Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Alchemy View Post
    the thing about harden is that he's effective because he has durant/westbrook that can score and ibaka/perkins/sefolosha who play defense.

you add harden to our roster and he may score a lot but we still wouldnt be a playoff team. there's a certain dynamic you have to have in order for a 6th man to be successful.

ginobili starting on a different team wouldn't be as effective as he is playing in san antonio. i hope harden realizes what he has in okc is very special. he can be part of something special or he can opt for more money like joe johnson and be miserable.
    will you blame him though? if he opts for more money?

thing is, some players with special talent, (and ego), like durant, kobe, lebron and even past players like jordan,bird, magic knew they have the god-given talents hence they wanted affirmation of those talents by winning it all

some players are in it for the money.. joe johnson earning tons of money miserable? man i dont mind that at all.

vCash
    Solomon Jones signed to non-guaranteed contract for camp: http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/172228

He's probably one of the guys we couldn't identify in the video the other day. As mentioned in the article, Ricky Davis might be the other.
    Last edited by Huntey; 09-19-2012 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    I read this at BSOTS and its great.

"Rise from the Nashes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    will you blame him though? if he opts for more money?

thing is, some players with special talent, (and ego), like durant, kobe, lebron and even past players like jordan,bird, magic knew they have the god-given talents hence they wanted affirmation of those talents by winning it all

some players are in it for the money.. joe johnson earning tons of money miserable? man i dont mind that at all.
    i dont blame any player for gettin paid. i just dont see harden as a primary max guy. when u have durant and westbrook at max, then its worth it to pay harden max too. but to have harden at max with a bunch of scrubs, it wont make the suns better.

i rather wait n use our draft (9 picks), develop young guys and also bring in the right free agents. every team needs to have a plan, draft accordingly and stick to ur guns no matter how much it hurts to lose. look at the patriots, they have a system in place so no matter who they bring in, they develop them the right way and play within their system.

vCash
    Over the next 3 years, don't we have 11 draft picks? Our original 6 plus 4 from the Lakers and one from Min the Minny deal.

vCash
    Great Goran video! I hope this is the Dragon that we get to see this year!

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...-of-the-dragon

The 3 headed Point Guard?

vCash
    I think Dragic breaks into the top 10 pg.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to following Beasley with Phoenix this year. He is extremely misunderstood by fans around the league...sure he is an idiot sometimes, and has been busted for pot numerous times, but he is a good teammate, he is hilarious, and just seems to be a good dude. The first year Beasley came to the Wolves seemed like an ideal situation for him...The Wolves were in need for some offensive firepower, and a guy as talented as Beasley was going to play a lot of minutes. Beasley did play a lot of minutes, but that year, was also Kevin Loves breakout year, which took away some of the need for Beasley's offense...Beasley by the way that year, was considered to be a heist for the Wolves, as we got him for only two second rounders...he was averaging over 20 points a game, and was shooting right around 50% from the field, then he got an injury, that he was tough enough to play through, but it affected him the rest of the season, and with that nagging injury, and the emergence of Kevin Love, he was unable to regain that form.

Come year two with the Wolves, we had a new coach, who does not accept some of the bone headed plays that come with Beasley, and Beasley saw a 9 minute per game drop. He also had a more severe injury this year, that did sideline him for a couple weeks. You could see that the playing time got in his head...he never did complain about it, but you could see when he got on the court, he would try to do way too much to earn more minutes, which just hurt him more.

I believe this is the ultimate put up or shut up year for Beasley, and I think he will definitely put up. The guy is too talented, and he has vowed to recommit himself to basketball. I also dont see anyone talented enough, other than Beasley in Phoenix to carry the offense. This gives the coach no other option, other than to let Beas play through his mistakes.

vCash
    I think with Frye out for the season, we need to start looking for a third string center. I like Oneal but he is fragile.

Kenyon Martin
    Louis Amundson
    Alabi, Anderson, Battie, Curry, Dampier, Diop, Fesenko, Magloire, Whiteside
    Erden(signed w/ Turkey),
    Milicic signed with Boston

did I miss anyone?

The 3 headed Point Guard?

vCash
    I don't mean to sound like an *** but with all this Frye thing going on is there a way to get those 6million$ off our cap and have it available for next off-season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    I don't mean to sound like an *** but with all this Frye thing going on is there a way to get those 6million$ off our cap and have it available for next off-season?
    If he were to retire right now then we'd have his salary off our books for next season. I doubt he'll retire though so the short answer is no.
    Last edited by Huntey; 09-21-2012 at 09:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I'm looking forward to following Beasley with Phoenix this year. He is extremely misunderstood by fans around the league...sure he is an idiot sometimes, and has been busted for pot numerous times, but he is a good teammate, he is hilarious, and just seems to be a good dude. The first year Beasley came to the Wolves seemed like an ideal situation for him...The Wolves were in need for some offensive firepower, and a guy as talented as Beasley was going to play a lot of minutes. Beasley did play a lot of minutes, but that year, was also Kevin Loves breakout year, which took away some of the need for Beasley's offense...Beasley by the way that year, was considered to be a heist for the Wolves, as we got him for only two second rounders...he was averaging over 20 points a game, and was shooting right around 50% from the field, then he got an injury, that he was tough enough to play through, but it affected him the rest of the season, and with that nagging injury, and the emergence of Kevin Love, he was unable to regain that form.

Come year two with the Wolves, we had a new coach, who does not accept some of the bone headed plays that come with Beasley, and Beasley saw a 9 minute per game drop. He also had a more severe injury this year, that did sideline him for a couple weeks. You could see that the playing time got in his head...he never did complain about it, but you could see when he got on the court, he would try to do way too much to earn more minutes, which just hurt him more.

I believe this is the ultimate put up or shut up year for Beasley, and I think he will definitely put up. The guy is too talented, and he has vowed to recommit himself to basketball. I also dont see anyone talented enough, other than Beasley in Phoenix to carry the offense. This gives the coach no other option, other than to let Beas play through his mistakes.
    Nice breakdown. Hopefully you're right about why he's not lived up to expectations in Minny.
    I believe Dragic will be able to feed off of Beasley's offense, leaving him open for cuts to the basket. Goran will probably be our second best scorer.

If Beasley becomes a steal, then the cap space we have this upcoming summer can be held onto to fit whatever need is left.

vCash
    I wonder if we consider Lou again with Frye officially out for the year.
    Oneal will be the permanent backup so it would depend on what role he's expecting to have.

Otherwise, Jones probably will fit that role. He's a player that's desperate just to be on a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Over the next 3 years, don't we have 11 draft picks? Our original 6 plus 4 from the Lakers and one from Min the Minny deal.
    i think we had 10 picks over 3 years but cost us 1 pick to N.O. to get rid of lopez/warrick. thats my understanding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I wonder if we consider Lou again with Frye officially out for the year.
    Oneal will be the permanent backup so it would depend on what role he's expecting to have.

Otherwise, Jones probably will fit that role. He's a player that's desperate just to be on a team.
    amundson? i thinks its almost impossible to replace that same magic

Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast