Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Exactly we need to focus on what's best for us not for Gortat or any other team. Believe it or not there are teams like POR's and TOR's who may think acquiring a legit C like Gortat can launch them into a playoff spot. I really don't see why we would trade with BOS when we can possibly get better deals. But if playoff team is who you wanna deal with than OKC>>>>> any other playoff team.
    What we should have done is traded for Harden when they wanted Gortat and we wouldn't give him up.

But now, I'd rather get Avery Bradley and extras from Boston. I really think he'll be a great player, and he's not getting paid quite yet.

vCash
    Phx gets: Turner
    Phx sends: Gortat

Phi gets: J-smoove, Gortat
    Phi sends: Bynum, Turner

Atl gets: Bynum
    Atl sends: J-smoove

^^^ anybody care to elaborate on that trade layout or would that be too much on the Phily side.
    Philly doesnt give up enough. Bynum is worthless right now, absolutely worthless, he is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year and there is a very good chance he wont play a game before then. Atlanta wouldnt consider that trade.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayin'zona View Post
    What we should have done is traded for Harden when they wanted Gortat and we wouldn't give him up.

But now, I'd rather get Avery Bradley and extras from Boston. I really think he'll be a great player, and he's not getting paid quite yet.
    The Suns holding out on a Harden because of Gortat is completely unfounded speculation. The Houston trade trumped just about anything the Suns could have put together unless we offered up multiple unprotected 1st round picks.

vCash
    Do you mean give more for Gortat or Josh Smith? Atl might do it if they can secure an extension from Bynum.

vCash
    Ohk how about this. Trade deadline we do the 3 team deal that lands us Turner. We throw in Dudley, Wes and maybe just maybe one of the Lakers picks to facilitate the trade and to acquire, along with Turner, Kyle Korver.

Dragic/Bassy/Marshall
    Brown/Tucker
    Turner/Korver
    Kieff/Beas
    O'neal/Scola

Tank all the way to the draft and either move up to draft the best available C or do it at our current position at that time.

FA comes in we extend resign Tucker and O'neal to some good yet cheap deals.

Sign Kevin Martin to a 2-3 year deal.

Sign Oden to a 2-3 year deal(cheap deal).

Trade Scola for Lamb.

Hopefully Frye is 100% by that time. Move Beasley to PF where he has been the most effective throughout his entire career.

Dragic/Marshall
    Martin/Lamb/Korver
    Turner/Tucker
    Kieff/Beasley/
    Oden/Frye/O'neal/Rookie

Even if Beasley sucks at PF just move Frye to PF and let Beasley get water if he shows 0 improvement. What do you guys think.

vCash
    Yes we would be giving too much for Turner and Korver.

vCash
    What do you guys think about this trade?

We get the Toronto draft pick and send the Timberwolves pick to the Bucks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=afn4ohw

Dragic, Telfair
    Lamb, Brown
    Tucker, PJ III
    Morris, Scola
    Sanders, O'Neal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    What do you guys think about this trade?

We get the Toronto draft pick and send the Timberwolves pick to the Bucks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=afn4ohw

Dragic, Telfair
    Lamb, Brown
    Tucker, PJ III
    Morris, Scola
    Sanders, O'Neal

I think the Bucks would put you on their blocked caller list.

vCash

Was that ever an option? I know we as Suns fans wanted to get him but not sure OKC was ever in play.

vCash

When did OKC want Gortat? When did we refuse to include him in a trade for Harden?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    When did OKC want Gortat? When did we refuse to include him in a trade for Harden?
    It was actually rumored that we inquired about Harden but the FO was reluctant when they said they wanted Gortat. The FO probably called with a scrub offer centered around Dudley. This is all assumption based on rumors nothing else.

vCash
    I want Novak from NY, i swear that guy can make a three-point shot with his eyes closed!

Also, does anyone remember Crawford telling Gentry he'd like to be a Sun last year (i believe it was during a dead ball situation during a game)? Wonder what happened there. dude's like the leading scorer in the league in the 4th quarter

vCash
    I think that I may have a solution that could lead to us rebuilding through the draft. This all depends on where that TOR pick ends up. Being that is Top 3 protected we should wait and see.

Let's assume that the league indeed is rigged that would mean that is our turn to get a high pick with all this losing and with Nash gone. If we keep playing like this we have a real shot at picking top 3(hoping #1). I'm going to say we get lucky and pick #1 overall. So that's settled.

With that settle the first scenario has the pick going back to TOR.

Like I said we get lucky and we pick #1 overall. We take Shabazz

Right after that let's assume that the TOR pick is #3 overall.

Before I proceed this is after Gasol keeps playing like **** and the Lakers get ousted in the 1st round after barely getting into the playoffs.

We call Tor and we call the Lakers in which we offer a trade where Dudley, Gortat and Gasol end up in Toronto. Barnagni ends up in LaLa land. Ross and Fields(we have to absorb his contract) and the 3rd overall pick come to PHX. Salaries don't really match but since it's a draft day trade I'm not sure if Wes and Calderon's expiring contracts can be added. If so then they go to LA as well. We obviously have to include a couple of picks. Which we have quite a bit in this draft. I know it's a loooooooooooooooooooooong shot but I can see TOR doing it because Gortat and Gasol both expire in 2014 and that is about 26-27 million coming off the books just for 2 players when the best FA class is set to hit the market. So even if it doesn't work out for Toronto they have a high pick in 2014 along with almost 30 million in cap space for a max contract or 2 depending on who they go after.

Lakers gladly do it because Barnagni is a hand in glove fit on Mike D system. He also has 3 years left in his contract when the deal is made which allows them to have a cornerstone player when Kobe and Nash retire.

Suns give up a little too much but if by some miracle we are able to get the #1(Shabazz) and the #3(Noels or Zeller whoever is available).

We get stuck with Fields for a few years but with a core of *crossing fingers* Shabazz-Dragic-Noel it would be worth it.

We ship Scola along with another future lotto protected pick to OKC for Lamb(Scola would be just what OKC needs to all but secure a ring).

Dragic/Marshall
    Lamb/Brown or FA
    Shabazz/Tucker
    Morris/Beasley
    Noel/Frye

I know it's a bit on the fantasy side but hey crazier things have happened.

Second scenario has the TOR pick in OKC(top 10) you guys know the deal the best available player but our 1st if #1 overall(like im praying it is) should be Noel. Trade has to be the usual Perkins, Lamb, Pick for Gortat, Dudley deal.

Dragic/Marshall
    Lamb/Brown or FA
    Poythres(Tor pick)/Tucker
    Morris/Beasley
    Noel/Perkins/Frye

Well guys those are my 2 dream scenarios. Long season but so far it seems as if we're on the right track, at least for our pick to be #1 overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    I want Novak from NY, i swear that guy can make a three-point shot with his eyes closed!

Also, does anyone remember Crawford telling Gentry he'd like to be a Sun last year (i believe it was during a dead ball situation during a game)? Wonder what happened there. dude's like the leading scorer in the league in the 4th quarter
    Novak is a G and Crawford was only and option if Nash stayed which he didn't.

vCash
    It was actually rumored that we inquired about Harden but the FO was reluctant when they said they wanted Gortat. The FO probably called with a scrub offer centered around Dudley. This is all assumption based on rumors nothing else.
    I heard that our FO made every offer possible (including trades involving Gortat) but that OKC weren’t interested in anything we had to offer. I never saw anything concrete to the contrary.

vCash
    I heard a rumor of the opposite but who knows. Like I said it's all speculation really. This caught everybody by surprise that nothing concrete ever appeared from our end.

Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast