Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 1330
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    You can say the same about Bosh. And I don't mean superstar I mean all star. And the year bargs expires is the year that K-Love can walk on the Wolves. No success means he is getting tradedm
    Derozan has yet to come even close to being an all-star caliber guard. And it would be far easier to engineer a trade with Minnesota if we didnt have a bunch of bad contracts on the cap. Your Kevin Love idea involved trading for him next year, and Bargnani would not be an expiring. If you're talking about a hypothetical trade in the year Bargs expires then... whatever, its bonkers to make moves with a hypothetical trade idea in mind that wouldnt even take place for several years.

    I'd love to get Kevin Love, but there is no scenario where getting him becomes easier as a result of doing some awful cap draining trade with Toronto first. And you have to remember, Love wants out of Minnesota because they have not been to the playoffs while he has been there. I doubt getting traded to a Suns team coming off a couple 20 win teams would fill him with excitement.

    I'm not going to get my hopes up about Love though. Minnesota will likely make the playoffs this year and that would probably calm the situation with the organization. I hope he ends up demanding out in the near future, and I hope we make an aggressive play for him, but again, doing your hypothetical trade with Toronto would make it virtually impossible to acquire Love.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    Love is just the first that comes to mind. But there is a few players here and there. And the point is that DeRozan would be a great 2nd option to a Kevin Love or another superstar. Yes K-Love is superstar IMO.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Love is just the first that comes to mind. But there is a few players here and there. And the point is that DeRozan would be a great 2nd option to a Kevin Love or another superstar. Yes K-Love is superstar IMO.
    I agree, Love is a superstar, if he actually became available we should jump through hoops to get him. However, its going to be hard to land anyone of note if we're saddled down with bad contracts like Bargnani and yes, Derozan. Who probably should be a 6th man on a contending team filling the Jamal Crawford role. I cant see anyone contending with Derozan as their 2nd or even 3rd best player.

    You go find the superstar, either by trade or by draft THEN you find the right role players to surround him with. If you load up on expensive non-stars then its impossible to get a true difference maker.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    See but that's hard to say because the jury is still out on him. He plays for the Raptors and they just don't build good bball teams. It's not like Beasley where he's been bounced around. And no I'm not turning on Beas but you are right about him being bounced from team to team.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,767
    vCash
    1500
    I think Phrazbits point is that there's no need to become a dumping ground for bad players while we rebuild, that just makes things harder for us. Why add more salary just for the sake of it coming off our books in a couple of years. We'd have as much cap space and more flexibility just from standing pat.

    MDM, you're trade idea seems like a lot of time and effort just to get Derozan who really isn't going to put us over the top. Chances are the Raptors won't give us their pick either. I know you're point of 'sucking to get a high pick' is, in a way, what we should be doing but you've got to realise that a high pick doesn't guarantee a good player. If we have a bad draft, we're stuck.

    The best way to go about it would be to maintain flexibility so we can leave ourselves open to draft day deals, Free agents and lopsided trades. Taking on another bad teams over-paid cast-offs would not help us move forward.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    3,626
    vCash
    1500
    i still like the Gortat and filler to Perkins, Lamb or Jones and a pick proposal

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    Here are a list of the following FA classes. NOw first look at the 2013 and 2014 classes and find me one young up and coming superstar(like James Harden) that would want to come here(cause I know for sure LBJ, Wade, Melo and Kobe won't come here who might be the only ones worth the money they ask). Now look at 2015 K-Love and Gordon with their player options headline it. There are more options for us the route that I'm going but if you guys are content with going and probably throwing a max offer at J-smoove and Iggy(which I would love to see here but if we want to win a chip they would just delay the process even more) or going after the Monta Ellis' of the league then that's fine. I did the math and with all the picks we can possibly get along with Fields, Bargs, Derozan we are at 65 mill approximately. We don't take Fields and we're at 58 mill approximately. It's not like we're crippling ourselves with an immovable contract like Joe Johnson or Stat. Bargs and Fields would be here 1 FULL season that is it.

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents/

    The one I'm aiming for and when the contracts expire

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2015-nba-free-agents/

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    i still like the Gortat and filler to Perkins, Lamb or Jones and a pick proposal
    I do too but if Gortat keeps having an up and down season I'm not so sure that OKC won't ask for more. They are a smart office and rarely make moves out of panic. Not that they should be panicking by the way. What we could use against them is that Lamb hasn't played in the NBA so we don't know what he would be like. Personally I wish we could get Klay Thompson from GSW.
    Last edited by mdm692; 12-16-2012 at 01:39 PM.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Here are a list of the following FA classes. NOw first look at the 2013 and 2014 classes and find me one young up and coming superstar(like James Harden) that would want to come here(cause I know for sure LBJ, Wade, Melo and Kobe won't come here who might be the only ones worth the money they ask). Now look at 2015 K-Love and Gordon with their player options headline it. There are more options for us the route that I'm going but if you guys are content with going and probably throwing a max offer at J-smoove and Iggy(which I would love to see here but if we want to win a chip they would just delay the process even more) or going after the Monta Ellis' of the league then that's fine. I did the math and with all the picks we can possibly get along with Fields, Bargs, Derozan we are at 65 mill approximately. We don't take Fields and we're at 58 mill approximately. It's not like we're crippling ourselves with an immovable contract like Joe Johnson or Stat. Bargs and Fields would be here 1 FULL season that is it.

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents/

    The one I'm aiming for and when the contracts expire

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2015-nba-free-agents/
    But we dont need to deliberately screw ourselves for the next 3 seasons in order to have money to blow in 2015. Most of the elite players on that list will probably never become free agents, they will get extensions or be traded (and extended) before then. So then you've thrown 3 seasons into the tank for nothing.

    Again, its absolutely insane to tank for THREE YEARS in anticipation of free agents that we would have money for anyways without this awful trade and that likely wont even be there to be signed.

    And yes, its 3 years in the tubes. Even if you can get someone to bite on Bargnani as an expiring that wont happen until midway through the 2014-15 season... which would already be thoroughly destroyed.

    And one thing you're completely whiffing in this logic... if you want to have the money for that free agent class then you have to keep the expiring contracts.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    And we wont be getting bargs until Trade deadline midway through this season so that is 2 years max. K-Love and EJ already got their extensions and EJ don't want to be there whike Love made it clear that if there is no success he wants out. The reason we keep Bargs is so that at the 2015 trade deadline we can offer a package deal of all the rookies we have and expiring Bargs so Minny won't lose him for nothing while still having money for one max contract more.

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    And we wont be getting bargs until Trade deadline midway through this season so that is 2 years max. K-Love and EJ already got their extensions and EJ don't want to be there whike Love made it clear that if there is no success he wants out. The reason we keep Bargs is so that at the 2015 trade deadline we can offer a package deal of all the rookies we have and expiring Bargs so Minny won't lose him for nothing while still having money for one max contract more.
    Eric Gordon isnt worth mentioning.

    And Kevin Love is somewhat unhappy NOW, its extremely unlikely that Minnesota sits on him and does nothing for 2 years while he moans. He will either be traded waaaaaaaaaaaay before this insane scenario plays out or he and the Wolves will have resolved their differences and he will be off the market.

    I mean... i cannot put into words how utterly insane it is to be planning current roster moves based on the 2015 trade deadline... it is absolutely absurd.

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    Not really because there are other options. Such as Klay Thompson or Barnes because one or the other could command alot of money. Unless you have a magic ball then it is hard to tell. Minny won't trade him until the 2015 trade deadline depending on how their team looks. Trading him prior to his contract expiring now that would be, how did you put it, EXTREMELY STUPID. Gordon is worht mentioning because you don't know what he will look like in 3 years. For all we know he could get his **** together and play like the next Wade.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    Every single Suns fan including myself is so used to winning that they're afraid to invest. You and anybody can guess whatever you want but you have no proof or stat to predict the future. I mean you can keep trying but anything you say will be futile due to the fact that you can't predict what will happen. For all we know Bargs plays PF for us and shows what he can really do in this system and teams will be calling non stop to inquire about him. Worst case we get high picks but there is no way of telling how it will turn out.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Every single Suns fan including myself is so used to winning that they're afraid to invest. You and anybody can guess whatever you want but you have no proof or stat to predict the future. I mean you can keep trying but anything you say will be futile due to the fact that you can't predict what will happen. For all we know Bargs plays PF for us and shows what he can really do in this system and teams will be calling non stop to inquire about him. Worst case we get high picks but there is no way of telling how it will turn out.
    You're the one making trade scenarios that supposedly will have redeeming value 3 years in the future. You shouldnt get on anyone's case for trying to predict the future because this trade idea of yours relies entirely on some absurd future scenarios working out.

    And Clay Thompson? He is going to be a restricted free agent IF he isnt already extended, Barnes wont even be a free agent, Golden State has a team option on him for the following year.

    On its own merit and not taking into account YOUR future predictions this proposed Toronto trade is a complete disaster. It makes the Suns worse in every way imaginable. It kills their cap space for years, it makes them probably the worst team in the league for several years. It does not even help them be a player in the 2015 free agent class (which NO ONE has any clue if it will be a good group or not) because we ALREADY would have that cap space in 2015.

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    And even if we don't get Love we have multiple lotto selections. I provided FA classes with huge names that would fit greatly with us and rookies that could potentially turn out to be great as well. You on the contrary are basing your argument on sole opinion. You exaggerate and make it seem as if our payroll was that of the Knicks or Lakers which it isn't our cap would be between 56-65 mill depending on moves. Hell the 3rd year of Beasleys deal is non guaranteed which would mean even more money and flexibility for 1 complete season of being a few mill over the cap when we realistically have no chance at Melo or LBJ. Like I said you are using your opinion and assuming all goes bad as usual therefore just stop tryng its useless.

Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •