Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    While Marshall is clearly better RIGHT NOW some of you people are sleeping on Nelson. More than likely just because he's Caucasian and plays with Rodgers. Actually watch Nelson play. Guy runs excellent routes, makes great adjustments on the ball and is excellent after the catch, especially in the redzone. There really exists the chance he replicates his production from last season again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqOptic View Post
    While Marshall is clearly better RIGHT NOW some of you people are sleeping on Nelson. More than likely just because he's Caucasian and plays with Rodgers. Actually watch Nelson play. Guy runs excellent routes, makes great adjustments on the ball and is excellent after the catch, especially in the redzone. There really exists the chance he replicates his production from last season again.
    I hate to get into this, but it's so 100% true. People still think he's a slot WR FFS. Guy can play outside the numbers and BEAT you deep. Did anyone see him destroy Haden two plays in a row on 9s? Rodgers overthrew him for an easy TD the first time, they run the same play 2 plays later, Jordy outjumps him and takes the ball away.

I know it's PS but still......he CAN do those things. He's actually pretty good on those smoke routes and screens too for being that tall. He's got some RAC skill, he's faster than people think. He has somewhat inconsistent hands at times but not bad hands. He can make plays from any of the receiver positions. Can run after catch, can play over the middle or take you deep. Guy's tall, guy's tough......what else do you want?

Look at the guys that surround him for recs over 40 last year....

Calvin, Cruz, Fitz, AJ Green, Julio, Mike Wallace. What's the slowest 40 on that list? I mean Fitz isn't killer speed but you're talking 4.4 guys and better on the rest or so.

I mean c'mon. Jennings only had 3 over 40 last year, we can say oh well they rolled the coverage, maybe so, but you'd think they'd start to figure it out after week 10, hey Jordy's beating people deep.

Since the playoff run, he's been outstanding. Hell when Jennings was out, Flynn was in, some other starters out on offense......162 and 3 TDs. Easily he's best game. Must have been rolling the coverage to Jennings on the sidelines in civvies.

vCash
    Just remember, Norm, "Jordy Nelson is Wes Welker 2.0".

vCash
    I've heard it against since then, just like last week too LX.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Put Nelson on a team without the best QB in the league and I suspect he doesn't grab 15 td's.
    Deep thought Mr. Obvious.

I will take Jordy any day. You can argue less talent all day long. Brandon Marshall has better phyical tools and that is where it ends...for all you guys who believe Brandon Marshall is a better overall football player need to add some gray matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserRider View Post
    Deep thought Mr. Obvious.

I will take Jordy any day. You can argue less talent all day long. Brandon Marshall has better phyical tools and that is where it ends...for all you guys who believe Brandon Marshall is a better overall football player need to add some gray matter.
    Please defend this argument. Marshal's bigger, just as fast, and I'd be willing to bet is a better route runner. They're probably pretty equal, so for you to act like Nelson is so much better is pretty idiotic.

Nelson's had one great season, and it was with one of the best seasons a quarterback's had in years. Brandon Marshal's been working with average quarterback play since 2009 and still putting up very good numbers. Right now, I'd take Marshal before Nelson 10 times out of 10

vCash
    Right now, I'd take Marshal before Nelson 10 times out of 10
    Agreed. It's not close.

I think the dependability you have with Jordy is about it. He's probably pretty equal in being diverse too. They're both inside outside guys that can do most of what you ask. Marshall when he's head is on is just great though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    Please defend this argument. Marshal's bigger, just as fast, and I'd be willing to bet is a better route runner. They're probably pretty equal, so for you to act like Nelson is so much better is pretty idiotic.

Nelson's had one great season, and it was with one of the best seasons a quarterback's had in years. Brandon Marshal's been working with average quarterback play since 2009 and still putting up very good numbers. Right now, I'd take Marshal before Nelson 10 times out of 10
    Holy ****, I go homer once on these forums and I have to defend?

Marshall is not a better route runner. He is a better wide receiver.
    As I said Marshal has better physical tools.
    I do not like him, because he is another deva wide receiver, in my opinion.

Overall, I get sick of the, system/plays with the best quarterback BS arguements all the time.
    If I am a GM, where you are concerned about off the field, in the locker room, ect... this comparison gets gray. I take Jordy.

Do not pull the race crap on me either. I would take Reggie Wayne, Victor Cruz,
    Greg Jennings, Hicks, all guys with less physical tools then Marshall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserRider View Post
    Holy ****, I go homer once on these forums and I have to defend?

Marshall is not a better route runner. He is a better wide receiver.
    As I said Marshal has better physical tools.
    I do not like him, because he is another deva wide receiver, in my opinion.

Overall, I get sick of the, system/plays with the best quarterback BS arguements all the time.
    If I am a GM, where you are concerned about off the field, in the locker room, ect... this comparison gets gray. I take Jordy.

Do not pull the race crap on me either. I would take Reggie Wayne, Victor Cruz,
    Greg Jennings, Hicks, all guys with less physical tools then Marshall.
    I agree, Nelson has had a better history off the field. But listening to him in interviews recently has me believing that's behind him and he'll be fine. But your concern is understandable.

You yourself said he is a better wide receiver, so that's really all I wanted to know. I won't pull the race card because he is a legit athlete, and I think that stereotype is taken a little too seriously. Marshal is more physically talented and has had more success in the past. Assuming he's medicated for his personality disorder (which he is) I think his off field issues are nothing to worry about now.

vCash
    LMAO Marshall without hesitation. I can't believe how overrated Nelson has become this year after last years freak show he put up with Rodgers HoF like season. I expect decent numbers but, nothing like last year IMO. He's not a top 10 WR like people are some how making him out to be.

Nelson's a solid guy however Marshall is a beast at what he does when you give him 1 on 1's and how strong he is in tight coverage. He also is a great YAC guy.

vCash
    So if Nelson has a better year then Marshall again this year, what will the excuses be?

vCash
    I don't think anyone's making excuses, but Nelson had ONE great season with a quarterback that had one of the greatest seasons of all time. Marshal's proven he's a great player with his multiple probowls and stats to back it up.

If Nelson has another awesome year, I think most will give him respect. But as of now, he's only done it once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    So if Nelson has a better year then Marshall again this year, what will the excuses be?
    IDK why didn't we have excuses when Marshall was above and beyond the WR Jordy was for 3 years prior to last year? But by all means lets start comparing a guy who has had 5 1k years to the guy who had his first and no coincidence to the fact his QB also had a HoF worthy year.

There really are no excuses to be made cause nothing has been proved other then people's opinion. However I'll take the guy with the longer track record of success and who has done it with the likes of a Miami team and QB. 3 years of 100 receptions and 2 of 80 against well nothing in that realm.

I really don't think they are comparable players to be quite honest.

vCash
    its really a personal oppinion on this matter. jordy i think is a better route runner and obviously has stayed clean off the field. marshall definetly has the size and speed and athletic ability and is the better wide reciever when his head is in the game. and thats the big point. as much as i wanna say jordy is better i cant. more consistent? i think so. but my comparison comes by when they r playing there best who is better and that is without a doubt marshall.

vCash
    ^

I actually think Jordy is faster than Marshall. Does that make me insane?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast