Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1bui View Post
    It was the same inbounds play that lost us another game in that series. Carter was only in there because he had that "veteran" presence and Karl loved him. No reason the shortest player on the team should be inbounding the ball in clutch time.
    I also remember the second game when he couldn't inbound the ball but that didn't factor into the loss as much as the first turnover did and the fact that GK went to the play again with the same result when he had other options probably shows you that Coach Karl didn't believe in the teams talent as well or he is insane (you know that whole repeating the same behavior and expecting a different outcome thing).

Another indicator of the level of talent of that team is that not a single player from the 2008-2009 Denver Nuggets team is on the current version of the team. The Nuggets are however paying Chris Anderson so I guess technically the ghost of the Birdman is still around, yet to turnover an entire roster in 4 short years is simply amazing and remember the year before they gave up Marcus Camby for essentially nothing but relief from his contract.

Now don't get me wrong I am not saying that the 2008-2009 Denver Nuggets were a bunch of over achieving stiffs as they did manage to win two series to get to the WCF that year, but besides Melo and Chauncey there wasn't another dominant player on that team.

vCash
    Is the glass half full or half empty?

In all the talk of where the Denver Nuggets truly rank in the still improving Western Conference there is one thing that seems almost a given and that is that the play of the young Nuggets will almost certainly improve. But what if it doesn't, do you have the following:

A starting point guard who at times is sensational and then sometime invisible who made less assists then his backup last year.

A starting shooting guard who played a different position last year for another team and while a respected all around player and physical specimen only averaged 12.8 points for his previous team.

A small forward by committee whose members are often injured and where the most consistently healthy member is also going to be the odd man out.

A power forward with amazing talent who is a rebounding and shot blocking machine yet gets outmatched defensively and out sized by the opposing teams power forward far to much.

A center with transcendent talent that would and should place him among the leagues elite centers except for the fact that he has been labelled the dumbest player in the league.

A bench of talented underachievers who have yet established themselves in the league except for the aforementioned backup point guard.

And a coach who while universally respected has never gotten out of the conference final.

I am a fan and believe the glass is more than half full, but I am also a realist who remembers last year at this time when all the hype around the Nuggets had some analyst putting them as high as the second best team in the West. When the reality of the season hit there were times when it looked like they would be lottery bound only to rally, make the playoffs and push the Lakers to a game seven something they had never done in their moderately brief history.

vCash
    Just for giggles:
    Can't disagree with you on ty but his game is better if he scores first because he is attacking and is confident. Everything else usually falls into place when he is on his game attacking.

We don't need Iggy to come here and score 20 but I think he will score more than he did with the sixers. His presence on D will help immensely. Lets say we don't improve defensively with Iggy, he will still help by guarding players like Durant, Kobe, Westbrook (who we had problems with outside of Durant), and Chris Paul.

When Gallo was on his game we were second in the west. As long as Chandler is there if Gallo is not on his game we should be fine (instead of Karl playing Brewer late in games because Gallo was off)

Faried really does need to get better defensively but he held his own against the Lakers and outplayed Gasol at times. They ended up averaging the same I believe.

I believe Javale will have a break out season.

Chandler must take on what Al did for this team and score. Jham/brewer fighting for minutes and miller/centers makes this a great bench.

Karl did go to the finals but he never got out of the wcf with denver.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 08-25-2012 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    I look at Ty as more of a scoring PG. When he is scoring, the assists will come through pass outs or dump offs. I'm fine with him averaging 16-17 points per game with around 6-7 assists per game. If Chandler can stay healthy the whole year, he can easily match/outdo the scoring that Harrington provided. Chandler is more efficient and much better defender than Al. Faried has the disadvantage over majority of the PFs in the league due to his size but makes it up with his hustle. If he puts in the time, which I think he will, he should be able to improve.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/83...ence-champions

ESPN has us tied for 3rd in the West with the Spurs, below the Lakers and OKC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentzias View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/83...ence-champions

ESPN has us tied for 3rd in the West with the Spurs, below the Lakers and OKC.
    I participated in the voting for that. My vote:

Oklahoma City 62
    LA Lakers 60
    San Antonio 54
    Denver 52
    LA Clippers 51
    Memphis 50
    Dallas 47
    Utah 44

FWIW, they had us just vote in the wins for all the teams. The conference winners (etc.) are all extrapolated from that. I really wanted to put Denver above San Antonio, but until they prove otherwise, I'm done underestimating them. They somehow manage to pull it together every time.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Thinking of where the Nuggets rank slightly differently, here's what my reaction would be if they stayed healthy then ended up in...

1st - ecstatic
    2nd - thrilled
    3rd - extremely satisfied
    4th - satisfied
    5th - slightly but not too disappointed
    6th - disappointed
    7th - angry
    8th - disgusted
    lotto - smashing my computer with a sledgehammer
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post

Oklahoma City 62
    LA Lakers 60
    San Antonio 54
    Denver 52
    LA Clippers 51
    Memphis 50
    Dallas 47
    Utah 44

FWIW, they had us just vote in the wins for all the teams. The conference winners (etc.) are all extrapolated from that. I really wanted to put Denver above San Antonio, but until they prove otherwise, I'm done underestimating them. They somehow manage to pull it together every time.
    Den, I hope your next Roundball Mining Company article is about how you came up with your totals as I would find it very interesting. Also where do you have Minnesota at?

You can see that there are clearly 3 levels of teams in the Western conference; 2 teams vying for the top spot; 4 teams vying for home court in the 1st round and 3 teams vying for the last 2 spots into the playoffs. I would've switched the top two spots, but think you got it perfect with 3-6. I think Denver and Minnesota were tied for second in making changes for the betterment of their respective franchises and think Minnesota will displace Utah for the last playoff spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post

Oklahoma City 62
    LA Lakers 60
    San Antonio 54
    Denver 52
    LA Clippers 51
    Memphis 50
    Dallas 47
    Utah 44

You need to have them correct your credit. They have you as "denbetsu."

I was wondering how the formula worked, with Denver being tied with fewer wins.

vCash
    I read your Brewer article and it enticed me. I like Brewer as a back up for injuries but I wouldn't mind him playing behind iggy in that sg position for 10-15 minutes. Those minutes will probably go to miller and unless Karl wants to play ty, miller, and iggy on at the same time then Gallo will have to play more pf.

But the real question is would you guys play Brewer in those minutes or Jham?

vCash
    I would rather have JHam in there, may not be as good defensively with Brewer in there but the shooting capability of JHam will be better for the team. Please we really need to see what we have in JHam for the future. Brewer is very active on defense, great hustle player, but he cheats too much.

vCash
    Never great, not horrible just a little above average right where Stern wants us!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    You guys have Lawson & Miller who will still kill the Lakers backcourt (who doesn't?)

Iguodala to hold Kobe, the growth of McGee & Gallo

Chandler will also help... I'm not sying you can beat them but a 7 game series sounds about right again
    4/5 tops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    The Clippers are over-rated. When it comes down to it their only option with the game on the line is CP3. Griffin is useless at creating his shot, playing in the post or driving. Defend their PnR and they crap them selves. They don't have good wing play. All they can do is dunk. Which is pretty much useless in the half court offense against any decent team. They aren't particularly great defensively, certainly not with out Kenyon Martin. Denver can match them athletically, and has better wing play with Iggy and Chandler/Gallo.

Denver is the 4th best team in the west. The Griffin/CP3 hype has people's perception skewed. People say they have great depth with guys like Billups and Hill. But both of those guys are way past their primes.

And most of all they have Vinny Del Negro in charge, that is -5 wins right there.
    That's funny, when it comes to the Nuggets and the game is on the line there is NO option. Nuggets lost all their games because they took turns giving scrubs the oppotunity to hit a game winner and no one can do it. Bashing on Clippers with CP3 at the end of games who is one of the best finishers in the world when Nuggets have NO ONE?

vCash
    don't forget to mention one of the best floppers in the world as well..that's important..

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast