vCash

Brandon Marshall vs. Jordy Nelson

Who do you take?
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    jordy nelson

yes i am a homer
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    love both but Marshall pretty easily

vCash
    Marshall. More proven and has been great with less help and ****** QB play.

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Jordy Nelson because I'm a Packer fan and I love the "fastest white man you know".
    Adopt a Packers
    Don't know Davante Adams?

You will.
    Sammy Shields \/

vCash
    Jordy because Marshall has yet to show he can stay out of trouble. Charges dropped or not for a guy who some claim as always completely innocent he has a long long rap sheet. If you go skill wise I am still not sure. I think I would still take Jordy.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Marshall is physically superior but Nelson has recent production. Marshall every time though.

vCash
    Marshall is the better WR, but I'm in no hurry to get rid of Jordy. He's a beast too.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: 23 | Yards: 351 | TDs: 1 | Avg: 15.3

vCash
    Marshall is the better football player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Jordy because Marshall has yet to show he can stay out of trouble. Charges dropped or not for a guy who some claim as always completely innocent he has a long long rap sheet. If you go skill wise I am still not sure. I think I would still take Jordy.
    Has little to nothing to do with football talent. He has missed 1 whole game due to a suspension in his career.

vCash
    I'll take Jordy and his 15 TDs last year..

vCash
    Put Nelson on a team without the best QB in the league and I suspect he doesn't grab 15 td's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Put Nelson on a team without the best QB in the league and I suspect he doesn't grab 15 td's.
    Deep thought Mr. Obvious.

I will take Jordy any day. You can argue less talent all day long. Brandon Marshall has better phyical tools and that is where it ends...for all you guys who believe Brandon Marshall is a better overall football player need to add some gray matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserRider View Post
    Deep thought Mr. Obvious.

I will take Jordy any day. You can argue less talent all day long. Brandon Marshall has better phyical tools and that is where it ends...for all you guys who believe Brandon Marshall is a better overall football player need to add some gray matter.
    Please defend this argument. Marshal's bigger, just as fast, and I'd be willing to bet is a better route runner. They're probably pretty equal, so for you to act like Nelson is so much better is pretty idiotic.

Nelson's had one great season, and it was with one of the best seasons a quarterback's had in years. Brandon Marshal's been working with average quarterback play since 2009 and still putting up very good numbers. Right now, I'd take Marshal before Nelson 10 times out of 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    Please defend this argument. Marshal's bigger, just as fast, and I'd be willing to bet is a better route runner. They're probably pretty equal, so for you to act like Nelson is so much better is pretty idiotic.

Nelson's had one great season, and it was with one of the best seasons a quarterback's had in years. Brandon Marshal's been working with average quarterback play since 2009 and still putting up very good numbers. Right now, I'd take Marshal before Nelson 10 times out of 10
    Holy ****, I go homer once on these forums and I have to defend?

Marshall is not a better route runner. He is a better wide receiver.
    As I said Marshal has better physical tools.
    I do not like him, because he is another deva wide receiver, in my opinion.

Overall, I get sick of the, system/plays with the best quarterback BS arguements all the time.
    If I am a GM, where you are concerned about off the field, in the locker room, ect... this comparison gets gray. I take Jordy.

Do not pull the race crap on me either. I would take Reggie Wayne, Victor Cruz,
    Greg Jennings, Hicks, all guys with less physical tools then Marshall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserRider View Post
    Holy ****, I go homer once on these forums and I have to defend?

Marshall is not a better route runner. He is a better wide receiver.
    As I said Marshal has better physical tools.
    I do not like him, because he is another deva wide receiver, in my opinion.

Overall, I get sick of the, system/plays with the best quarterback BS arguements all the time.
    If I am a GM, where you are concerned about off the field, in the locker room, ect... this comparison gets gray. I take Jordy.

Do not pull the race crap on me either. I would take Reggie Wayne, Victor Cruz,
    Greg Jennings, Hicks, all guys with less physical tools then Marshall.
    I agree, Nelson has had a better history off the field. But listening to him in interviews recently has me believing that's behind him and he'll be fine. But your concern is understandable.

You yourself said he is a better wide receiver, so that's really all I wanted to know. I won't pull the race card because he is a legit athlete, and I think that stereotype is taken a little too seriously. Marshal is more physically talented and has had more success in the past. Assuming he's medicated for his personality disorder (which he is) I think his off field issues are nothing to worry about now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast