Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dez; Austin, Vs Nicks; Cruz

who you like better, and why?

has anyone else heard all the rave about dez so far this camp? apparently he looks absolutly amazing.

biggest thing with cowboy WR is can they stay healthy.

if both are healthy, who would you rather have?

all things equal, ?

has group?
    individual?

vCash
    What exactly happens to Dez at the end of games that makes him disappear? Is it a head thing? Or do they just go to him less?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What exactly happens to Dez at the end of games that makes him disappear? Is it a head thing? Or do they just go to him less?
    IMO, it has been piss poor conditioning by dez. He hadnt learned his routes, he isnt always where he needs to e, and he got tired... he also had some little injuries..

HOWEVER....

dez up until this year, never had an offseason.. he was hurt his rookie year, and last year they had the lockout...

this year, he has had whole offseason.

and looked fantastic. he is stronger, leaner, faster, and in best shape of his life.

all reports is he looks like a top 5 wr in the league....

that guy off of espn, who does the nfc east blog, who hate the cowboys, even gushed about him.

vCash
    Nicks and Cruz easy... You can't say all things being equal and assuming health, because that's a pretty big factor in determining players, that's like playing Madden with injuries off, it just doesn't happen... It doesn't help that Miles' hamstring is also acting up again, which is slowly becoming a lingering problem.

Nicks is probably the best of the bunch individually, but give me Nicks/Cruz any day over Dez/Miles...

Say what you want about the reports about training camp... It's just training camp. He could look like a top 5 WR, but hasn't been yet, and has been a problem off the field.
    Last edited by yankees1088; 08-08-2012 at 12:04 PM.

vCash
    If both Dez Bryant and Hakeem Nicks are 100% healthy I take Nicks every single day no questions asked.

I think Nicks is the better player. I think he's a better route runner, more physical at the point of attack, and has better hands.

As for his off the field stuff, he doesn't get into trouble. He doesn't say stupid things, he doesn't do stupid things. He's the anti-Dez off the field.

Cruz vs Austin? Cruz easily. Having a great slot receiver is far more advantageous than having a solid outside WR, not to mention Cruz can do some damage lining up outside as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    IMO, it has been piss poor conditioning by dez. He hadnt learned his routes, he isnt always where he needs to e, and he got tired... he also had some little injuries..

HOWEVER....

dez up until this year, never had an offseason.. he was hurt his rookie year, and last year they had the lockout...

this year, he has had whole offseason.

and looked fantastic. he is stronger, leaner, faster, and in best shape of his life.

all reports is he looks like a top 5 wr in the league....

that guy off of espn, who does the nfc east blog, who hate the cowboys, even gushed about him.
    People have been gushing about him since he was in college, nobody has ever denied that he's extremely talented. He would have been a top 5 pick had he not been such an idiot.

Using the "the guy looks so good in camp" is kind of ridiculous when trying to convince other fan bases about how good that guy is.

Eli Manning never has a good camp. That doesn't mean he stinks up the joint in the regular season.

So the reason Dez hasn't done anything so far is because he's injury prone and he's lazy?

The whole "He's never had a camp" thing is ridiculous. For his first year yeah okay that's huge. But I believe getting playing time for 1 full season is more valuable than having 1 training camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    People have been gushing about him since he was in college, nobody has ever denied that he's extremely talented. He would have been a top 5 pick had he not been such an idiot.

Using the "the guy looks so good in camp" is kind of ridiculous when trying to convince other fan bases about how good that guy is.
    i dont think its ridiculous. I mean, he is in his 3rd year, they say he looks great. i can give you links if you would like ?You dont have to agree.Eli Manning never has a good camp. That doesn't mean he stinks up the joint in the regular season.
    with the exception of last year, does he have great statistics in the regular season?So the reason Dez hasn't done anything so far is because he's injury prone and he's lazy?
    i would call it lack of conditioning....The whole "He's never had a camp" thing is ridiculous. i think that has merit. Will see after this year.. For his first year yeah okay that's huge. But I believe getting playing time for 1 full season is more valuable than having 1 training camp.
    i think this year will define dez has a WR. will see..
    If both Dez Bryant and Hakeem Nicks are 100% healthy I take Nicks every single day no questions asked.
    more power to you, thats your opinion.I think Nicks is the better player. I think he's a better route runner, more physical at the point of attack, and has better hands.
    will agree to disagree.As for his off the field stuff, he doesn't get into trouble. He doesn't say stupid things, he doesn't do stupid things. He's the anti-Dez off the field.

Cruz vs Austin? Cruz easily. Having a great slot receiver is far more advantageous than having a solid outside WR, not to mention Cruz can do some damage lining up outside as well.
    austin plays the slot alot. so.... austin is great in the slot.

thank you for your time.....

If they all four play to there potential, i think dez easily is best of group...

obviously thats a huge what if though.

vCash
    i think this year will define dez has a WR. will see..

austin plays the slot alot. so.... austin is great in the slot.

thank you for your time.....

If they all four play to there potential, i think dez easily is best of group...

obviously thats a huge what if though.
    Name me a better slot receiver than Victor Cruz. Wes Welker? Okay. Anybody else? Nobody else comes close, especially not Austin.

Thank you for your time? If you don't want any input then why did you ask the question?

Victor Cruz is already playing up to his potential as is Hakeem Nicks.

Dez Bryant? Sure he's the most physically talented but I don't think he'll ever get it together. I think a combination of idiocy and injuries will derail his career.

vCash
    Name me a better slot receiver than Victor Cruz. Wes Welker? Okay. Anybody else? Nobody else comes close, especially not Austin.
    cruz has only did it for 1 year so far... i would like to see some consistancy.Thank you for your time? If you don't want any input then why did you ask the question?
    i said "thank you" for your time. not, no thanks for your time. i was thanking you for your response. so i did want input. again, thank you for your time.Victor Cruz is already playing up to his potential as is Hakeem Nicks.

Dez Bryant? Sure he's the most physically talented awesome!!! we agree but I don't think he'll ever get it together. you maybe right. like i said, this year will tell the tale I think a combination of idiocy and injuries will derail his career.
    please continue at will.

vCash
    please continue at will.
    Is Cam Newton not one of the top QBs cause he's done it for 1 year?

vCash
    I dont know. I personally would like to see him do it again, wouldnt you? Looked great last year though, huh?

Will see this year.

ALSO, cam was a number 1 overall pick. cruz was drafted where? ( not that i put alot of stock into that, but because of that, like i said, would be nice to see him do it, idk, 2 years? maybe just 1 more time?

vCash
    As per usual, the Cowboys are nothing but potential, while the Giants are nothing but proven commodities. There is no debate here, not until the Cowboys do something beyond being appealing on paper.

vCash
    But please keep making these kinds of threads. Stacking yourself up against the champs is a good way to see where your team is at.

vCash
    touche'.. they are the defending superbowl champs....

vCash
    I dont know. I personally would like to see him do it again, wouldnt you? Looked great last year though, huh?

Will see this year.

ALSO, cam was a number 1 overall pick. cruz was drafted where? ( not that i put alot of stock into that, but because of that, like i said, would be nice to see him do it, idk, 2 years? maybe just 1 more time?
    Yet you put so much stock into Dez Bryant when he hasn't even done it once.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast