. As the starting SG on this talented squad, expect a Good year.

6. Good solid bench, great depth all around when shumpert gets back.

7. Tyson chandler probably the most important knick.
    Last edited by Captain Moroni; 08-21-2012 at 09:33 PM.

vCash

Jesus christ you are dumb.
    If he is dumb then you should be brought out to pasture.

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast