Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    It was actually rumored that we inquired about Harden but the FO was reluctant when they said they wanted Gortat. The FO probably called with a scrub offer centered around Dudley. This is all assumption based on rumors nothing else.
    This wasnt even ever a rumor, it was all just message board talk with not even a rumor an innuendo or even an "unnamed source" backing it. The Houston offer beat any offer the Suns could put together (Gortat included) unless the Suns threw in multiple unprotected 1st round picks. We didnt have the ammo to get a deal done. End of story.

vCash
    Twitter actually but you're right about the offer destroying our offer.

vCash
    I know this is highly unlikely and something we shouldn't do but. How about getting a top 5 pick in the draft then, like phoenixson said, Gortat/Dudley/Brown/Kieff/Our 1st and LAL 2015 1st(lotto protected) For K-Love and AK47. If OKC doesn't win it all trade Scola for Lamb.

Dragic/Marshall
    Lamb/Tucker
    Ak47/Beasley
    Love/FA or rookie with LA's or MEM pick
    O'neal?? Oden??/Frye

vCash
    I know this is highly unlikely and something we shouldn't do but. How about getting a top 5 pick in the draft then, like phoenixson said, Gortat/Dudley/Brown/Kieff/Our 1st and LAL 2015 1st(lotto protected) For K-Love and AK47. If OKC doesn't win it all trade Scola for Lamb.

Dragic/Marshall
    Lamb/Tucker
    Ak47/Beasley
    Love/FA or rookie with LA's or MEM pick
    O'neal?? Oden??/Frye

I would be fine with that. You pay a premium to land a bonafied star, especially a big man. Kevin Love is certainly that. But I dont see the Wolves trading him until he demands out, and if they did I think they'd want parts with a bit more upside than that offer, its not an awful trade but its not quite there... maybe if Marshall were included (Khan loves PGs) and all of our picks this year rather than just the one. Its a steep price but but Love is a star and the Suns really dont have much to offer besides their wealth of draft picks.

As for the other part, I dont see OKC caring about landing Scola, and certainly not for Lamb. OKC is always building for the future, hard to picture them swapping a 21 year old who was just picked in the lotto for a 33 year old who was just amnestied.

vCash
    Scola would look so odd on a team of youngsters like OKC. I don't think he'd mind though. I also think he'd do them some good in the post game. Maybe if we took back Perkins too? He'd be an expiring by then.

vCash
    I could see OKC going for it. Specially if they re-sign K-mart. If not we should get him. IF we are able to get Love ray:.

vCash
    OKC targets young guys... athletic guys... and if they're not athletic they need to be good on D. None of that remotely describes Scola. He is the opposite of the kinds of players they go for. There are teams that would probably be interested in Scola, but I cant see OKC taking him... even if it was for free.

vCash
    It was actually rumored that we inquired about Harden but the FO was reluctant when they said they wanted Gortat. The FO probably called with a scrub offer centered around Dudley. This is all assumption based on rumors nothing else.
    This. I'm just talking rumors, I may be wrong.

vCash
    Would you do

Gortat, Dudley for Perkins, Lamb, Jones III

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    Would you do

I'd do it if i were the Suns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    OKC targets young guys... athletic guys... and if they're not athletic they need to be good on D. None of that remotely describes Scola. He is the opposite of the kinds of players they go for. There are teams that would probably be interested in Scola, but I cant see OKC taking him... even if it was for free.
    Just like when they got Derek Fisher last year right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    Would you do

Hell no.

Gortat isn't leaving for OKC unless that Toronto draft pick is coming back to PHX. Plus Dudley's finally playing well so his value may get higher as season goes along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Just like when they got Derek Fisher last year right?
    Fisher plays defense, they didnt have to give anything up for him and their backup PG was out for the year...

But other than that great point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Fisher plays defense, they didnt have to give anything up for him and their backup PG was out for the year...

But other than that great point.

Fisher plays defense? i think you mean he tries to play defense. Ask any laker fan, lol

vCash
    And how about trade Gortat fur Drummond+first round pick ?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blsc38g

Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast