Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    I really like Iggy. He contributes all over the court, excellent defender, can attack the rim, a very good passer, rebounds well. Ellis is an empty stat player, I would definitely pass on him. He and Beasley would be about the worst fit imaginable at the wing spots.
    Agreed here. I have a feeling Denver will extend him though. That team is close to being a serious contender. They have a smart, advantageous front office.

I wouldn't ever want ellis. He and Kevin Martin anger me.

OJ Mayo I want no part of. He took a shot at us regarding wanting to go to a place that wants to win. While it's obvious Dallas was a better option, I say let him rot somewhere else. He coulda just kept his mouth shut.

vCash
    I hate Ellis. Phrazbit said it best: all you get is empty stats from him. His point and steal totals are usualy right up there with the leagues best, yet he somehow the impact he has on the game doesn't relate to his stats.

Also he'll probably be looking at a big pay day. If we're forced into the situation where Ellis is the best guy available, I hope we wait another year.

If we're going to be spending big you have to think 'will this guy be the 1st/2nd best player on a championship team'. Ellis is a definite no on that one. I'd be more inclined to give him $5mill to come off the bench but that won't be happening any time soon.

vCash
    Robin Lopez is apparently #169 best player in the NBA. For some reason I think his ranking would have been a lot lower if he was still on the Suns...

The annoying snarky comments people make on twitter that ESPN like to post under the rankings piss me off. They try and sound clever/funny but don't usualy pull it off. And there's one under every single player....

vCash
    OJ Mayo is just biding his time since the draft was thick with SG this year. He figures there will be more salary cap available after this season, and he needs to show with Dallas he can demand a higher salary. If he plays poorly, deep discounts are ahead for him.

I still would like to make him a Sun. Part of me thinks signing Harden might be a mistake. I don't think he's that dynamic of a scorer, unlike Mayo.

vCash
    I'd say Harden is a much more 'dynamic' scorer than Mayo. Mayo might be a little more flashy but Harden can do everything Mayo does and more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Robin Lopez is apparently #169 best player in the NBA. For some reason I think his ranking would have been a lot lower if he was still on the Suns...

The annoying snarky comments people make on twitter that ESPN like to post under the rankings piss me off. They try and sound clever/funny but don't usualy pull it off. And there's one under every single player....
    I read the Jeremy Lin will finish HIGHER than Dragic.
    25 games and he's suddently better than an established guard...OK

I would have been upset even if he wasn't a Sun. Just stupid columnists.

vCash
    I'd say Harden is a much more 'dynamic' scorer than Mayo. Mayo might be a little more flashy but Harden can do everything Mayo does and more.
    same here.

harden doesn't look athletic like other dudes but the boy got some mad squabbles getting to the rim at will. i just have a problem giving him the max.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post

damn son, now thats just downright wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Alchemy View Post
    same here.

harden doesn't look athletic like other dudes but the boy got some mad squabbles getting to the rim at will. i just have a problem giving him the max.
    Thing is, we can't risk offering him 10-12mil a year since OKC will likely match.
    It's either, offer him the max, or look elsewhere.
    At the very least, if there's no one else on the market, we should offer the max, force OKC to match (by refusing to get involved in any trade talks), and let that hurt their cap space going forward. Then we just move on unscathed.

vCash
    I still have my reservations about offering max money to Harden and I think this year he has a lot to prove before i'd be comfortable with it. He needs to be more conistent and he needs to show what he can do in the play-offs.

The most important thing is that he shows he can be the best player on a team. For me that would mean him establishing himself as the 2nd best player on the Thunder. He needs to do that, not only so the Thunder can win it all (Westbrook is not a complete enough scorer to be the 2nd option), but so he can come here and be an actual star who is worth his contract.

vCash

Dragic is an established guard? He started 28 games last year vs Lin's 25... hard to claim that either of them are proven. I like Dragic, but its not like he is a proven commodity. Both contracts were gambles. Lin probably more so because he had already been injured.

vCash
    I still have my reservations about offering max money to Harden and I think this year he has a lot to prove before i'd be comfortable with it. He needs to be more conistent and he needs to show what he can do in the play-offs.

The most important thing is that he shows he can be the best player on a team. For me that would mean him establishing himself as the 2nd best player on the Thunder. He needs to do that, not only so the Thunder can win it all (Westbrook is not a complete enough scorer to be the 2nd option), but so he can come here and be an actual star who is worth his contract.
    i too have reservations offering harden a max deal but for us to even have a chance of getting him -- a max offer is the way to do it, we don't have trade chips imo to pry him away from okc, some teams have more to offer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    i too have reservations offering harden a max deal but for us to even have a chance of getting him -- a max offer is the way to do it, we don't have trade chips imo to pry him away from okc, some teams have more to offer
    the thing about harden is that he's effective because he has durant/westbrook that can score and ibaka/perkins/sefolosha who play defense.

you add harden to our roster and he may score a lot but we still wouldnt be a playoff team. there's a certain dynamic you have to have in order for a 6th man to be successful.

ginobili starting on a different team wouldn't be as effective as he is playing in san antonio. i hope harden realizes what he has in okc is very special. he can be part of something special or he can opt for more money like joe johnson and be miserable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Dragic is an established guard? He started 28 games last year vs Lin's 25... hard to claim that either of them are proven. I like Dragic, but its not like he is a proven commodity. Both contracts were gambles. Lin probably more so because he had already been injured.
    Well we've had almost 4 years to see what Dragic can do. We've had 25 games to see what Lin could do. No question Dragic is better. Sure it could change but it's just a fan of 'Linsanity' and not 'Jeremy Lin' that made this call.

vCash

I'm in favor of your stratedgy

It's sorta like the Yanks and the Red Sox bidding each other up on a player. If we don't get him make the other team bleed.

Thing is, we can't risk offering him 10-12mil a year since OKC will likely match.
    It's either, offer him the max, or look elsewhere.
    At the very least, if there's no one else on the market, we should offer the max, force OKC to match (by refusing to get involved in any trade talks), and let that hurt their cap space going forward. Then we just move on unscathed.

Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast