Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lightbulb What happened to all the "Fire George Karl" threads?

Every year I visit the Nuggets forum, it always starts out the same way... a bunch of "Fire George Karl" threads in the beginning, and then all goes quiet later down the stretch. I honestly think he's one of the top coaches in basketball, but consistently gets disrespected by many in the Nuggets fanbase... especially here on PSD. To the disrespectful ones (and those disrespectful ones only), how many more times does Karl need to make you eat your words? The guy is the real deal, or are you just too stubborn to admit you were wrong.

Peace.

vCash
    Players saved him,he still has bad decisions and bad lineups after more than 60 games this season.I would still fire him after this year(especially if we don't make 2nd round) if we can find someone better for this team(we can't change whole team because of new coach...)

vCash
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    Players saved him,he still has bad decisions and bad lineups after more than 60 games this season.I would still fire him after this year(especially if we don't make 2nd round) if we can find someone better for this team(we can't change whole team because of new coach...)
    agreed
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    "players saved him"

lol.... o brother

vCash
    If pop coached this team they would be better than the spurs, probably have the best record in the nba

the talent on this team is incredible, when Karl uses it right we can beat anybody, he just rarely does that

I still hate him as the coach of the nuggets, I have been consistent with that for as long as i have been a part of this forum, i just ran out of things to say cause ive said em all and hate repeating himself

Still nothing I hate more than the way he has used ty, he has stunted ty's development as much as possible, ty would be a perennial top 5 pg by now if Karl didnt do what he does

vCash
    I'll concede that I was quick on the trigger to call for his firing BUT this is still the regular season. If we fail in the play-offs (2nd round or bust) again then it may be a good idea to look elsewhere.

vCash
    The only thing that I will concede is that there are no good options out there for a replacement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOf215:25691482
    Every year I visit the Nuggets forum, it always starts out the same way... a bunch of "Fire George Karl" threads in the beginning, and then all goes quiet later down the stretch. I honestly think he's one of the top coaches in basketball, but consistently gets disrespected by many in the Nuggets fanbase... especially here on PSD. To the disrespectful ones (and those disrespectful ones only), how many more times does Karl need to make you eat your words? The guy is the real deal, or are you just too stubborn to admit you were wrong.

Peace.
    Theyll pop up again if we make out typical first round exit....

vCash
    He still has many flaws. There's no denying that but I have to give him props. During this run something has changed. He's showing more passion which the players are feeding off and he's using more defensive substitutions down the stretch.
    I'm not one bit surprised by this streak, maybe I didn't expect it to get to thirteen but the talent on this squad is unbelieveable. Finally Karl knows how to properly utilise them.

Alas, as others have previously mentioned. It's all about the playoffs now. Another first round exit and fans will want Karl gone.

I have to give him credit though.

vCash
    the fire george karl bizness has dies down a fair bit cos we are absolustely smacking the competition rite now. We nuggets fans are human, we're not as perfect and innocent as we seem .
    we tend to point the finger at karl when things are going sour, where as other fan bases may blame their star player/coaching/frontcourt ect.ect. It took time but our group incl. coaching staff seem to have a new chemistry that i haven't seen before as a long time nuggets fan, and to be honest i for one wouldn't want any other coach than karl running this team. he's good and i think we all need to admit it

go karl, yaarrhh

https://scloud.com/skipaterner/getting-older-by-the-dayound
    Just a fellow long time PSD user, please listen to track ya'll, appreciate it

vCash
    I agree, as a Knick fan I've always thought of Karl as one of the top 5 coaches in the NBA. I was surprised to see so much hate for him when I came in here early in the year. Also considering the Nuggets early schedule, I don't think it was realistic for Karl to have this team winning a ton of games. I think the fact that DEN was above .500 after that brutal schedule was a testament to Karl.

Also comparing him to Pop is unfair, just about any coach looks bad compared to Pop. There's only 1 Popovich.

vCash
    Soo..what do you really want to say? You were waiting a bit to make this thread eh? You're no better than the folks (myself included) that was calling for him to get out...you're picking the extreme of moments (in this case our long winning streak) to rub it in/try to prove a point.

Karl still ain't anything special. Uriji loaded him up with talent. This team right now has ALWAYS been talented that has never been the issue in my mind.

I find it humorous when outsiders bash on Nuggets fans who dislike Karl...as if they are clueless. We've got 8 years under our belts observing and debating Karl's coaching, or in other cases lack there of, style. If there were any people who would know Karl's tendencies..it's Nuggets fans. And as with any fanbase, there are some who agree with it and others who don't.

vCash
    And here is some food for thought. Some will probably blow it off...but...

How good would this team be without Andre Iguodala?? Think seriously about that. Do you really think it's because of George Karl, who supposedly for 8 years has "stressed defense," that our defense has improved this much??

The reason we're this good is because of our defensive play. So after 8 years...has Karl finally got his team to play defense??

Nah, it's because of Iggy.

Take Iggy away and we have the same type of Nugget teams in the past.

Karl does deserve credit but forgive me if I'm not all over him..cause I know better.

vCash
    If Melo stayed Karl should have gone but now that Melo has gone and we are without a "Super Star" this team is the best team for Karl.. He knows basketball and unlike the greats like Phil Jackson he can't control stars. Karl knows what he is doing and his record shows it but the NBA is about stars and that is his downfall.. This team yes has some complaints but they listen and he will play who is hot. What great about this team is the depth and he can go to his bench and sit down a starter if they are playing bad and there is no complaints. Play his style or get benched and someone will play his style plan and simple.. This team is great because he can coach them and they listen..

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast