Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    I'd actually love that trade, but I kinda doubt Denver would give up Fournier so easily. I think something additional would probably have to go their way, maybe the pick we got in the Wes Johnson trade.

But the real snag in any Batum trade idea is that he has veto power on any trade up until next summer. Unless Portand goes in the tank I doubt he would be keen to being shipped here at the moment.
    Exactly but the pick will be in the late 20's since it comes from Memphis and although we don't trade picks this is value for value due to the fact he was a 1st round draft choice last year so it's kinda justified. Additionally I can see how having Fournier along with what King mentioned convincing him(Batum) to not veto the trade.
    Last edited by mdm692; 12-18-2012 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    It bums me out to see so many people high on Tyreke Evans. IMO getting him would be one of the worst things that could possibly happen this summer, especially with the price tag he will command. That Sacramento team has a lot of "talent" on paper, but they have some selfish, one dimensional players that are constantly undermining any semblance of team basketball... and Evans his chief among them.

The dude is a poor man's Stephon Marbury. A selfish loner destined to spend his career on awful teams.

Also the only good year he had in his career was as a rookie, since then he regressed steadily.

vCash
    Evans would be good to acquire in a multi team deal like the one offered before but not someone who you spend all your assets for. Also if we can get him in FA for a deal like Browns(obviously a bit more expensive) but say a 2 year deal like Mayo's would be ok with me.

vCash
    Last edited by kjdills13; 12-19-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    Suns
    Cardinals

2015 ARIZONA WILL OWN THE SPORTS WORLD.

vCash
    Is OJ Mayo worth it??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    It bums me out to see so many people high on Tyreke Evans. IMO getting him would be one of the worst things that could possibly happen this summer, especially with the price tag he will command. That Sacramento team has a lot of "talent" on paper, but they have some selfish, one dimensional players that are constantly undermining any semblance of team basketball... and Evans his chief among them.

The dude is a poor man's Stephon Marbury. A selfish loner destined to spend his career on awful teams.

Also the only good year he had in his career was as a rookie, since then he regressed steadily.
    I agree.

vCash
    I also think that the bynum trade would be good for us.

Suns- Bynum
    6ers- Gortat, Duds, Fry

They get 2 players to win NOW and they need a center bad.

Suns get A HUGE expiring. This trade clears up 17 million dollars for next offseason. So now the suns will have 33 million to spend on free agents.

Overpay and offer Iggy 4 years 40 million ( 10 mill per year)
    Smith 4 years 56 million ( 14 per year)
    Kirilinkro 3 years 27 million ( 9 mill per year)
    = 33 million we would have in cap space if we did that trade above

Then we use our 3 draft picks move up as high as we can and with our pick plus 2 other picks we could move up to a top 3 pick IMO. draft Zeller

Dragic/Telfair
    Iggy/brown/Tucker
    Kirilinko/beasley/Tucker
    Smith/Morris
    Zeller/Oneil

This team is flay out LONG!! and would be one of the best defensive teams every ASSEMBLED. we have 3 players who have been knkown as the best defender at there position. We would also be a dominate reboudning team because of our length at the 2/3 position. This team also fits the EXACT mold of the run and gun suns of old! this team in a run up tempo scheme could compete for a title because the defense would have more turnovers steals and blocks than any other team in the nba. and EVERY player on the court can run and cut to the basket. They would all be under contract for a long time and we can have 4 years to make a run
    Last edited by kjdills13; 12-19-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    Suns
    Cardinals

2015 ARIZONA WILL OWN THE SPORTS WORLD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdills13 View Post

Suns- Bynum
    6ers- Gortat, Duds, Fry

Suns get A HUGE expiring. This trade clears up 17 million dollars for next offseason. So now the suns will have 33 million to spend on free agents.

Then we use our 3 draft picks move up as high as we can and with our pick plus 2 other picks we could move up to a top 3 pick IMO. draft Zeller

Dragic/Telfair
    Iggy/brown/Tucker
    Kirilinko/beasley/Tucker
    Smith/Morris
    Zeller/Oneil

This team is flay out LONG!! and would be one of the best defensive teams every ASSEMBLED. we have 3 players who have been knkown as the best defender at there position. We would also be a dominate reboudning team because of our length at the 2/3 position. This team also fits the EXACT mold of the run and gun suns of old! this team in a run up tempo scheme could compete for a title because the defense would have more turnovers steals and blocks than any other team in the nba. and EVERY player on the court can run and cut to the basket. They would all be under contract for a long time and we can have 4 years to make a run
    What?! Gortat and Dudley are worth a lot more than just an expiring contract. We could shed their salaries and add future picks if all we wanted was space.

Also Kirilinko has a 2 year deal with Minny.

We basically give up our only 2 good trade assets for the hope of landing 3 guys (not counting AK because he wont be there) that its no guarantee we ever even get a chance to talk to.

Please, no quick fix attempts that are a long shot to even assemble... and even if they did wouldnt be a legit contender. I really hope they build from the ground up and not by overpaying for free agents.
    Last edited by Phrazbit; 12-19-2012 at 02:42 AM.

vCash

Suns- Bynum
    6ers- Gortat, Duds, Fry

Dragic/Telfair
    Iggy/brown/Tucker
    Kirilinko/beasley/Tucker
    Smith/Morris
    Zeller/Oneil

If we were to trade for Bynum, I'd rather keep him (not for 5 years at max though)

vCash
    Yeah if our staff can keep him healthy he is someone we build on. If anything do that 76ers and then add some do it all wing players(Batum or Iggy). Our PF rotation would be set Scola, Morris and O'neal at back up C.

vCash

Suns- Bynum
    6ers- Gortat, Duds, Fry

Overpay and offer
    Iggy 4 years 40 million ( 10 mill per year)

Dragic/Telfair
    Iggy/brown/Tucker
    Kirilinko/beasley/Tucker
    Smith/Morris
    Zeller/Oneil

Rather go with(building on this trade and some previous ones)

Suns get: Bynum, Fournier, Batum
    Trade: Dudley, Brown, Gortat, Frye, Wes Johnson, 1st acquired from Minny, worst of the LA pick or ours.

Blazers get: Chandler, Brown
    Trade: Batum

Nuggets get: Dudley, 1st from the Min deal, Wes(expiring)
    Trade: Chandler, Fournier

76ers get: Gortat, Frye, Suns or Lakers 1st depending which is worst unless both lotto they get future 1st.
    Trade: Bynum

Dragic/Bassy
    Tucker/Fournier
    Batum/Beas
    Scola/Kieff
    Bynum/O'neal

I know I'm a little off or alot depending on your POV but feel free to make adjustments. Best thing is that we still have a few picks here and there.
    Last edited by mdm692; 12-19-2012 at 12:27 PM.

vCash
    To get that much talent, it may require us to dump all of our picks this year.
    Adding those guys is a mega upgrade if healthy. You build a title team around those guys.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind doing so. I just wanted to not look like we're giving too much. But I'm sure we can work some deal where there would be certqin protections just in case. Overall I think it benefits everybody. 76ers get a legit C that will actually play minutes to pair with their rising stars. The reason I see it working for them the most is because Andrew Bynum could impede in the developing process of Jrue and Evan due to the fact that he has to be either the #1 or #2 option on offense. Gortat could play the #3 option very effectively and doesn't need many touches to impact a bball hame. The fact that he was complaining about touches before seemed to be more because of the lack of chemistry and losing streak.

Denver gets similar production from Dudley and alot more srappiness at a cheaper price than Chandler. Wes and the pick provides them with more flexibility. Overall I see this being benificiary specially since Dudz is such a glue guy.

Por might hesistate but offensively Brown and Chandler more than make up for Batum and his huge contract. Brown is partially guaranteed next year so it gives them even more cap to add the right pieces around their surging star Lilliard. If a pick needs to be thrown in then so be it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    To get that much talent, it may require us to dump all of our picks this year.
    Adding those guys is a mega upgrade if healthy. You build a title team around those guys.
    Back to the picks as long as we keep the 2015 pick from LA I'm good.

vCash
    I'm really starting to think that we should take a shot at both Bynum and Iggy(or Smith) this offseason.

I don't know if this is possible but:

Dragic
    Iggy
    Batum
    Smith
    Bynum

dayumm. We don't have enough cap space for that though.

Unrelated question, is trying to get BOTH Batum and Iggy redundant?

Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast