Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    Clippers dont scare me at all......

Defensive matchups are great for us, Blake has no other offense than post ups, he is one dimensional offensively, and that dimension happens to be where Faried and McGee are beasts defensively

Put Iggy on CP3 and their best options are handled as best as they can be
    All depending on the perimeter defense with the Clippers that's why I'm a little hesitant. Their perimeter shooting is solid...Igua on Paul will help (until Paul gets him in foul trouble with his flopping) but how disciplined will we be in our rotations and perimeter D.

Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    Don't forget billups is a year older and is coming off of a major achilles injury. Crawford is very streaky and with no inside game he'll have to pretty much create for himself. Cp3 is the only real threat.
    Crawford is not there for his inside game..he's there to shoot and he can do that very well. Clips are trying to build it like OKC...shoot lights out.

vCash
    Although I'm not a huge Karl fan, Ujiri might have done the most amazing thing possible... Can Karl actually field a unit that is dysfunctional... I mean this team is so deep and so athletic, Im not sure he can put a unit out there that wouldn't be good. I mean its not like he can put Miller, Affalo, Brewer, Bird and Kosta out there anymore.... u know a unit where no one can create their own shot or knock down a three...(outside of AAA, and not like he would get an open look with those guys out there).

I mean even if he went straight D, there is going to be a player out there: Iggy! that can create a shot. We are just deeper and better than we have been in my time...I'd argue that we are better than the Nuggets that reach the WCF with Melo... not sure we will get the same result cause there are some really good teams this year, but I'd rank us top 5 in the NBA right now. 1) Lakers, old but so talented 2) OKC four legit star players and Durants number 2 behind Bron. 3) Heat, big three are dysfunctional on one level but King James is pretty damn good. 4) Us or the Spurs.... guess it depends on just how old they want to pretend to be, and how much we decide to turn the corner. Clipper have talent but I don't think they have or will gel more than they did. And whatever rank u have us, we are capable of pushing anyone...

Footballs back baby!

vCash
    Did Carmelo Anthony do the Nuggets a favor by forcing his way out of Denver?

I know this is a little bit of Stockholm syndrome, seeing the good in someone who holds you hostage but with Andre Igoudala sounding positive about signing long term in Denver and the conversation that Carmelo had with AI2 coming out, this coupled with all the player movement that Masai Ujiri has so masterfully orchestrated with all the assets and flexibility acquired with the trade, has your opinion of Carmelo Anthony changed.

I know it is a hard pill to swallow but I don't think the Carmelo Anthony led Denver Nuggets would have ever again challenged for a NBA championship while he was here. Carmelo was also aware of this because of the team that was around him at the time. With no tradeable assets beside Nene and Aaron which wouldn't bring back the necessary players to put the Nuggets over the top and the weight of Kenyon Martins contract keeping the Nuggets out of the free agent market, Melo forcing his way out seemed to be his only option.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and we still have to see this version of the new look Nuggets play, but at least we have a top veteran player in his prime saying that he would like to sign long term with the Denver Nuggets.

vCash
    You guys have Lawson & Miller who will still kill the Lakers backcourt (who doesn't?)

Iguodala to hold Kobe, the growth of McGee & Gallo

Chandler will also help... I'm not sying you can beat them but a 7 game series sounds about right again

vCash
    I definitely think we can beat the Lakers in a series. Nash is a huge addition to them...but it's a serious downgrade defensively and if Ty is just focused..he can just abuse that all day.

karl would have to know how to use Koufos/Mozzy/Randolph though. Faried is too small on Gasol/Hill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    All depending on the perimeter defense with the Clippers that's why I'm a little hesitant. Their perimeter shooting is solid...Igua on Paul will help (until Paul gets him in foul trouble with his flopping) but how disciplined will we be in our rotations and perimeter D.

Crawford is not there for his inside game..he's there to shoot and he can do that very well. Clips are trying to build it like OKC...shoot lights out.
    No, the clippers have no inside game. He'll have to rely on the Ray Allen method (2-3 screens) or he'll have to create for himself, and like I said, he's streaky

titties

vCash
    I would have to say 3-5 depending on how the Spurs play. Clippers have a pretty solid team but we all have to see how Lamar Odom does for them. Lakers we match up pretty well with. We have many bigs to throw at Howard. Moz did a great job against Bynum and Kosta can come in for short spurts and do great. OKC we will have to see with this new team. Its a big possibility we will face the cilps and I love that matchup

Paul- Iggy
    Billups- Ty
    Butler- Gallo
    Griffen- Faried (he always shows up to a challenge)
    Jordan- Mcgee

Bledsoe- Miller
    Crawford, green- Hamilton/Fournier
    Hill- Chandler/Brwer
    turiaf- Moz/Koufas
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 08-23-2012 at 03:11 PM.

vCash
    What do you guys think of Michael Redd for the vet min? Hamilton is one of the best options at sg and Karl has said that he has improved vastly since his rookie season. I think we will see a lot of jham at sg this year.

vCash
    I completely agree with the defensive thing that was said earlier. If we become a a decent defensive team (which we could easily be) then we would be even better. A full season with Mcgee and Iggy starting can really help. Iggy is just insane on D and Mcgee can really help with his rim protecting. I can easily see him top 3 in shot blocking.

vCash
    I think we come out 3rd in the West this year. OKC 1, LAL 2, DEN3. The Nuggets have had 50 win season the past 4-5 years besides the shortend season and this team is more stable and probably talented than ever. 50+ wins will be achieved. Plus the Nuggets have the top two or three record for consecutive playoff appearances. As much as people want to rag on George he has done his job and made this a winning franchise. It is not about making the playoffs anymore it is about advancing... Denver matches up well against OKC now for the most part, KD just a beast and that is that. Iggy has Russell. Lakers are staked but Nash will pry play half the season and we will see about their bench. The biggest problem I see on this Nuggets team is 1. they did not address 3pt shooting, 2. they do not have a post offense or defensive game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkballer66 View Post
    I think we come out 3rd in the West this year. OKC 1, LAL 2, DEN3. The Nuggets have had 50 win season the past 4-5 years besides the shortend season and this team is more stable and probably talented than ever. 50+ wins will be achieved. Plus the Nuggets have the top two or three record for consecutive playoff appearances. As much as people want to rag on George he has done his job and made this a winning franchise. It is not about making the playoffs anymore it is about advancing... Denver matches up well against OKC now for the most part, KD just a beast and that is that. Iggy has Russell. Lakers are staked but Nash will pry play half the season and we will see about their bench. The biggest problem I see on this Nuggets team is 1. they did not address 3pt shooting, 2. they do not have a post offense or defensive game.
    1. Agree about Karl, the job he's done is fantastic. I know people complain about, but more than half the league would love to have a team that you know will get 50 wins and make the playoff's year after year. And this is in the West, not in the East.

2. I think if Nuggets stay injury free they are more than a match for any team. Especially Gallo and Chandler, they are supposed to provide the scoring relief. Guy's who can shoot and drive the ball.

3. Ujiri has done a fantastic job. The guy has to be on the list for the most respected GM's around the league. Not only does he bring in a piece when needed but also giving player's time to develop. You mentioned 3pt shooting and post offense. Rather than bring in someone, Ujiri has put his trust in Faried and McGee, sending them to sessions with Hakeem. If both can come back with even one go-to post move and a decent counter, it will make a massive difference. One easier basket per quarter from both of them and it will equal 16 more ppg. If the post game starts working it will automatically attract double teams, and hence open looks on the perimeter for Ty, Iggy, Gallo etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    Did Carmelo Anthony do the Nuggets a favor by forcing his way out of Denver?

I know this is a little bit of Stockholm syndrome, seeing the good in someone who holds you hostage but with Andre Igoudala sounding positive about signing long term in Denver and the conversation that Carmelo had with AI2 coming out, this coupled with all the player movement that Masai Ujiri has so masterfully orchestrated with all the assets and flexibility acquired with the trade, has your opinion of Carmelo Anthony changed.

I know it is a hard pill to swallow but I don't think the Carmelo Anthony led Denver Nuggets would have ever again challenged for a NBA championship while he was here. Carmelo was also aware of this because of the team that was around him at the time. With no tradeable assets beside Nene and Aaron which wouldn't bring back the necessary players to put the Nuggets over the top and the weight of Kenyon Martins contract keeping the Nuggets out of the free agent market, Melo forcing his way out seemed to be his only option.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and we still have to see this version of the new look Nuggets play, but at least we have a top veteran player in his prime saying that he would like to sign long term with the Denver Nuggets.
    They were set to challenge for the title in 2009 I think it was. Can't think of it at the top of my head but we should've made it to the Finals and most likely would've beaten Orlando but we lost because of in-bound plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1bui View Post
    They were set to challenge for the title in 2009 I think it was. Can't think of it at the top of my head but we should've made it to the Finals and most likely would've beaten Orlando but we lost because of in-bound plays.
    Actually it was the inbouds play by Anthony Carter that caused the Denver Nuggets to lose the first game of the 2009 Western Conference Finals 103 to 105. A series where the Nuggets lost to the Lakers 4 games to 2.

The fact that Anthony Carter a journeyman player who is no longer in the league was in at crunch time should speak volumes as to the level of talent surrounding Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups at the time.

vCash
    In looking at the 2012 part of the Denver Nuggets schedule I hadn't realized that it presented so many challenges. Of the first 32 games 22 are on the road with the season opener ironically in Philadelphia. Even 5 of the 7 pre-season games are on the road as well. After the first game the next 6 games are of the back to back variety, which in total there are 16 back to back games in the 2012 part of the season. There is also a 5 game East coast road swing and a Christmas day game. And to start off the New Year right a game on that day as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    Actually it was the inbouds play by Anthony Carter that caused the Denver Nuggets to lose the first game of the 2009 Western Conference Finals 103 to 105. A series where the Nuggets lost to the Lakers 4 games to 2.

The fact that Anthony Carter a journeyman player who is no longer in the league was in at crunch time should speak volumes as to the level of talent surrounding Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups at the time.
    It was the same inbounds play that lost us another game in that series. Carter was only in there because he had that "veteran" presence and Karl loved him. No reason the shortest player on the team should be inbounding the ball in clutch time.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast