Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bucs Release First Unofficial Depth Chart

Rotoworld:

The Bucs released their first unofficial depth chart and listed Luke Stocker as the starting tight end.
    As expected. Stocker has the most talent of the Bucs' shallow stable of tight ends that also includes Tom Crabtree, Zach Miller, Danny Noble, and Nate Byham.
    Leonard Johnson is listed as the Bucs' starting corner opposite Darrelle Revis on the team's first unofficial depth chart.
    Johnson is ahead of second-round rookie Johnthan Banks. It could be based on seniority, but there's also a real chance Johnson is viewed in-house as the favorite to man the right corner spot. He's a smallish, slowish, short-armed cover corner, but Johnson is a very willing tackler and packs a punch.

vCash

Bucs Release First Unofficial Depth Chart

http://www.buccaneers.com/team-and-s...pth-chart.html

What do you guys think? What surprised you from this first depth chart?

vCash
    ^^^ only first list, likely won't be that way never ends that way... Don't like it!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Not a fan of a few of those moves!

vCash
    I think this is the basis for a veteran first depth chart. I think in the end Spence will beat out Gibson.

Also Melvin, Adams, and Gorrer, are going to be crucial this year in a conjoined effort for corner across from Revis. They must find the a solid group of guys that can lock down that other side of the field. I see that Leonard has beaten out Banks, but I think that that's completely interchangeable for different plays. Obviously they are saying that Leonard's got one year on Banks. Banks needs to go out and earn his spot this Pre Season.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I like that Glennon has already surpassed Orlovsky on the depth chart. I'm not a fan of keeping three quarterbacks. I think keeping an extra receiver or defensive back is more beneficial than having Orlovsky hold a clipboard for the entire year.

If Leonard and Hillis are fighting for the same spot, Hillis has a lot of catching up to do. Leonard is second string right now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Leonard is dependable and consistent.

I'm happy to see Owusu ranked fairly high on the depth chart. He's improved and deserves to make the team IMO.

vCash
    ^ Looked at the depth chart today. Here is my 53 man prediction going into week 1 against the Jets (expecting no injuries of course)

QB- 1. Freeman 2. Glennon
    RB- 2. Martin 2. Leonard 3. M. James 4. M. Smith
    FB- 1. Lorig
    WR- 1. V. Jackson 2. M. Williams 3. K. Ogltree 4. C. Owusu 5. T. Underwood 6. E. Page
    LT- 1. Penn
    LG- 1. C. Nicks 2. C. Wallace
    C- 1. Zuttah 2. Larsen
    RG- 1. Joseph 2. Merideth
    RT- 1. Dotson 2. Carimi
    TE- 1. Stocker 2. Crabtree 3. N. Byman

LE- 1. Bowers 2. Teo-Nesheim
    DT- 1. McCoy 2. Landri
    DT- 1. Spence 2. Gibson
    RE- 1. Clayborn 2. W. Gholston 3. A. Morgan
    SLB- 1. Watson 2. Castillas
    MLB- 1. Foster 2. Goode
    WLB- 1. David 2. Hayward
    CB- 1. Revis 2. Banks 3. L. Johnson 4. Gorrer 5. Gaitor/R. Melvin/Tandy (2 of the 3)
    SS- 1. Barron 2. S. Baker
    FS- 1. Goldson 2. Black

P- M. Konhan
    K- L. Tynes
    LS- Economis

vCash
    I can dig it

vCash
    I think just by looking at the depth you can clearly see we cannot afford to lose a defensive lineman or our run stopping and pass rushing may turn into last year's secondary. I do not feel comfortable with nearly a single one of them. That being said, if they can stay healthy, we may have one of the best defenses in the league. Hell, even a top 10 would get it done with our offense!
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Page is way down on the recievers list but first string punt returner...I wonder if his special teams contribution has.

I expect Spence and Banks to both start.. probably just trying to get them hungry.

I wanna see Gholston and/or Means step up and overtake Aaron Morgan.

Welcome To Tampa Vernon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    wish we could draft high schoolers straight to the NFL

jk but Hargreaves is going to be a beast...NFL Draft 2016 you have my choice .
    - 1/21/2013
    My Lavonte David PC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrews1469 View Post
    I think just by looking at the depth you can clearly see we cannot afford to lose a defensive lineman or our run stopping and pass rushing may turn into last year's secondary. I do not feel comfortable with nearly a single one of them. That being said, if they can stay healthy, we may have one of the best defenses in the league. Hell, even a top 10 would get it done with our offense!
    DTN is better than people give him credit for. He's nothing spectacular but he can definitely fill in if Clay or DB go down and play pretty well. Gibson could step in if necc.

I'm an optimist I guess

Secondary upgrades should give our pass rushers more time to get to the QB.

Welcome To Tampa Vernon!!!

wish we could draft high schoolers straight to the NFL

jk but Hargreaves is going to be a beast...NFL Draft 2016 you have my choice .
    - 1/21/2013
    My Lavonte David PC

vCash
    I keep reading that Banks is having trouble giving up plays but also makes great plays on the ball as well. I think he needs to be introduced into the starting role and not thrown out there opposite of Revis and getting torched. I think I like Banks better in zone and Johnson better for man to start. If we use nickel then bump Banks to the outside and Johnson in the slot. I think they have it right until Banks can prove he can hold his own and not give up plays bc QBs are going to be looking that way.

vCash
    DTN is better than people give him credit for. He's nothing spectacular but he can definitely fill in if Clay or DB go down and play pretty well. Gibson could step in if necc.

I'm an optimist I guess

Secondary upgrades should give our pass rushers more time to get to the QB.
    I like an optimist! I hope you are right.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Is Revis playing yet or is he anticipated to take the field for the first time Week 1?

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Is Revis playing yet or is he anticipated to take the field for the first time Week 1?
    This is the latest info I could find:

Bucs GM Mark Dominik told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio the club is considering playing Darrelle Revis (knee) in their third preseason game.
    "That would be three weeks ahead of schedule," Sal Pal reported. The Bucs initially intended to hold Revis out of game action until Week 1, so the expedited plan would indicate better-than-anticipated recovery. Revis progressed to 7-on-7 practice drills this week. He could graduate to 11-on-11s soon, and run with the starters in the all-important third exhibition. NFL teams treat the third preseason game like a regular season tuneup, often letting starters play more than a half.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast