Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,732
    vCash
    1500
    The problem is Gee and Santana have no value right now.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,139
    vCash
    1500
    I got two words for ya.... DANIEL MURPHY

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,139
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    The problem is Gee and Santana have no value right now.
    Santana is about as valuable as a 1988 Gregg Jefferies Rookie card.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Santana is about as valuable as a 1988 Gregg Jefferies Rookie card.
    I actually have one, but I believe its a 1989 card.
    It's in a milkcrate in my cellar.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Sentinel Island
    Posts
    5,123
    vCash
    1500
    What are your thoughts on Valdespin Mets fans? (Sorry if this has been brought up I didn't read all the posts). The guy seems to have some life in that bat of his, and if he can make the transition and turn into a solid OF'er, and give you say 20+ homers, he's a guy you would normally pay 10+ million for, but for close to league minimum.
    FC Bayern Munchen

    New York Yankees
    81-77



    G: 142 | AVG: .253| HR: 4| RBI: 46| OBP: .301 | SLG: .309 | wOBA: .276 | wRC: 71

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    661
    vCash
    1500

    2 base

    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    What are your thoughts on Valdespin Mets fans? (Sorry if this has been brought up I didn't read all the posts). The guy seems to have some life in that bat of his, and if he can make the transition and turn into a solid OF'er, and give you say 20+ homers, he's a guy you would normally pay 10+ million for, but for close to league minimum.
    I rather have him at 2 base.His bat would be nice at 2 base and i think he could play solid defense their too.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    661
    vCash
    1500
    ^Also i would sign connor jackson and put him in right field.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    I've heard the name Conor Jackson way too much, and I believe I've only heard it twice. He hasn't even played a game in the majors this year. His last good year was in 2008. He's been awful since then, so why should he get significant time in a major league outfield?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,060
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I've heard the name Conor Jackson way too much, and I believe I've only heard it twice. He hasn't even played a game in the majors this year. His last good year was in 2008. He's been awful since then, so why should he get significant time in a major league outfield?
    Because I have HIS rookie card, and I'd like to get my dollar back.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,139
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I actually have one, but I believe its a 1989 card.
    It's in a milkcrate in my cellar.
    Between Elster and Jefferies I would have done anything and went to jail to get any of their rookie cards now I should just turn myself in for being that dumb.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,060
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Between Elster and Jefferies I would have done anything and went to jail to get any of their rookie cards now I should just turn myself in for being that dumb.
    I got Jefferies H.S. yearbook. Guess who else was in it...Barry Bonds.

    I went through a phase where I collected H.S. yearbooks. I'd call up the school, ask if they had any laying around, and offer to make a $25 to $50 donation. I had Darryl's, Ricky Henderson's, Mattingly, Will Clark, Dave Magadan, even Lou Pinella's plus others I cant remember any more. Oh yeah...Rafael Palmeiro was another one.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I got Jefferies H.S. yearbook. Guess who else was in it...Barry Bonds.

    I went through a phase where I collected H.S. yearbooks. I'd call up the school, ask if they had any laying around, and offer to make a $25 to $50 donation. I had Darryl's, Ricky Henderson's, Mattingly, Will Clark, Dave Magadan, even Lou Pinella's plus others I cant remember any more. Oh yeah...Rafael Palmeiro was another one.
    That's just creepy.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Born in Brooklyn, New Jersey now.
    Posts
    1,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I got Jefferies H.S. yearbook. Guess who else was in it...Barry Bonds.

    I went through a phase where I collected H.S. yearbooks. I'd call up the school, ask if they had any laying around, and offer to make a $25 to $50 donation. I had Darryl's, Ricky Henderson's, Mattingly, Will Clark, Dave Magadan, even Lou Pinella's plus others I cant remember any more. Oh yeah...Rafael Palmeiro was another one.
    Is collecting high school year books somehow the answer to our outfield problems? Or am I missing something? lol
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •