Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerseys You Own

vCash

Jerseys You Own

I figured this would be a nice break from the usual rumor threads. Pretty simple: what jerseys do you own? What jerseys are you thinking about buying? Who is most likely going to be the next jersey you'll buy? I'll start us off.

I own a Kane and a Toews jersey. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of buying a John Tavares, a Claude Giroux, a Jordan Eberle, a Dustin Brown, a Bobby Ryan (after he gets traded), a James Neal, and a Drew Doughty jersey. Jordan Eberle is probably going to be the next jersey I'll buy.

vCash
    I actually do not own a jersey for wearing. Just not for me for one reason or another. I do have a Hull jersey and Mikita jersey, both autographed, in glass hanging up.

I like the thread...but I love the fact that you are going for an Eberle jersey more. Love watching him play!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I actually do not own a jersey for wearing. Just not for me for one reason or another. I do have a Hull jersey and Mikita jersey, both autographed, in glass hanging up.

I like the thread...but I love the fact that you are going for an Eberle jersey more. Love watching him play!
    Eberle's a fantastic playmaker. He's got incredible vision and passing ability. He reminds me a lot of Kane, except he's bigger. Easily one of my favorite players to watch. He tore us up this year. He was pretty much an automatic powerplay assist.

It's not a jersey, but I also have a Mike Modano Minnesota North Stars jersey shirt that I picked up when I went to Minnesota. He and Brett Hull were part of the Stars during the first Stanley Cup I ever watched in 1999. It was also the first hockey game I ever watched and the reason to this day that I love hockey.

After Eberle, I'd probably say Bobby Ryan would be my next jersey. Watching him deke through defenders is a sight to see, like his goal against the Preds in last year's playoffs.

Edit: Also, I'm quite envious of your jersey collection. That's really cool.

vCash
    I wanted to get a Blackhawks sweater for sometime now but I think I will go with Roenick..he was my favorite player growing up and an awesome Blackhawk..

I don't really go the current player route because of how often guys get traded or leave via free agency.

vCash
    I'm a big fan of collecting older sports memoribilia, I have a really old Hawks jersey made by Starter, probably from the late 80s that I still rock around the house (Sleeves are a bit short, this thing must have been huge on me as a kid)

Also have a Dallas Stars jersey, Mike Modano was my favorite hockey player growing up. All of my ice skates and rollerblades had #9 on it, every time I've ever been in a rollerhockey league I've worn #9. He was my guy. I was sad to see him in Detroit, but don't even remember that part of his career. Guy was phenomenal.

Few other randoms I have, Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers, Super Mario OLLLLD Penguins, a Havlat Hawks jersey, Carbomb Hawks jersey, and a Brent Sopel jersey (I met him and even had it autographed have pics somewhere) haha!

I typically like to wear obscure players and jerseys that most people never see around...
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Here's a good question too...if you had to buy a jersey of a current NHL player not on the Blackhawks...who would it be?

For me...Dustin Brown. American and I absolutely love the way he plays hockey. He plays it the right way, 100% of the time.

vCash
    Great thread! Good fun to talk about while we wait for something, anything to happen along the CBA or preseason trade front.

I'm gonna expand my answer to include my family.

I ( like Boom!) have signed jerseys from Hull and Mikita, which are in display cases and hanging on a wall. I have a second, unsigned Hull jersey, which I wear to the games. Picked up a Duncan Keith knockoff for next to nothing, which I occasionally wear.

I gave my wife a Toews jersey for Christmas a couple years ago. Has since been signed. She wears it to games. I tell her often that it's the sexiest thing I've ever seen her in ( laughs)!

My 11 year old daughter has a (who else) Sharpie jersey, which is signed ( 4 hours in line at convention in 2009) and worn to games.

My 9 year old son has a Kaner jersey, which he got signed at the 2009 convention and wears to the games. He also has a Crosby jersey and a Brendan Morrow jersey, which were gifts from relatives who live in Dallas.

Again, cool thread!
    Last edited by Ort; 08-17-2012 at 01:28 PM.

vCash
    I own the Black Kane jersey (not the winter classic but the old alternates) and the Black Ice Toews jersey (the coolest Blackhawks jersey to date).

Both are fake jerseys but I could care less. Love em both.
    Cutlerized

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    I'm a big fan of collecting older sports memoribilia, I have a really old Hawks jersey made by Starter, probably from the late 80s that I still rock around the house (Sleeves are a bit short, this thing must have been huge on me as a kid)

Also have a Dallas Stars jersey, Mike Modano was my favorite hockey player growing up. All of my ice skates and rollerblades had #9 on it, every time I've ever been in a rollerhockey league I've worn #9. He was my guy. I was sad to see him in Detroit, but don't even remember that part of his career. Guy was phenomenal.

Few other randoms I have, Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers, Super Mario OLLLLD Penguins, a Havlat Hawks jersey, Carbomb Hawks jersey, and a Brent Sopel jersey (I met him and even had it autographed have pics somewhere) haha!

I typically like to wear obscure players and jerseys that most people never see around...
    This is awesome. Him and Brett Hull were my favorite players growing up. It was really hard seeing Brett Hull on those Red Wings teams of the early 2000s, but I still cheered for him, much like I cheered for Mark McGwire despite being a huge Cubs fan. You definitely have a pretty sweet collection.

I'll expand this even more and this is for everyone: what jersey shirts do you own? Which ones are you looking to buy?

For me, I really want an Andrew Shaw jersey shirt. I really like watching this kid and he always gives 100%. I'd also like to get a Carbomb shirt. If he can play similar to the way he did before getting hurt, I think he's a big piece in getting us past the first round.

As far as non-Hawks, I'll probably get a number of the guy I had listed for jerseys as well as a few other players. Maybe a Nicklas Backstrom, a Griffin Reinhart (when he comes up), a Sean Couturier, a Carey Price, a Steven Stamkos, and an M-Pac (Max Pacioretty) shirt.

vCash
    I have a Buff (Home), Hull (Home), Toews (Home), Kane (Winter Classic), and Keith (Road). I also have a Ladd Winnipeg Jets jersey that I bought last summer. That one got a LOT of compliments all summer haha. I'm not big on buying sweaters for other teams normally, but if I had to pick one to buy...Dustin Brown would be a great choice.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

vCash
    Sweaters I own: All Authentics (can't stand those $50/$75 Chinese knockoffs)

91-92: CCM Maska Hawks (Red)
    91-92: CCM Maska Hawks (White) Jeremy Roenick w/ A
    91-92: CCM Maska Hawks (Barber Pole w/ NHL 75th Anniversary path)
    94-95: Nike Hawks (White) Jeremy Roenick
    09-10: Winter Classic Dunkan Keith w/ A & Winter Classic patch.
    09-10: Reebok Hawks (Red) Jonathan Toews w/ C & Stanley Cup patch.

Sweaters signed:

95-96: CCM Hawks (White) Jeremy Roenick - signature & inscription "Always a Chicago Blackhawk!"
    91-92: CCM Maska Hawks (White) Bobby Hull, Denis Savard, Stan Mikita, Pierre Pilote, Tony Esposito, Glenn Hall (all w/ HHOF) Chris Chelios & Jeremy Roenick.
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash
    i have a two kanes, st pattys day and winter classic(one was won in a raffle at a bar) a sharpie alternate and a keith home red.

vCash
    Esposito and Toews
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Esposito and Toews
    I think one of the reasons I have always been hesistant to buy a nice jersey is because the player could basically leave at anytime via trade, free agency, etc.

With that being said, I would definitely go with a Toews if I had to choose a current player on the Blackhawks. If he isn't a lifer, then something is severely wrong with the Blackhawks, the NHL, and hockey as a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I think one of the reasons I have always been hesistant to buy a nice jersey is because the player could basically leave at anytime via trade, free agency, etc.

With that being said, I would definitely go with a Toews if I had to choose a current player on the Blackhawks. If he isn't a lifer, then something is severely wrong with the Blackhawks, the NHL, and hockey as a whole.
    I think it's a safe bet to go with Toews. I think if he ever does leave the Hawks, it will be a Mike Modano situation where he can barely play anymore but he still wants to play.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast