Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Open

Hybrid View

vCash

US Open

Wanted to make a seperate thread for the Grand Slam.

In another news, Nadal out. Go Milos.

vCash
    talk about done. I think that's what Rafa is.

meanwhile, Djokovic-Federer final will be exciting. although I do think roger goes out before the final. well it depends on the draw. only 2 people have beaten federer in the open since 2003: Djokovic and del potro.

vCash
    Milos vs Federer. Calling it.

vCash
    Murray has a solid chance to win this. Federer, while great, is aging and will be tired. Djokovic isn't the indestructible player he was last year. Murray is riding high now after his Wimbledon win. Only a few more is inspirational for an athlete than winning gold for them in the Olympics. If his knee is up for it, Murray could take it.

At the same time, the top 4 players are so tired from deep tournament runs that I can see someone new winning. Go Milos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    talk about done. I think that's what Rafa is.

meanwhile, Djokovic-Federer final will be exciting. although I do think roger goes out before the final. well it depends on the draw. only 2 people have beaten federer in the open since 2003: Djokovic and del potro.
    Yup, I said it before as well. This guy is not going to be around in 2 years. I already predicted he was not going to win this before the injury. So now, for the 2nd year in a row, Nadal will only finish with the French Open.

You better believe he's not winning the Australian open either.

So again this leaves the door open for Federer to create even further separation. He wins in this tournament, it's over. Nadal will never catch up to him.

But I'm going with Djokovic here. I'm not too sure what the seeding will be like but I believe he'll meet Murray in the finals. Will win a close one. But this is Murray's best chance, coming off the Olympics.

vCash
    Nadal's out again.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Sad to see Nadal out again but i hope he sits out the rest of the season and gets healthy. I never thought Nadal would be around when he is 30 but i am hoping for a few more relatively healthy years.

I think Novak takes this one but i feel if Fed plays like he did the from 2nd week of wimby to olympic finals, he has a great chance. This is Murray's best chance to win a slam.

vCash
    remember waht happened the year after nadal took a rest for the third quarter of the season?

3 out of 4 grand slams.

Be ready.
    ]

vCash
    When he did that the first time, his main competition was an aging Federer.

Now we he has to face Djokovic and Murray, who both have improved greatly from that first time, as well as a relevant Federer.

No way Nadal beats Djokovic on a hard court unless he plays godly or Djokovic has a bad day.

vCash
    don't rule rafa just yet. this is not a same knee injury. this is something called hoffa syndrome, from what i understand this does not seem like a wear and tear injury. it also doesnt seem like a recurring one either.

"It’s something different and I think that is a positive thing because my tendons are much better than they were three years ago," said Nadal, speaking to Spanish media on Friday. "
    Link

vCash
    Good. It would be no fun not having Nadal there.

Go Milos.

vCash
    wake me up when milos records a significant win

vCash
    He's winning the US Open this year.

vCash
    llullz

i hope he's on fed's side of the draw

vCash
    He's going to be 17th seed this US Open. So I think he'll be in the 1st seed's draw.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast