Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Chicago Blackhawks Fan Introduction Thread

Hello, and welcome to the Chicago Blackhawks Forum. We would like to welcome all Chicago fans to come in and be active, and support the NHL Franchise. Whether you are a die-hard Hockey fan, Blackhawks fan, or new fan of the sport all are welcome to join, dont be shy

Favorite Player:
    Favorite Player All Time:
    Fan Since:
    Favorite Blackhawks Moment:
    Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment:
    Also let us know if your interested in creating Game Threads, posting news, Etc. Also if you have any ideas to add to the forum discussion, just let Boom!, W1ndyc1tyflyer, or myself know.
    Last edited by icehogfan08; 08-08-2011 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Favorite Player: Patrick Kane and Jonathon Toews
    Favorite Player All Time:Bobby Hull (never saw him play, too young :P, but met him when I was just a boy)
    Fan Since:My Dad has always been a Hawks fan, I watched when I was younger but after the NHL lockout I sorta lost interest. Came back to it before the Cup season, Winter classic really brought me back.
    Favorite Blackhawks Moment: Winter Classic/Cup championship
    Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: Kaner's game winning goal.
    Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.

vCash
    ^^^ Forte, thanks for getting us going. I'm looking forward to a fun year with everyone in this forum. We definitely gained some steam and I have seen a lot more quality posters stick around. I would encourage everyone to fill out this form again when you get the chance.

vCash
    Favorite Player: Toews or Keith. I think Toews is a one in a million type of player, a Stevie Y player...and he is living up to the hype. Toews can do it all and when I think of how to describe him, I just think about game 7 last year when the Blackhawks were down 0 - 1 and Toews beat basically 4 Vancouver guys, while shorthanded, to score the tying goal in the last minutes of the game. He will do it all to win. Keith just blows me away with his speed, the guy can flat out fly. I think he was a little fatigued last year, so I can't wait to see him bounce back.

Favorite Player All Time: Jeremy Roenick. Loved how he played and the personality he had off the ice. He was great for the city of Chicago.

Fan Since: The day I was born. Dad has had season tickets for over 20+ years and I've been playing hockey since the age of 3.

Favorite Blackhawks Moment: Winning the Stanley Cup. Nothing else like it.

Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: Coming back from 5 goals to beat Calgary in a regular season game.

vCash
    ^^thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to this season. Another reason why Fall rocks, Football, Baseball playoffs, Hockey starting. Just awesome!
    Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.

vCash
    Favorite Player: Toews. He is the reason hockey is once again relevant in Chicago. He's on his way to becoming one of the greatest captains in Blackhawks history.

Favorite Player All Time: Tony Amonte. I loved everything about him, my favorite memory of him was in 96 at the World Cup of Hockey when he scored the game winning goal to beat team Canada with only a couple of minutes left. I wish he won a cup here.

Fan Since: I was born in 1981, but only really remember starting to watch hockey in probably the 1990 season. I really got into it when they had the All-Star game in Chicago that season too. That was a great era to start watching the Hawks.

Favorite Blackhawks Moment: I hate to say it, but when Bill Wirtz passed on, the Blackhawks went from the worst organization in professional sports to now one of the biggest commodities in sports.

Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: My wife and I had a vacation to Key West, Florida planned for months. Who would have thought we watched the final two games of the Stanley Cup on a tropical island? haha!
    And who would have thought that 80% of that Island was Flyers fans direct from Philly. Trust me, if you ever go down there, half the bars have Eagles and Flyers stuff in it. Nothing will beat that memory for me of watching Kane score, and running out into the middle of the street, wearing a Hawks jersey in 90* heat and yelling at the top of my lungs
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Favorite Player: Patrick Kane & Jonathon Toews

Favorite Player All Time: Jeremy Roenick

Fan Since: '94 (the only year I played hockey, I moved onto football, baseball, etc...one of my biggest regrets not staying with hockey)

Favorite Blackhawks Moment: 2010 Stanley Cup Championship

Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: Jumping up first in my living room saying we won the cup when no one else noticed Kanes puck go in the net!

vCash
    Favorite Player: Jonathan Toews, Davey Bolland & DK.

Favorite Player All-Time: Jeremy Roenick

Fan Since: I was 4yrs old. Became a even bigger fan when my mama (RIP) took me to the old Chicago Stadium for my 5th birthday.

Favorite Blackhawk Moment: Being at the game when Roenick scored 4 goals vs the Winnipeg Jets.

Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: Going to Game 5 vs NSH in Rd.1 of the playoffs. Watching Kaner tie the game with 13 sec left in regulation, and then witnessing Hossa clinch the game in OT for his 1st playoffs goal as a Chicago Blackhawk. Watching them win the Stanley Cup and then being able to hold, kiss, hug and drink out of Lord Stanley's Cup at the Chicago Blackhawks Convention! (Hense my sig below. vvvv )
    Last edited by HAWKS.NO27; 08-10-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash
    Favorite Player: Jonathan Toews

Favorite Player All Time: Ed Belfour

Fan Since: 1993, when I got NHL 94' for Sega Genesis. After that I was hooked on hockey and the Hawks.

Favorite Blackhawk Moment: My first Hawks game with my wife. She has been hooked ever since going.

Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: Hands down Kaners cup clinching goal. Everyone in the bar going nuts, the bar owner playing Chelsea Dagger 5 times in a row and breaking out the champagne for everyone. Amazing.

vCash

Favorite Player All Time: I'd have to say Jonathan Toews again. I love the way he leads this team and his determination. What sums it up is the game tieing goal against Vancouver in game seven this year.

Fan Since: I could remember. Started skating since I was 3 and playing since I was 8.

Favorite Blackhawks Moment: Seeing the Hawks beat Vancouver in the 2010 playoffs.

Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: Come back versus Nashville in game five.

vCash
    Favorite Player All Time: Bobby Hull. He was before my time but watching highlights of him play is just amazing to me. He was also my dads favorite player next to Bobby Orr so growing up I heard a lot of stories about him
    Fan Since: Blackhawks fan since I could remember for over 20 years. My dad would always talk about hockey so since I could remember I heard about the Madhouse on Madison even though I was never able to attend a game there since I was to young.
    Favorite Blackhawks Moment: Sitting at my friends house as Kane scored the game winning goal. I was confused and excited so I was yelling to have them finally say it was a goal. When they finally said it was good I just remember all of us in excitement after waiting for so long to finally see the cup in Chicago.
    Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: It would have to be Hossa's goal in OT after having the boarding major. I was in the car on my way from work to the bar so see the end of the game and I heard the penalty on Hossa on the radio so in my head I was just thinking the game was over since we were short handed with only minutes to go. But as soon as I got to the bar seeing Kane score and Hossa coming out after the penalty to win in OT was just amazing
    Last edited by Bleacher Bums; 08-11-2011 at 10:47 PM.

vCash
    Favorite Player: patrick sharp
    Favorite Player All Time: wayne gretzky
    Fan Since: early 90s, but i haven't started studying the game until 5 years ago.
    Favorite Blackhawks Moment: duncan keith's teeth
    Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: hoisting the cup
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Favorite Player: Seabs

Favorite Player All Time: Orr even though he barely played for us, becau he never cashed a Blackhawks paycheck, saying that that he didn't produce the way we expected him to so he didn't feel like he deserved the money. Bad ***...

Fan Since: The Whalers left Hartford and I was without a team.

Favorite Blackhawks Moment: Two shorties in one power play a few years ago

Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: Big Buff *****slapping Pronger.

vCash
    Training camp/Pre-season is just around the corner...hope we get all the regulars back and get this place rockin again! If you are new, let everyone here know a little about you!

vCash
    Favorite Player: Toews, Bolland, or Crawford.
    Favorite Player All Time: Amonte, Roenick, or Belfour.
    Fan Since: I was 5.
    Favorite Blackhawks Moment: The 2009, 2010, and 2011 playof series against the Canucks.
    Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment: It definitely had to be Game 5 of the Quarterfinals. It was just so surreal how Kane tied it with 13 seconds left, then Hossa goes from zero to hero by scoring the game winner. Being there makes it an even more amazing experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast