Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1330
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Considering Williams has a very cheap rookie contract and Beasley is only on for 3 years that is a very very good roster that allows for a very explosive line up.

    Also you mentioned winning we're not going to win anything as long as LA has Nash-KB24-D12. The next 2-3 seasons are to further develop Dragic and Beasley, find a SG and attempt to build a contender.
    I'm not complaining about money, I just don't know if that roster would make a dent in the west at any point in it's existence. I don't believe it would change anything much at all for us apart from we'd have another young guy who couldn't make an impact with the Wolves.

    I'm not saying I wouldn't like to have Williams and Harden but to me that roster still has a ton of building to do before it's back up there in the west.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,767
    vCash
    1500
    This is an article on why Beasley should play the 4:

    http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/08/2...of+the+Suns%29

    D-Williams is likely in the same boat.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    Ok so if Beasley is 4 who is 3? Not Dudley.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Ok so if Beasley is 4 who is 3? Not Dudley.
    Well obviously he can't play the 4 right now, we have too many big guys who need playing time to try and fit him in. Maybe Beas can take to playing the three well this season and we won't need to move him to the 4 in the future, you can't argue with the stats thus far in his career though.

    Dudley, Johnson, Beasley and Tucker will all see time at the three this year.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    Beasley will be fine imo the problem is if we play him at 3 who plays 4 and if we play him ar 4 then who plays 3. Maybe we can make a run at Gibson or trade Scola although he can't be traded for another year =/.

    Perfect scenario is finding a way to get both Harden and Taj this coming offseason.

    Dragic/Marshall
    Harden/Rookie or Brown??
    Beasley/Wes or dudley??
    Taj/kieff, scola or frye??
    Gortat/FA? Oneal?? Oden??

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    Btw I know we have Scola but on he wont be the long run solution.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    The Wolves would not for even a second consider a Williams for Dudley swap... they already have Budinger and AK47. They have absolutely no need for another small forward. Williams will get most of his minutes at PF while Love plays center and some at SF with Budinger probably sliding to guard.

    And any projection of our 2013/14 roster probably should not have Wes Johnson on it. It would be very surprising if the Suns picked up his option. And if they do pick up his option then signing a max free agent deal becomes very difficult. Also, any future roster should include Channing Frye, with his contract he isnt going anywhere.

    Furthermore, if we get Harden we will have to trade for him. The Thunder are one of the best ran teams in the NBA, he is a huge asset for him and there is a 0% chance they let him walk. Even if they have to match a max deal, they would do it and then trade him down the road before the luxury tax becomes prohibitive.

    I'd say its 90% odds they extend him and amnesty Perkins, and about 10% they sign and trade him next summer.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,767
    vCash
    1500
    It's possible that we don't pick up Johnsons option but still resign him. Obviously that's all depending on how he plays for us though.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    Yes and theres 0% that Nash is a Laker. Blah blah we heard it before.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Yes and theres 0% that Nash is a Laker. Blah blah we heard it before.

    Are you capable of rational discourse? Why would the Timberwolves do that? There is no reason they would consider that trade... at all.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    Why dont you ask Twolves fans. They are the ones that mentioned that due to the fact that Duds has a really good contract and produces positively.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Why dont you ask Twolves fans. They are the ones that mentioned that due to the fact that Duds has a really good contract and produces positively.
    lol, fine, care to link the thread where one random "twolves" fan supposedly proposed this trade? Should I assume the "picks" the fan threw in are unprotected 1sts?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    http://mobile.canishoopus.com/2012/8...e-phoenix-suns

    There you go take it from the official Twolves blog under Twolves Perspective. Thanks for trying though.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    It specifically says "I think most of us twolves fans are high on Dudley(his contract)."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    http://mobile.canishoopus.com/2012/8...e-phoenix-suns

    There you go take it from the official Twolves blog under Twolves Perspective. Thanks for trying though.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    It specifically says "I think most of us twolves fans are high on Dudley(his contract)."
    lol, one tiny blurb right at the end? And you said "they were the ones"... its ONE GUY, with one sentence at the end... I was expecting some actual breakdown, maybe some discussion, no one in the comments even mentions it, his fellow fans totally ignore the idea and you made it sound like they ate it up... And the funniest part is the opening line "I've been a Suns fan my entire life". Thats a great great source for an unbiased trade idea.

    "Thanks for trying though".

    I really am open to debate on all these topics, its not a contest. I am not trying to make you look or sound stupid. But these pipe dream trade ideas are a joke. The Wolves would not for a moment consider a Dudley for Williams swap, it makes no sense at all for them. If you took a moment to actually look at their roster you would realize that.

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •